Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're still doing it the same way, one side is on hinges, so it opens out and back toward the wall. You slide out the two sheets of plexi with the poster in between, put the new poster in between, slide back in, close side. About as easy as it can get.

This looks nice. How easy is it to swap the posters ?

I almost bought one with bulbs around it like the old style ones, but it was beyond my price range. :(

If they're still doing it the same way, one side is on hinges, so it opens out and back toward the wall. You slide out the two sheets of plexi with the poster in between, put the new poster in between, slide back in, close side. About as easy as it can get.

Yes, the last one I bought was about a year ago and that's how it came. Very easy to use. I place my lenticulars in them and they were nice enough to customizing the gap in between the plexiglass pieces to accommodate the extra width of the lenticular. I'm really happy with them.

I missed out on the Dark Knight poster I originally wanted (with the Joker behind the glass writing the Why So Serious that beeshaw showed in his post), and ended up getting the one with the eyes and mouth drawn on the wall. I like that one as well, but I still really want the other...and right now I'm bidding on one on ebay for $45. Seller claims it's original (it is DS), but I'm concerned, as the price seems low. This is one of those occasions where a reprint of even a DS doesn't seem that unlikely - anyone have experience with DS reprints and how to tell them?

Sounds easy. I would like one for sure.

Yes, the last one I bought was about a year ago and that's how it came. Very easy to use. I place my lenticulars in them and they were nice enough to customizing the gap in between the plexiglass pieces to accommodate the extra width of the lenticular. I'm really happy with them.

That is cool. Do you have to get it through ebay?

I came across this interesting Polish poster for "Aliens". Not a fan of it myself, as it seems to be completely unrelated to the movie! Anyone have it?

Aliens_polish2.jpg

I came across this interesting Polish poster for "Aliens". Not a fan of it myself, as it seems to be completely unrelated to the movie! Anyone have it?

Aliens_polish2.jpg

^^ Interesting. I've never seen that before. Looks like something Alamo would release.

I have seen this one before, there is another cool Alien polish poster. The Polish have a lot of movie posters I want. They make some really cool and unique posters.

I missed out on the Dark Knight poster I originally wanted (with the Joker behind the glass writing the Why So Serious that beeshaw showed in his post), and ended up getting the one with the eyes and mouth drawn on the wall. I like that one as well, but I still really want the other...and right now I'm bidding on one on ebay for $45. Seller claims it's original (it is DS), but I'm concerned, as the price seems low. This is one of those occasions where a reprint of even a DS doesn't seem that unlikely - anyone have experience with DS reprints and how to tell them?

https://movieposterauthenticating.com/wordpress/the-dark-knight/the-dark-knight-style-b/

No, they weren't common, as I said. They were far too expensive to produce, so they were only for very special situations. They started showing up more in the late 80's, and by the mid-90's they were the standard.

Anyone have any consistent luck with reducing fold lines? I have a couple I'd like to experiment with, but was wondering if anyone else had some pointers.

Somewhere on this site https://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com/ a few years back there was an article that dealt with reducing fold lines, I don't remember the exact process but it scared me enough not to try it myself. I know if you have some old posters and they are in bad shape getting them linen backed by a good restoration shop will get rid of the fold lines, most of my linen backed have minimal lines or none that the naked eye can see.

Evan

What site(s) do you guys use for movies that just come out? I know of quite a few sites that are legit for older MP's, but for new releases where do you guys go that is US based? I wouldn't mind increasing my collection, but don't know of a good source.

I have a few -
Original SW - folded but in GREAT shape
All three LOTR
Evil Dead X2
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkess
Bubbo Ho-tep

I think i'm leaving out a couple, but that is what I remember off the top of my head.

There are only a few original posters I want to get when I get more space, and they all seem like they would work pretty well with those light boxes, but that would also cost me like $800. Not counting the posters. :monkey1

I buy from several guys on ebay, and normally never pay more than $10 for a new poster, many of them $5. If you see an image you like though, you should jump on it fast, because cool posters always dry up pretty quickly. For example, I really liked the teaser black swan poster with nothing but her face, and you could have grabbed one for $10 on ebay for a few weeks...but not any more. That was one of those cases where I didn't take my own advice.

Highly recommend kinoart.net, they have a good selection and it's authentic. Some of the best posters are foreign editions, the art can be fantastic.

Evan

Have you successfully bought from them before? They look like they have a lot of really cool posters for reasonable prices. Better than eBay for sure.

Oh ok. No to new stuff cause of price ?

Yep, new posters are easily had from quite a few reputable ebay sellers, and a place like movieposters.com is going to hit you hard for everything. I'll give you an example, although probably not a poster you care about - Rango. I love this image:

https://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-52148/Rango.html

but $30? Seriously? It was the teaser and has been somewhat replaced by a newer less interesting image, but still, you should be able to pick one up on ebay from a reputable dealer for $10 - $15 tops. You won't find much of anything for less than $20 at an online store like that, but if you shop early with new releases you should have little trouble coming up with great stuff cheap.

Back