Mumak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, come on SS, change the sculpt, so i'ts standing upright and charging in all it's glory.:bow

Yeah, come on SS, change the sculpt, so i'ts standing upright and charging in all it's glory.

I agree. Without at least the arrows and battlefield debris or perhaps at least one Haradrim, it's too antiseptic.

But I must admit that the tower looks amazing and the mumak itself looks good.

We should get a Petition up, for them to change it so i'ts standing up, that would be so much better. If they do that it will look great.

hi guys,

i agree that the mumak sculpt looks empty. in its falling pose, it looks good with its slashes on the legs but the base is empty! it is a battlefield btw and they need it strewn with debris and dead orcs/rohirrim. also if the howdah is clean and empty vs in ruins and empty, it makes a difference. maybe they can have acouple of harad warriors falling or hanging from it (remember the troll holding the guard to show the scale?).

They aren't going to change the sculpt now. That would be a major delay and then you'd never get it. In person pics I think will show how cool this pose is.

People, there is a Haradrim lying dead on the ground and there's warfare debris aswell (spear e.a.). Just check the pictures better. And stop nagging about changing the sculpt. They wont.

Changed my mind, loved it at first but just watched the Gollum DVD that you got free with TTT and about 4 mins in there is a fantastic Mumak statue in the background.
:google
Its hugh and standing upright, me wants that one, i wants it for my own.

Me to, it's just so much better, then this one. I just don't understand why the couldn't have had the Mumak upright and charging. Just like the one we saw one the gollum
dvd, It couldn't have been that hard for them to have done it like that. :(

It just looks like an elephant with stuff on it!! This will be about as exciting as Shelob, which is pretty much just a spider. :bang :naughty

Dave

I think the statue is awesome. I can't wait to get it! :banana

It would be cool if there were some arrows sticking out of him but I can deal with that. I actually prefer this dying Mumakil over the one of the Gollum dvd. Yeah, the one on the dvd is BIG but it's just standing there on all four legs. Boring....

A charging Mumakil would be cool but I'm just as happy with this one. :rock

P.S.

B Electronic, where is the dead Haradrim? I see some of the debris but not a Haradrim. :dunno

I think the dimensions for width & length are the size of the base, height is obviously the size of the Mumak. This will have the largest base, but may not have the biggest statue size, but if you look at the proportions, he will be huge.

Regarding the details like mini arrows and spikey tusks, I think they are missing as it would be almost impossible to remove from the silicon mould without breaking them, let alone ship them in one piece.

Can you imagine all the minty-mint collectors demanding another Mumak be shipped after their first one arrived with 2 of the 389 pin sized arrows broken!

:lol

This will have the largest base, but may not have the biggest statue size, but if you look at the proportions, he will be huge.

That's exactly what I was afraid of. The current Rider & Steed pieces fit perfectly on my shelves depth-wise, but there is only 1-1.5" of room left.

The fact that the Howdah sticks out several inches to the back is fine, but I just hope the base is not too wide. I have the perfect place for the Mumak to go now, but the base looks like it might not fit!

I think the dimensions for width & length are the size of the base, height is obviously the size of the Mumak. This will have the largest base, but may not have the biggest statue size, but if you look at the proportions, he will be huge.

Finally, someone who understands!!! :lol
You can't compare Mumak to the Cave Troll or Balrog because of the scale differences. The Mumak will always look puny compared to them. But when viewed on its own, and only when you think of the vast area this statue covers because of the size of the Mumak in the movies, can you appreciate how big this statue is. Weta could have easily scaled down and given us a smaller Mumak, yet they didn't. For the scale and base size, they've given us one huge beast.
As far as arrows go...I doubt it will happen. Again, look at the size of the Rohirrim compared to the Mumak in the films, and think of how small the arrows will be on the statue.
Nothing, nor anyones opinion of this piece is going to change my mind as far as purchasing. My only problem with the Mumak and my only question to Weta is...why stop now when you've come so close to perfect. :dunno
Thats all folks!!!

It just keeps losing its appeal to me, one solitary spear on the base. :dunno This poor Mumak never stood a chance, he is so bare, I am not sure I will keep my order.

If that is a helmet on th eground by its foot, then the scale is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off!
DAMN!
Those thing swere GIGANTIC! They where stepping on horses for crying out loud! A helmet would have looked like an ant!

Didn't they mention in one of the commentaries that they "cheated" the scale of the mumakil from shot to shot depending on what they needed/wanted? The difference in size between the mumakil and Rohirrim varies throughout the scene. Look at the prop one lying behind Eowyn during her confrontation with the Witch King. It's nowhere near as large as its digital counterparts.

Back