Premium Format Ms. Marvel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Nodakskip, thanks for the pic of her without the sash.

Are the paint errors the tiny dots I've been seeing from other pics?

The more I see the more I like. I'd have to go with the EX though, I like the portrait without pupils.

Just got mine. 53 out of 750. Intersting thing Fedex is doing now. I was able to have it sent to the Fedex Office store and they held it there for me to pick up rather then just going all the way downtown to the Fedex ground location. The guy said they just started to do it that way.

Anyway the statue looks good. The only real grip I have is the hair on the heads. They are more pale yellow and have tiny paint errors. Not enough to have me send it back but annoying. That and getting the sash the right way might take a bit.

marvelfront.jpg

marvelback.jpg

Congrats. Here is a sample how I tied the red belt?

mmFS1.jpg

...Anyway the statue looks good. The only real grip I have is the hair on the heads. They are more pale yellow and have tiny paint errors. Not enough to have me send it back but annoying. That and getting the sash the right way might take a bit.

Any other hair we can't see in the pics?

Got mine today:

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

needless to say I am slightly disapointed :gah:

Since you'll probably have to destroy it even further to provide proof for Sideshow to get a replacement, here's a perfect opportunity to see how accurate the sculpt is under the fabric...like the Sandbox pics of the Mystique PF :monkey3 :D :monkey3 :D

Since you'll probably have to destroy it even further to provide proof for Sideshow to get a replacement, here's a perfect opportunity to see how accurate the sculpt is under the fabric...like the Sandbox pics of the Mystique PF :monkey3 :D :monkey3 :D

No way.SS wil ask for a return for it. No repair is really needed but simple glue.

You're right. I didn't look that close, only at the first picture. Really clean break. Oh well.

It isn't even technically a "break", it is where those two separate pieces are keyed and slotted then glued together at the factory after dressing the body. It doesn't look like there is any glue residue on either side of the key on the body or the slot in the leg that it fits into. The factory probably missed it during assembly, nothing a little epoxy wouldn't fix.

I would ask about a discount and fix it myself.

I think it is a break, if it wasn't then there wouldn't be white on the leg, it would all be flesh color, the white is where the leg broke apart. While fixable, I am not sure it will keep the original support strength.

I think it is a break, if it wasn't then there wouldn't be white on the leg, it would all be flesh color, the white is where the leg broke apart. While fixable, I am not sure it will keep the original support strength.

Pin her....Insert "steel rods" into her (leg/thigh/hips).. you'll need to drill into the 2 two broken sections (straight through to both sections).

Pin her....Insert "steel rods" into her (leg/thigh/hips).. you'll need to drill into the 2 two broken sections (straight through to both sections).

yeah, thats well beyond what I am capable of. If superglue wont fix it, I'm screwed :monkey2

It isn't even technically a "break", it is where those two separate pieces are keyed and slotted then glued together at the factory after dressing the body. It doesn't look like there is any glue residue on either side of the key on the body or the slot in the leg that it fits into. The factory probably missed it during assembly, nothing a little epoxy wouldn't fix.

I would ask about a discount and fix it myself.

That's what I would do too.

If it is a break, it is the cleanest break I've ever seen.

i agree the Reg HS is sub par, especially compared to the Proto pics, but the EX HS kicks ASS!!!

this is def one of those pieces where EX is a Must!! imo

Back