Premium Format Ms. Marvel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEver really saw the appeal in Bowen. I dislike the scale and was never a fan of any of the poses they did. Also wasn't a fan of most of the paint work either. Dunno, just my opinion.

While not for everybody, I think BD has released a good number of great pieces over the years. I still love displaying them too. When BD was pretty much the major show in town, there wasn't all that much to complain about save for wanting to see this or that piece being produced.

As SS and other companies began giving BD a run for its money, fans were beginning to take sides. Interestingly, at this point, you'd think companies with solid management and long term goals would step up their game and face the competition's challenge head on. IMO, although some great product was still being produced by BD, it seemed like we mostly got to see a series of variants and lackluster museum poses more than anything else. That just doesn't say "bring it on SS" to me.

While we could all speculate (and, we have ad nauseum) why things are the way they are and how things could be different, I still think it's pretty safe to say that if a piece looks good, people will buy it (BD, SS, or otherwise). If not, well, production companies run the risk of eventually becoming irrelevent and they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Last edited:
ok, thanks. that's what I would think,the x-23 had magnetic/ detachable arms, I was wondering if they might be using the magnets more now.

They are using magnets in the newer pieces these days, I don't think I have had a peg piece with switch arms or head be a peg for a while...

While not for everybody, I think BD has released a good number of great pieces over the years. I still love displaying them too. When BD was pretty much the only show in town worth going to, there wasn't all that much to complain about save for wanting to see this or that piece being produced.

As SS and other companies began giving BD a run for its money, it appeared as if appeal for the BD style had waned a bit . Interestingly, at this point, you'd think companies with solid management and long term goals would step up their game and face the competition's challenge head on. Sadly rather, we got to see more variants than ever before and a series of lackluster museum poses. That just doesn't say "bring it on SS" to me.

While we could all speculate (and we have ad nauseum) why things are the way they are, I think it's pretty safe to say that if the piece looks good, people will buy it (BD, SS, or otherwise). If not, well, production companies run the risk of eventually becoming irrelevent.

I agree. My first pieces were BD. I got the Ironman modern and stealth version and were pretty impressed with them. Then AH Mystique and Back in Black spidey came and it totally blew away the BD pieces. It towered above them and the sculpt and paint was exquisite. Of course, this is a small sample, but my wife commented the BD pieces look like toys compared to the other 2. Now Venom came and I had to box the BD pieces.

I think he's a good sculpter, maybe he'll do some 1:4 scale I can get in the future.

From another board, someone wondered if the painted fabric would be a problem.

3000411_press07fab.jpg

that could very well be a very good point... i for one love this piece and truly hope not.

Surely, this isn't the first piece to use paint on cloth?
How is the Cap and Thor doing?

That production piece may have also exchanged a lot of hands...
Like anything else, continous wear will have an effect on anything.

I've had to clean up this thread yet again.

A reminder - personal attacks are not allowed.

Surely, this isn't the first piece to use paint on cloth?
How is the Cap and Thor doing?

That production piece may have also exchanged a lot of hands...
Like anything else, continous wear will have an effect on anything.

I'm sure its printed on the fabric but the paint wasnt elastic enough. acrylic type paint might work better.

I'm sure its printed on the fabric but the paint wasnt elastic enough. acrylic type paint might work better.

aye good call Daik. If the fabric is really elastic though, they are going to have a problem even with that. Only way to really totall overcome that it is have the symbol dyed onto the cloth.

aye good call Daik. If the fabric is really elastic though, they are going to have a problem even with that. Only way to really totall overcome that it is have the symbol dyed onto the cloth.

That might be the best way. Or they could stitch on the symbol. Or instead of stitching a strong fabric glue.

Back