My 2nd & 9th Doctor Doctor Who customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, I'm just going to come on right out and say it: I'm a picky bastard when it comes to 1:6 stuff, and I'm harder on no one more than myself.

I started a commission earlier in the year to hire Ada make this Patrick Troughton head and ended up paying for most of it myself due to lack of contributors. I have to say I think it turned out amazing, looking just like the ref pic I asked her to base him off of here and I was extremely pleased with it.

00299a.jpg

greatprofile.jpg

Painting however is another story. I can paint so-so, but am no Les. My finished Pat looks very little like him in my opinion and I am pretty disappointed in my paintjob on him. The Second Doctor is one of my all-time faves, so I think I may have to send him off to be painted by a professional and hopefully they can capture the likeness better that's in the sculpt.

000_0779.jpg

000_0770.jpg

000_0762a.jpg

000_0763a.jpg

000_0764.jpg

000_0739.jpg

The ultra-detailed outfit is by Vikki (Vikkitx), doing another outstanding job. The quality and accuracy she puts into her costumes just can't be compared with. Thanks Vikki!

I wanted my Second Doctor to look straight out of INVASION with a giant pimp collar. I bought the shirt with giganto collar loose from a parted out Sideshow Scarface. I painted suspenders I bought loose as well into Troughtons "Lucky Charms" themed ones. The costume turned out terrific, (but then, that's because Vikki did almost all of it). :)

As nice as I think this sculpt turned out, it's exciting to think how much nicer a Chris Howes 2nd Doctor could look, (and I know another talented sculptor, Mr Barlow, is working on some Doctors as well!)

Last edited:
Next up is my long suffering Ninth Doctor custom which I keep going back to and touching up. I just got done weathering his jacket and I am really happy with how that turned out. I probably need to buy less baggy pants for him yet and then I feel he'll be truly done.

000_0662.jpg

000_0756.jpg

000_0753.jpg

000_0758.jpg

great stuff bro!! I love what you did to Ecelston's jacket. Where did you get it from? Weathering looks great, and head sculpts are awesome. Too bad you couldn't get more interest in the 2nd doctor.

great stuff bro!! I love what you did to Ecelston's jacket. Where did you get it from? Weathering looks great, and head sculpts are awesome. Too bad you couldn't get more interest in the 2nd doctor.

Thanks! The jacket I got a while ago, but I still see it out in the 1:6th part stores, it's a black SaturdayToys leather jacket from their knock-off Prison Break outfits. It comes in a full set, but I've also seen it parted out.
Check Storeroom.com or Monkeydepot first, 'cause I'm sure I've seen them there recently.

-Rick :)

Hey don't knock your paint apps we artists are are own worst critics I think my scarves and Police Boxes need work and everything else I do also.

Those are awesome !!!
Seeing Doctors makes me happy !
We need a 9 Doctors special !

That is definitely Patrick Troughton. Ada did nice work there. :rock

I wish someone would just cast that dang Christopher Eccleston head (assuming its from that walkie-talkie).

I think the Patrick sculpt turned out great and Vikki does a fantastic job on all of her costumes. We need more Who!!:D

They look great. Shows just how cool 1/6 Dr Who figures really are.

Great work Rick,the pic of the 2nd Doctor with the Yeti is my favorite.

Great work again, Rick! Your pics showing how well you did the weathering on the 9th Doctor's jacket served as inspiration for me to attempt some basic weathering for the project on which I'm currently working (Leela's leather loincloth). Thanks again for the quick tips you gave me - They really helped a lot.

I'm glad you finally got a decent pic of your Yeti.

Back