Moria Orc PF - major issue = more cancellation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinMay

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello Sideshow,

Please fix the red color. It's going to cost the company more money for ALL customers to ship it back to you. Please do whatever you need to do to fix the obvious issue. Delay it for another 1 year if you have to because I can't display him with such a mistake.

It's too bad a statue from Pablo Viggiano is destroyed by an obvious flaw.

Below is just an example:

Picture20172.jpg

Here's the original from Sideshow below:

IMG_1425.jpg

ouch .. how the hel could this even happen?
I could understand (well not really) a paint color being off, but Id think theyd supply a specific material to the factory in that instance with no worries of a mistake ...

I was actually really bummed I had to cancel mine .. now, not so much ...

Hello Sideshow,

Please fix the red color. It's going to cost the company more money for ALL customers to ship it back to you. Please do whatever you need to do to fix the obvious issue. Delay it for another 1 year if you have to because I can't display him with such a mistake.

Picture20172.jpg

Here's the original from Sideshow below:

IMG_1425.jpg

Someone should just "replace" their Moria Orc with the Prototype at Sideshow :D
Great Statue but now I'm glad I didn't order

I hope a SS representative will answer this question. They totally fooled people with out even notifying them. It's awful, a total scam!!

it is pretty bad, but if you look at the film closely some of the orcs do have red err... t-shirts :huh on.

I wouldn't go that far, a bit too bold there...because you're basically saying Pablo's work is worthless. But yeah, it would be appreciated if SS answered this when they get back. They can't blame QC on this problem.

^^^ I definitely wouldn't go that far the Statues perfect its just the Fabric that needs to be toned and dirtied down

Hello Sideshow,

Picture20172.jpg

Please take a picture of it without using the flash.

To give an idea of the cancellations. I put in a Waitlist order for the exclusive last week and it converted to an order the other day.

I just cancelled mine today since I received the "Processing Alert Notice" email today. I was hoping to hear something from Sideshow before it ships out, but I'll just save Sideshow the shipping costs instead of receiving it and decide later.

If Sideshow fixes the issue, then I'll order it again.

But he's so christmassy in Green and red, the perfect holiday piece. Now that i've seen these I don't feel so bad about not having the money for this when it came out. I think overall the colour is right, but the weathering is completely gone and that has left it looking to new. I'd like to see a repaint on the fabric, is anyone working on one?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have to get this shipped out as I did Flex-Pay and don't want to lose out on $60.

Then again, I'll decide ultimately when I have this in hand to return it.

Chris, did you call to cancel? they won't take online cancels at this point.

DO YOU NEED TO CANCEL THIS ORDER OR UPDATE ITS INFORMATION?
At this time, our Processing Department will not receive any online changes
made to this order before we charge and ship this item. If you have last
minute changes or if you would like to cancel this order, YOU MUST CONTACT
CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTLY IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS by phone at (800) 474-3746
(US) or (805) 214-2134 (outside of US) or by e-mail at
[email protected] with the subject header of 'Cancel
my Order!' To avoid errors, please make sure to include the item name or
order number that you want us to cancel.

Yes, I contacted them via phone to cancel it. It took about 1 minute to cancel it. After 10 minutes, I received an email from the rep that I had cancelled it. Also, I cancelled it through online just to make sure the record has been updated after my phone cancellation.

Chris, did you call to cancel? they won't take online cancels at this point.

DO YOU NEED TO CANCEL THIS ORDER OR UPDATE ITS INFORMATION?
At this time, our Processing Department will not receive any online changes
made to this order before we charge and ship this item. If you have last
minute changes or if you would like to cancel this order, YOU MUST CONTACT
CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTLY IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS by phone at (800) 474-3746
(US) or (805) 214-2134 (outside of US) or by e-mail at
[email protected] with the subject header of 'Cancel
my Order!' To avoid errors, please make sure to include the item name or
order number that you want us to cancel.

I canceled it.

And to think that this would've been the definitive LOTR Orc statue hadn't they changed the under gaurment from dark brown to bright red.You look at the prototype with it's accurate under gaurment color and it looks absolutely stunning,now the red just really kills this piece.

This had to be one of those marketing strategies where when the same or the next company to make a similar statue will be able to make it with slightly more accurate colors.No company as big as SS makes these kinds of mistakes.

Where is the responses by sideshow... i got discouraged collecting non high end stuff so i just started collecting sideshow cause i thought they where the best lets see them stand behind there products please!

Back