Mumak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's not really the size that bothers me (although the Battle Troll gives you more Poly / $ at 9" x 14" & $175)

The problem is it's dying. The Haradrim statue was equally as big a turn off to me. Who would want a Cave Troll statue, slumped on the ground dead after Lego & Co killed him? I want to see the characters alive & in action, not dying or dead.

i love the mumak but not particular about the pose esp since the base is empty.
i wanted a mumak like in the lotr exhibit but that would be so difficult to ship. i have the GW model and that looks cool with all the haradon the howdah and the dead rohirrim on the base. i was hoping for something similar.

this figure might do. i ordered it and cant wait to ssee it in sdcc.

I think people are really getting hung up on the height of the statue, which has nothing to do with the scale of the statue. This piece is 11" tall, but the beast is lying down. If it had been standing, the statue would be closer to 20" tall (including the height of the tower).

Looks pretty darn good to me, although I admit I would have preferred a charging, bellowing version. I suspect they went this route to keep the overall size of the piece more reasonable.

Now I'm really hoping I win Josh's Haradrim piece (which I never had much interest in before). :D

Don't care for this statue. Ik looks empty without it's "driver".
I'm not getting this one...

Not a very good pose IMO, but still a great looking statue. Will have to buy though....the only Mumak statue we'll have from SS..

WG :lvader

I suppose the base is empty because he is falling down and everybody got out of the way. A stomping mumak with an empty base would have looked worse, I think. If we had to have an empty base, I think it is better with a falling mumak instead. Plus, it keeps with the established theme of releasing only impaled/wounded characters from Harad. I'm just glad they gave us a mumak at all before the end. Of course, now I've ordered my last LotR piece ever from Sideshow...
:wave

I dont like the pose. Its missing a few spears and arrows. It just looks like its falling over.
And did SS/Weta change the paint the use? From Legolas/Arod, Aragon and this it seems the paints are brighter and "cleaner"

I think people are really getting hung up on the height of the statue, which has nothing to do with the scale of the statue. This piece is 11" tall, but the beast is lying down. If it had been standing, the statue would be closer to 20" tall (including the height of the tower).

Yeah you are right! If it was standing it would be 20" tall, and I think that is what is hanging a few people up. I'd rather have a 20" tall standing mumak than an 11" falling down version. But it's better than nothing, and is still very cool! :elef

Looks like the only thing I'm picking up this year will be the Battle Troll...course, that might change depending on how Aragorn on Horseback looks, etc.

Disappointed with the Mumak; would've been nice to have a rampaging Mumak with just a driver, even with an empty carriage. The driver would've at least given some sense of the majesty of these gigantic creatures.

Hard for me to spend 300.00 on a falling, dying mumak, no matter how big small/big the sculpt.

Yeah you are right! If it was standing it would be 20" tall, and I think that is what is hanging a few people up. I'd rather have a 20" tall standing mumak than an 11" falling down version.
And that's fine, but that wasn't exactly my point. My point was that some people were giving the impression that the scale was too small, based on the 11" height.

Too bad we aren't going to get a "Harad w/ head on a spear" Bust to go along with this and the Harad Statue . :p

re

preodered one. too bad there is no driver (even a dead one). but still it's a mumak! can't pass it.

Re: re

Man, you all doubting this piece will get a chance starting next week to see just how big this item really is.

Re: re

I like the Mumak !
I'm just going to lay my other Rider and Steed statues on their sides so it doesn't look out of place . ;)

Back