MUMMY PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the first pic it doesn't look that bad to me, but in the second it seems more apparent. My advice would be to look at what it will take to return it, and how much it will bother you if you don't. Lemme give ya fer instance, my PF Spidey has a black paint blotch on the top of his head just above his eye. If you're standing right in front of it looking at his head its pretty noticeable, but from a distance it doesn't bother me, so I figured I'd rather live with it than return it. Yeah, I'm lazy. :D

wow mike, that's pretty noticeable on the nose...it looks like the mummy's been out in the sun too long and his nose was peeling due to the sunburn...

Michael Crawford said:
Okay, so do I send it back?

review_pfmummy_4.jpg

review_pfmummy_6.jpg

i couldn't live with that.i recently sent back my phanton SSE because i couldn't take my eyes off the imperfection on his forehead.

your mummy kinda reminds me of this guy..

View attachment 1985

Last edited:
I got my Mummy today and just took him out of his box.

Mine looks really good but there is a few very small flaws but they aren't as bad as Michael's piece. The paint on the jar on the base is a little rubbed off like the nose on Michael's piece. It doesn't look so bad though since it blends in with the sand on the base. There is also a small scratch on the sarcouphagus. In fact I didn't notice it until I "inspected" the piece inch by inch.

I'll post pics soon. My camera is out of juice. :eek:

this thing seems to be having issues with its paint applications.i don't think the sole problem is shipping.i think this is a job for Joe friday...

joefriday.jpg

Well I rececived my Mummy today and Im Happy to say no defects or breakage. The way the figure is wrapped up, The only way the paint could be damaged is if it came that way. I agree with Hydrobud. But for the base, I could see a problem with the paint being rubbed off, or a breakage of the small figure or the jar. They really should have padded the base more before putting it in the styrofoam. I will probably curse myself on this but I have recieved over 40 Items from sideshow, and have never had a defective or damaged Item. I hope these defects are not the start of a Trend.

A buddy of mine went to a dealer friend of ours today. For some bizarre reason he had 4 MUMMY PF's for sale in his store!!!!!! One was unwrapped and on display. Sure enough it had the rubbed mark on the vase. My buddy had already come to the house to see mine, and I brought him up to speed by showing him this great thread. He also noted that the paint apps were radically different from mine. Darker colors used for the sarcophagus lid. Kind of odd. For a piece that has so few produced, you would think it would be easy to keep the quality under control. I hope there are no Bride of Frankenstein PF woes.

See, it's times like this that I am happy to be a painter.... I had similiar issues with my Demon Freddy PF.... the lip was chipped a little and some paint rubbed off of the top of his head....

Fixed it in no time and it looks like nothing was ever wrong...:D

dr2red said:
Fascinating reading all of your posts and viewing the pics.
With all of the damage problems and paint issues at this
time I am glad I have not spent the cash on a pf.
What would SS do if this PF was sold out and they had
no spares to replace your damaged items.
I so dearly want a Bride PF but am scared to pay the price
and receive a less than perfect piece.

I really don't understand your posting...

First of all, Sideshow always keeps a certain number of replacement pieces for every product that they ship. So long as you let them know of a problem in a timely manner, you should never have a problem.

Secondly, if indeed, for whatever reason, Sideshow did not have a replacement piece for a damaged/defective product, they would most certainly make good by providing a full refund (and sometimes, they even provide perks and freebies in this situation).

So there is no justifiable reason to be "scared" with regard to doing business with Sideshow.

B.

Got mine on Monday and got a chance to open it up yesterday. Mine looks good.

Here are some pics...

...I'm a little embarrassed by this last picture. Imagine my shock when I walked downstairs this morning. :eek:

PS. Forgive me, but it's all Michael Crawford's fault. I couldn't resist after seeing all his pics with Connor in them including his last Mummy review. :monkey5 :monkey4

Last edited:
Hey hey now - don't you go pulling me into your smut! My photos are always of the purest and cleanest and...uh...okay, fine.

Fritz said:
Got mine on Monday and got a chance to open it up yesterday. Mine looks good.

Here are some pics...

...I'm a little embarrassed by this last picture. Image my shock when I walked downstairs this morning. :eek:

PS. Forgive me, but it's all Michael Crawford's fault. I couldn't resist after seeing all his pics with Connor in them including his last Mummy review. :monkey5 :monkey4
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Congrats Fritz. It's good to hear there are some gooduns out there. I hope mine doesn't have any bad defects when it arrives, hopefully before Christmas.

OMG:horror Is what Willow doing considered an act of lesbianism?

Back