Movie Rental that costs $500.00-$600.00!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jye4ever

Broke and happy
Reaction score
Who's getting one? :lol

High Def Digest:

PRIMA Cinema Brings Hollywood Premieres Home in 4:2:2, 10-bit Quality

$35,000 and an approved home theater nets you a $500 day and date option.

Prima Cinema is now offering first-run theatrical films for private home theaters under a model that is as pricey as it is exclusive. As detailed by a review at Digital Trends, becoming a member of PRIMA Cinema involves having a dealer approve your home theater. Criteria includes having a serious 115" range screen and projector in place to start but also includes a limit of a twenty-five seat maximum.

After the $35,000 investment for the 2TB networked, PRIMA player, each 2D film costs $500 while 3D movies cost $600. That fee grants the user one 24 hour period to watch the film a single time. Movies are downloaded rather than streamed and can be paused, but cannot be fast forwarded or rewound.

The PRIMA player features dual power supplies, dual Ethernet, and dual output HDMI. The system is designed to work under adverse conditions, such as a power supply failure, but the dual HDMI only uses the second HDMI port for audio. Audio is delivered in multi-channel LPCM.

Due to severe levels of concern over security regarding the content, biometric identification supplied from the fingerprint from the living user is required to operate and utilize the player, and any attempt to circumvent the hardware or software will cause the player to lock and require dealer servicing. Attempting to capture the image onscreen will yield a player-specific watermark.

The player is essentially option free once set-up by the dealer. Controls are limited to selecting which movie to play. Once selected, movies download in the background, but will only begin playing once completed.

The system is capable of HFR films in 2D but not 3D. The 3D signal supplied by the player is full 1080p/24 frame 10-bit 4:2:2 stereoscopic so that neither eye lacks for resolution.

As of now, content is limited to films from Universal, Lionsgate, Focus Features, Cinedigm, and Magnolia, but PRIMA is pursuing other major studios.

After entreating readers not to overly balk at the system's exclusively priced and designed business model, the review described the playback experiences over a two week period as without stutter, glitch or hiccup. "Lived with it for almost two weeks... Then wept bitterly when it left."

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/prima-cinema-brings-hollywood-inside-your-home/

I guess if you can afford it it'd be worth it. It would be nice to not have to deal with rude people at the movies.

Sounds really novel for people with a lot of money they have no idea what to do with. I too really dislike crowded theaters full of rude people, but a little patience can go a long way. A lot cheaper, too.

wantforreasons.png

If you invited over 15 to 20 people this actually might be worth it....
If you think about two people with popcorn,drinks,dinner and what not you can easily spend $100 for two people. Use this for a big party and you would actually come out way cheaper....

I have a buddy works security for rich families has clients that would love to have this.

I remember one client offered a theater to pay for every seat so his family could watch the movie by themselves.:lol

I am going to have to mention this to him.

One of the biggest waste of money Ive ever seen. Is this serious? $500 for a movie rental and I cant even rewind if I missed something? Dumb dumb duuuuuuumb.

Edit: DUMB!

I guess if you can afford it it'd be worth it. It would be nice to not have to deal with rude people at the movies.

Sounds really novel for people with a lot of money they have no idea what to do with. I too really dislike crowded theaters full of rude people, but a little patience can go a long way. A lot cheaper, too.

I have a buddy works security for rich families has clients that would love to have this.

I remember one client offered a theater to pay for every seat so his family could watch the movie by themselves.:lol

I am going to have to mention this to him.

You could probably rent a theater screen for cheaper than that!

What Ween said is what I kept thinking when I was reading that article. If you are that rich why not just go to a theater and pay for every seat and just watch the movie or something?
or try to rent a theater? I don't know, renting a theater might cost a lot, but I wonder if it costs more or less than doing all of this.

What Ween said is what I kept thinking when I was reading that article. If you are that rich why not just go to a theater and pay for every seat and just watch the movie or something?
or try to rent a theater? I don't know, renting a theater might cost a lot, but I wonder if it costs more or less than doing all of this.
Well seeing how a theater typically seats a couple hundred people and a ticket is upwards of $10 the theater wuld have to take a huge loss to sell you a entire theater for $500.

Also from the ther side, if you that rich and already have a home theater that cost you more then any of our cars, and some more then a lot of our houses, what's anther $35k to have convince to watch a new release movie in my own home then have to rent an entire theater.

For people who are going to do this $500 is like a couple bucks to us. Would you pay a couple buck to watch a movie that just came out I your home vs the theater?

Well seeing how a theater typically seats a couple hundred people and a ticket is upwards of $10 the theater wuld have to take a huge loss to sell you a entire theater for $500.

Also from the ther side, if you that rich and already have a home theater that cost you more then any of our cars, and some more then a lot of our houses, what's anther $35k to have convince to watch a new release movie in my own home then have to rent an entire theater.

For people who are going to do this $500 is like a couple bucks to us. Would you pay a couple buck to watch a movie that just came out I your home vs the theater?

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I actually agree. We aren't talking about someone making $30,000 a year doing this. We are talking about a filthy ritch person that could wipe their *** with $100 bills if they so desired. If I was that rich I'd do it. :lol

Back