Most Prized Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff12burq

Super Freak
Reaction score
What's your most prized collectible in terms of action figures, 1/6 scale, 1/4 scale, statues, toys, props etc?

PIXAR 086.jpg

Here's mine. It's an interactive desk toy of the Pixar Animation Studios.

Feel free to share pics or just comment.

my 1983 talking KITT toy with Michael figure I have had it since i was 8 years old

6okeol.jpg

2q2fhup.jpg

I've actually got four. Three vintage and one modern

-My 1976 GI Joe, eagle eyed land commander
-My 1977 12" Mego Superman comic version
-My 1965 Marx Toys Sir Stuart, Silver Knight
-My HT CR Superman.

If my house was on fire, I think I'd actually save those over anything else, and if pressed by time, the first and the last would be the one I'd run for...

my 1983 talking KITT toy with Michael figure I have had it since i was 8 years old

6okeol.jpg

2q2fhup.jpg

WOW! I remember having that set and loving it! Great memories.

My most prized piece is the SSC V1 Storm Shadow 1/6, simply because my wife took the time to write to Sideshow for one of their Christmas giveaways a few years back and snagged that piece for me! I certainly have other great pieces in my collection, but that one is closest to my heart.

I've been collecting pieces since a child in the late 70s/ early 80s. This is not such an early piece, but definitely will never be sold

image.jpg

Good choice! I still have mine as well, even though it's not in as good condition as yours appears to be (and as a kid I also painted over the Knight 2000 on the doors to try to make it look more accurate). :D

I guess for me it would be my 1/350 TOS Enterprise model, even though I, um, still haven't put the thing together yet.

I have two Indiana jones was my first hot toys which sparked my interest in this hobby and I was blown away when I opened it and from then on I was hooked. The second is my first ever kit bash of the dude which used rainman head sculpt and shoes the White Russian I had custom made this took several months to complete I spent a lot of time and money making this guy and it was a crazy fun journey getting everything down to the paint, decals for the stand, the rug, commissioned clothing, etc... I don't anticipate selling anything really in my collection but no matter what these two will never leave my collection. I still look at that Indiana jones and get the warm and fuzzies it's my favorite figure I have
2mgmh6d.jpg
14cz2pk.jpg
1znr5w4.jpg

Here's my humble collection as of right now saving room for some PO'd statues coming in for the case on the right
axjwiv.jpg

It is very difficult or me to narrow my most prized collectible to just one particular item. I actually have a lot of awesome and rare stuff, especially vinyl figures. I decided to post 4 of my favorites, although there are a lot of others that I could easily choose from to put here.

First is my King Gorilla-Ju. The only way to get one of these and not pay $1,000 or more is to win a lottery drawing to get a chance to buy one. There are several different colorways of this guy, but the one I actually won a change to buy is by far my favorite out of all of them. This is and was my favorite vinyl figure of all time and I tried to get one for a long time before finally getting the opportunity to buy it. This is my number 1 item that I own probably. As far as vinyl figures go, this guy is pretty big at 12 inches or taller.

kinggorillajuforum06_zpsv6st9bzw.JPG

Another item I absolutely love is my Rotten Rexx that I had painted by my friend Joe Whiteford. He did an amazing job bringing out the details on a vinyl toy that started out as being blank. This guy is also big for a vinyl figure. He is around 12 inches or taller.

rottenrexx01_zps558384ce.JPG

rottenrexx03_zpsbbfbeed5.JPG

As for 1/6 scale, I always wanted this Space Adam figure and I finally was able to get one a couple years ago. This might be my favorite 1/6 scale figure in my collection.

apeadam11_zps512aff33.JPG

Finally, I'm very pleased to have gotten the 1/6 scale Kaneda and Bike from the movie Akira. The bike is so awesome and the lights look great when turned on. It won't fit in my detolfs, but I do have it on top of the detolfs. This old picture is kind of bad quality, but I haven't taken pictures of it since I got a photo cube.

kanedasbike11_zps0107ba4b.JPG

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that we've gotten this far into the thread and no one has mentioned their f'n car, spouse or children.

I hate it when people do that...:nana:

:duff

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that we've gotten this far into the thread and no one has mentioned their f'n car, spouse or children.

I hate it when people do that...:nana:

:duff

It would be kind of silly to list spouse, children, or pets since they aren't really collectibles. Collecting living things like that, especially people, sounds like the making of a serial killer or serial kidnapper. LOL

Back