My 1/6 Lone Ranger custom/bash Dynamite ver.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi gang
Here's my custom bash of the Lone Ranger from the Dynamite comic series. Here's a pic for those who don't read it:

loneranger0coverdw1003.jpg

As you can see, it ain't Clayton Moore. It's an excellent read. They've done a good job in my opinion of modernizing him, but maintaining the integrity of the character.

The Dynamite version is the first in a series I'd like to do (since nobody else is doing it). Tonight are a couple "sneak peaks" as it were, since I'm waiting for one more component which should be here this week. I was really happy with how the Star Wars....I mean Lone Ranger and Tonto stand came out.

Here are the pics. For the 5 or 6 Lone Ranger fans out there, stay tuned.

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

I liked the old black and white show with Clayton Moore as a kid. But I'm also eager for whatever Hollywood has planned.

Custom looks alright so far. I agree the stand is pretty sweet looking. Did you design that yourself or is it from those comics? I'll be checking back for better pics!

I liked the old black and white show with Clayton Moore as a kid. But I'm also eager for whatever Hollywood has planned.

Custom looks alright so far. I agree the stand is pretty sweet looking. Did you design that yourself or is it from those comics? I'll be checking back for better pics!

The logo on the stand is the logo of one of the Dynamite series. The main title is "the Lone Ranger", and it's on issue 23. "The Lone Ranger and Tonto" only has 3 issues out. It's a scan from one of those covers with some Paint editing.

I love the old TV show too. I just don't think Clayton Moore HAS to be the only one ever. Some people act as if everything with Lone Ranger that isn't Clayton Moore is heracy. I'm cautiously looking forward to the new version as well.

Here's my first picture of him "complete". I'm stoked he came out so good (for MY shelf anyway). I wish I had a plain, western style shirt, but the one I found is sufficient for now. More pictures will follow-hopefully some action shots. Natural light is NG for today since it's pouring here. I'd really like to get some sunset shots eventually.

LoneRangerDynamite1.jpg

Great work, but I would trim the mask down a bit. It seems to cover too much of his face going back to the Clayton Moore days and also your reference pic. Love the holsters and boots, nice work.

Great work, but I would trim the mask down a bit. It seems to cover too much of his face going back to the Clayton Moore days and also your reference pic. Love the holsters and boots, nice work.

Thanks zeek72. Although my "reference" pic is good at showing the slightly more realistic colors of the modernized outfit (no way powder blue and all the studded out rigging gets respect in the old west-in fact, he actually has to don powder blue in one comic as this outfit gets burned, and Tonto busts his chops), it's incorrect in showing the mask. It is much wider and hides more of his face. which technically would work better.

LR18cov-Cass.jpg

lone-ranger-comic-book.jpg

These show a little better how it covers his nose and goes up under the hat.

That looks great. And as previously mentioned, it brings back the days of Gabriel's figure from the 70s. It was my first figure as well so the Lone Ranger holds a hallowed status.

How about a few action shots?

I love it! The mask seems off but I think it's just "too big" looking thinking back to the Clayton Moore show. It matches with the look you were going for. Great work!

Just a quick update for all 3 Lone Ranger fans. I have since replaced the 2 brown belts with black and I loaded him up with bullets.

I've also given him a partner. The head blows, but there's only a handful of Native American sculpts and fewer that are realistic. This will do for now. Without further adieu, I give you Lone Ranger and Tonto, as inspired by Dynamite Entertainment comics.

IMG_1068.jpg

And, of course any 1/6 figure worth it's salt has to have an exclusive version. This exclusive is his duster from the cover of Issue #12.

IMG_1071.jpg

Sorry I can't shoot these better. Somebody that knows what the hell they are doing could probably make this pretty professional-looking. At any rate, just wanted to get some closure on this thread. Hopefully a few more people enjoy it this time.

And from a purely selfish perspective, if these figures seem at all interesting, try giving the book a read. It's drawn superbly. It has a real western feel to it. Could be a little longer in the dialog department, but the book may be in trouble. Give it a shot. Hi-yo Silver!!

Those really came out nice. Great to see some Western Figures, especially The Lone Ranger.
we need to see more figures like this. :clap

Actually, it comes from Hot Toys just like that. I think it's from a Terminator guy or something. That's why I call him a mostly a bash. I just find other figures parts that look best to me. That said, I at least had the good sense to use mostly Hot Toys parts :lol

Back