More Hot toys AVP!!!! Chopper too!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to get at least two Aliens, hopefully three... I just wish we knew more exact shipping times, sometimes a month's notice isn't enough.

since the other thread is locked, can someone offer suggestions on how to get the head on the Scar Predator? I'm gonna have to use tweezers and maybe a dot of glue to get the helmet wires to stay on the backpack, but I'm scared to death to press too hard to get the head on.

Also, Sideshow should contact HT and tell them to elaborate a little better on the instructions. Some of the steps are unclear, and I spent a bit of time trying to get the armor on correctly.

Anyway - if someone has the answer for the head - thanks in advance.

ZombieReign said:
Anyway - if someone has the answer for the head - thanks in advance.

Between getting the arms in and the head on these guys caused me much gnashing of teeth. A handy tip passed onto me was to try vaseline (insert smutty quip here) - seemed to help round the neckpost when I assembled my Celtic Pred.

Haven't bothered inserting the wires into the backpack - just slide them down and round behind his back armour.

Nick

MiskatonicNick said:
Between getting the arms in and the head on these guys caused me much gnashing of teeth. A handy tip passed onto me was to try vaseline (insert smutty quip here) - seemed to help round the neckpost when I assembled my Celtic Pred.

Haven't bothered inserting the wires into the backpack - just slide them down and round behind his back armour.

Nick

I'll try that for the head.. Sadly, when I was trying to put the one wire into the backpack, the small plastic tip broke off .. grrrrr

I used a hairblower to heat up the head and neck post before I put Scar's head on. It slipped on just fine with a little twisting.

Ta-da...

PredatorforpostCU.jpg

This SCAR is just so awesome. I can see why people are raving about these things. There's just so much detail. He's definitely my new favorite figure.

SCARwhiteBGICON.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
This SCAR is just so awesome. I can see why people are raving about these things. There's just so much detail. He's definitely my new favorite figure.

SCARwhiteBGICON.jpg

That is just nuts, man, Incredible!

I wonder why they're not putting the same kind of effort into the alien. As it is, it seems to be (incredibly) less articualted than McFarlane's version.

I'm glad the Alien doesn't have those cut joints mid thigh and bicep like the McF Alien. That's what bugs me most about action figures and why I prefer clothed figs - the cuts that make parts of the body not line up, so there's only one pose where it looks okay.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm glad the Alien doesn't have those cut joints mid thigh and bicep like the McF Alien. That's what bugs me most about action figures and why I prefer clothed figs - the cuts that make parts of the body not line up, so there's only one pose where it looks okay.

Agreed, the cuts are not ideal, but McF aggravated the problem by placing them smack down in the middle of the biceps and thigh! Any modern action figure has the cut joints placed either closer to the knee or the hip, which would have worked wonderfully on their alien sculpt... ahhh, I sometimes despair at the decisions toy companies/designers make.

abake said:
Agreed, the cuts are not ideal, but McF aggravated the problem by placing them smack down in the middle of the biceps and thigh! Any modern action figure has the cut joints placed either closer to the knee or the hip, which would have worked wonderfully on their alien sculpt... ahhh, I sometimes despair at the decisions toy companies/designers make.

To make it worse, it seems that the McFarlanes sometimes have a "sweet spot" where you can turn the arm so that the lines on the arm look fine, but it's at an angle that is so unnatural that I'd never pose it that way, if you know what I mean.

Available end of July? As in now?
Hmmm...
BIN 138?
That does seem a tad expensive.
Seeing as the picutres are pretty conclusive about the limited articulation, I'm not really sure why this figure should be so expensive. I'll wait to see if Fireside (or even SST) get them at a more reasonable price.
I'm a bit pissed off with HT for not giving the alien its due in articulation. I mean, the midsection of the torso is pretty ideal for articulation and giving the shoulders more/better articulation wouldn't have been that hard or disruptive of the sculpt...

I will most likely be getting the Alien to go with my Scar and I like the Elder he seems to be different enough to get....

Last edited:
Release date is Sept,

Toy Square is taking pre-orders here for $119

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=19967&cat=112&page=1

but I would wait until SSC announces prices next week and then see what Fireside and Alter Ego sell them for before committing...

I will probably pass on this AVP Warrior Alien , still waiting for HT or someone else to do an "Alien/Aliens" Film accurate fig

Back