Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture:lecture:lecture
I have a couple trailers myself. I was referring to the entire film that he said he got as well.

This is honestly the first film spool I've ever seen so I couldn't say if it's any bigger than most. The label on it has a part that says "reel 3" on it so maybe it's just a section of the full film. Again not sure how these things work. It's a little bigger than a full vinyl album.

This is honestly the first film spool I've ever seen so I couldn't say if it's any bigger than most. The label on it has a part that says "reel 3" on it so maybe it's just a section of the full film. Again not sure how these things work. It's a little bigger than a full vinyl album.

Yea that should be a section of the film so not the complete film. That is pretty cool though!

I've also been big at collecting movie posters since I worked at a movie theater when I was in high school.

Some of my favorites are (all original):

Batman Begins UK Teaser (with bats in the cave)
TDK UK Teaser (with bats overlooking Gotham from the apt)
TDK "Why So Serious"
Batman Returns "Cocaine" Teaser
Batman Returns International
POTC 1 (Can't remember exactly which one it was, I remember it was a Hard Stock Paper though)
Matrix 2 & 3 Lenticulars

I've also been big at collecting movie posters since I worked at a movie theater when I was in high school.

Some of my favorites are (all original):

Batman Begins UK Teaser (with bats in the cave)
TDK UK Teaser (with bats overlooking Gotham from the apt)
TDK "Why So Serious"
Batman Returns "Cocaine" Teaser
Batman Returns International
POTC 1 (Can't remember exactly which one it was, I remember it was a Hard Stock Paper though)
Matrix 2 & 3 Lenticulars

One of my favorites too.

Actually film spools are all the same size - longer movies just have more reels. But that's a pretty cool get - lots of film clips in that.

Would some of you guys mind sharing a couple of your reputable ebay dealers that you guys deal with. I'm on a couple movie poster forums and there are certain ones like a a dude named bradburied or something along those lines that people think sell fakes, but a newb such as myself wouldn't know much different without much research. If you don't want to post in the open forum I'd be happy with a PM :wave

I'd like to go back and get most of the pixar movies and a couple other odds and ends. I figure ebay would be the cheapest, but more worrisome route. Going though a dealer that I know people have used before would make me feel a bit better when I decide to purchase.

Thanks in advance :1-1:

Actually film spools are all the same size - longer movies just have more reels. But that's a pretty cool get - lots of film clips in that.

I knew that they were broken up, which is why when he said he got a spool of the whole film I was guessing it was huge. Don't they usually come to the theatre in heavy metal cases as well?

Would some of you guys mind sharing a couple of your reputable ebay dealers that you guys deal with. I'm on a couple movie poster forums and there are certain ones like a a dude named bradburied or something along those lines that people think sell fakes, but a newb such as myself wouldn't know much different without much research. If you don't want to post in the open forum I'd be happy with a PM :wave

I'd like to go back and get most of the pixar movies and a couple other odds and ends. I figure ebay would be the cheapest, but more worrisome route. Going though a dealer that I know people have used before would make me feel a bit better when I decide to purchase.

Thanks in advance :1-1:

ddilts399 is pretty good.

I knew that they were broken up, which is why when he said he got a spool of the whole film I was guessing it was huge. Don't they usually come to the theatre in heavy metal cases as well?

Oh, I thought he said one spool?

This guy used to be on ebay, but started his own auction site because ebay pissed him off - he's big enough to do that. Great for good prices on vintage material.https://www.emovieposter.com/

For new stuff - I usually go to Hollywood Book & Poster.

Oh, I thought he said one spool?

This guy used to be on ebay, but started his own auction site because ebay pissed him off - he's big enough to do that. Great for good prices on vintage material.https://www.emovieposter.com/

For new stuff - I usually go to Hollywood Book & Poster.

Hey Dave, have you ever ordered by phone with Hollywood Book and Poster? I've been in the store and bought a few posters, but am moving in two weeks back to the east coast and I want to keep ordering from them.

Hey Dave, have you ever ordered by phone with Hollywood Book and Poster? I've been in the store and bought a few posters, but am moving in two weeks back to the east coast and I want to keep ordering from them.

No, I only go in. Never tried to deal with them by phone.

My haul over the last couple weeks included the group shot Sucker Punch teaser. It's a great image, and I highly recommend it!

I actually have all of the original one sheets for TDK. I have one framed and hanging but the rest are sitting around. I've also got some other random yet interesting one sheets. I would love to sell them as I could currently use the $ and space. Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone other than ebay? Also, if anyone if interested in them for themselves, feel free to PM me.

anyone know much about concert posters, such as silk screen prints? where the best place to get those are? some of the terminology to look for to make sure you're not getting something printed on a machine as opposed to be printed by a person?

When you see it hanging in movie theaters. Thats what I was told by the guys at Hollywood book and poster when I asked on sunday.

Odd that he'd say that - it's wrong. You can usually get the early posters well in advance of when the theater actually puts them out. Maybe he's assuming you'll only buy from him (or he is who he wants you to buy from) and that's about when he gets them to sell.

You can already pick up the Captain America teaser, although fools are driving up the price right now on ebay. In about two - four weeks, you should be able to snag one in the $12 - $15 range, and then they'll start rising again as the actual supply dries up. Same thing happened with the Thor teaser, which I just picked up this week for around $14.

My local comic shop sometimes gets a bunch of mini-posters for pretty much any comic-related movie that comes out. They just give them out - first come, first served. I'm on good terms with the staff, so they usually have one put aside for me.

Sometimes they also receive movie passes, promotional items and full-sized movie posters. The only negative is that sometimes, the MPAA rating box in the corner of the poster has a black sticker placed over it. I don't know if this is because the official rating has yet to be announced, or what. :huh

Back