Mumak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: as I was saying . . .

I never thought little mini Haradhrim were going to be on the Mumak, and while it would have been nice, can you imagine the outrage of the fans when they say it's like having the mini Morgul Lord all over again! And they would be a pain in the ass for the sculptors, and probably would have been a good excuse to bump the price up even more ;)
It did look a bit plain to me too, but on a couple of the close ups you can see the skin is very well detailed. And MAN how did they get that tower at that angle! Plus a nice Pelennor fields base, with what looks like helmets or something on it...and it's bloody massive too. I like!

Re: as I was saying . . .

I don't like the 'dying' pose and I like it even less that his basket is empty, where are all the haradhrim, they couldn't all have fallen out, the creature isn't even down all the way.

To me, this is a very disappointing conclusion to a great series of statues, perhabs the best there will ever be, making the end all the more bitter.

it's not that big according to the dimensions...

do the listed dimensions (width / depth) mean the base, or the actual statue...?

I like this, I think.

It's definitely an interesting choice. There were rumors many months back of a dead mumak, in the aftermath of the pellenor. This is stil very kinetic though, charging, sreaming, crashing down. It may also have been their way to avoid the tricky issue of a dozen mini-Harad. I did quite like that one driver though, he at least would have been a nice touch. The idea's great, but not 100% sure yet on the execution. It'll be nice to see in person.

:clap

I'm not really impressed at the moment. This had the potential
of being the most impressive, and best statue yet. But it failed, the
charging 24 inch, Mumak, would have been so much better.:\ :(

Yea, this piece is NOT the same Mumak that Weta has on display at the LOTR Trilogy Exhibit.

Nor, is it the same from the Gollum DVD, which I think might of been the same from the Exhibit.

If it was, I definitely would of got one for myself. I would of paid $500 for that one too. It's huge and awesome.

I am just not happy with the pose on the one we are getting, at all....

I am just not happy with the pose on the one we are getting, at all....

Agreed, Also $300 for a mediumish statue isn't too cool either. This should have been Cave Troll huge or bigger, and it should have been standing or charging in all i'ts glory. This could have been right up there with the Cave Troll, as the best beast statue. and they blew it IMO, I'm not in favour of the dying pose either, very undignified for an awesome beast like this. "Not the intimidating war machine, I was hoping for."

I wonder how many inches the Hadash will take up, my guess "3-4.

"4-11 = 7 inch Mumuk. hmm, worth the $300? We'll see

worth the $300?

According to Sideshows site, by comparison, the Wraith/Steed base is smaller than the Mumak base looking at the Width and Depth. So take a ruler and measure 11 inches high on a Wraith base if you have one and that will give you an approx. size of the statue. Pretty frickin big if you ask me.

Yeah, I agree that it will probably be a pretty decent size. I'm anxious to see how people react when they get to see it in person. I want to know if the skin detail is on par with the CT. Unless the details completely blow people away, this is one of those pieces that I will be happy to live without.

Seion

I was thinking, if only the Mumak was standing up right it would look excellent..Maybe they could remold it for us they
said i'ts for the fans right.?

it needs to be standing up with arrows stuck in its legs & the chain of spikes between the tusks

Back