More Hot toys AVP!!!! Chopper too!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is good news! Expensive news, but good news! Chopper is in AVP, he is one of the three Predators that initially attack the snow village as the expedition team reaches the pyramid. I only got AVP last week on DVD after the toys, and was wondering if they might make the dude with the skulls on sticks on his back!

EVILFACE said:
Passed on the Predators (unless HT makes a Dutch) but I for sure will get a Alien.

If you all remember, we saw early pictures of the ELDER PREDATOR along with a 1/6th RIPLEY... so since its been announced, I hope Ripley isn't far behind. Drake too.

The Elder's head looks pretty cool -- tiny spikes and all. It might make a good swap out for SCAR's head -- with a repaint to make him look like the original Predator.

I'd imagine that they will release them if the relationship continues. It looks like the Predators are different masks again with the rest being much the same. Although I like the skulls and the cape.

Now where's Ripley?

The alien is a surprise but a welcome one to be sure!

Can't wait to see these guys in person. I'm glad the Eldar has a functional helmet instead of one glued to his shoulder (for some reason).

Oh man, that alien is sweet!
I can only hope we'll eventually also get an Aliens alien and one from the first movie, you just can't beat the classic Giger design!
I'm not sure I'll get the Elder Pred, but I'm thinking I might get Chopper.
God, these are beautiful!

This is awesome news! But I seriously doubt I can buy all of them and the Sideshow figures I want.
I really wish Hot Toys would ease up on their release schedule, it's like they're coming out with at least 3 $100 figures a month (modern military included).
I think the Elder Predator might have some slightly different arms and armor, but it's mostly the same.

I'll predict that the Alien Warrior will go FAST! Who wouldn't want more then one of them?

A translation of the product page says the Alien will be released sometime around September 2006 and it'll be approximately 43 centimeters tall or about 17 inches.
And both the Chopper Predator and Elder Predators will be released sometime around August this year.

This is cool for the dudes who like Avs.P but I am holding out for an original Predator from the first movie. :monkey5

I cant put my finger on it, but something looks really really wrong with the scale of these AvP figures. And it really puts me off. Btw, that also counts for the first 2 of the series. Dont like em at all. All because of that strange out of scale look.

B-Electronic said:
I cant put my finger on it, but something looks really really wrong with the scale of these AvP figures. And it really puts me off. Btw, that also counts for the first 2 of the series. Dont like em at all. All because of that strange out of scale look.

In hand, the SCAR Predator is amazing. I say this having just received mine about 2 weeks ago. I also had reservations originally about the scale...until a friend I trust (Hurricane) told me that it had become his favorite figure. After that, and checking a lot of photos, I decided to buy one. Now I'm really happy I did.

I'm not a big fan of AVP -- I'm all about the originals -- but until someone gets around to doing that original Predator, this Scar is easily one of the best figures I own...definitely the best monster/alien. And I really think the demand for this guy will only increase.

DekeStarkiller said:
This is cool for the dudes who like Avs.P but I am holding out for an original Predator from the first movie. :monkey5

I'm not sure anyone "likes" AvP. I certaintanly didn't. But I like the "idea" of AvP and I love its art design and that's good enough for me.

Actually the scale for a 1/6 figure is pretty darn good. And whether the movie was any good, I think we all agree the concept and the design of the creature was excellent. That's what you're buying with these figures. I don't know that I need 4 that are all essentially the same however.

Back