More FurYu Aliens

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got my Predalien in today for my Birthday.

First off, let me just say, those of you that pre-ordered this...prepare to be REALLY disappointed.

While it's not a bad figure, the paint work (compared to the other 2 previously released figs) is sub-par. WAY too green, with a really bad brown wash over that.
The sculpt is nice though.

The big disappointment comes from the fact that this is nowhere near being in scale with the AvP Scar and Alien fig that FuRyu already released.

In fact, it's more in scale with NECA's figures.
If I hadn't gotten this for a really great price, I'd be pretty upset. Especially considering what I've heard others have paid for it.

Here's the pics for comparison...

100_5296.jpg

100_5297.jpg

100_5298.jpg

100_5299.jpg

100_5300.jpg

100_5302.jpg

100_5303.jpg

Congratulations!
Happy Birthday! :D

I think it looks OK.
The paint app around the jaws does look better than the Hot Toys version.
However, the rest of the figure looks a bit cheap. I think it's due to all that black.

WOW.

I'd have really preferred that to be larger. The paint doesn't bother me so much, but I really would have liked it to be bigger. How's the stability on it?

Happy Birthday Sabres !!,
mine's on the way, still can't wait, even with the smaller size news.
guess i can display it seperate from the avp ones, maybe they will make a wolf to scale with it.

WOW.

I'd have really preferred that to be larger. The paint doesn't bother me so much, but I really would have liked it to be bigger. How's the stability on it?

Yeah, it's pretty small.

The stability is great. Especially considering that ginormous tail!

It can stand on it's own, if balanced properly.
But, it does come with a clear plastic "tail support" stand...just in case.

If they end up making a Wolf, and I totally think they will, that is to scale, that'll make me very happy. I still think it surpasses Neca's PA, just because there are no visible joints.

On HLJ's site, it looks like the tail isn't attached, does it just pop onto a joint in the back, or plug in to something?

That design is so crap almost nothing can save it...
Having said that, I do think NECA's sculpt looks nicer.

Happy b-day man, sorry to hear this was a disappointment!

If they end up making a Wolf, and I totally think they will, that is to scale, that'll make me very happy. I still think it surpasses Neca's PA, just because there are no visible joints.

On HLJ's site, it looks like the tail isn't attached, does it just pop onto a joint in the back, or plug in to something?

Since they're making the AvP:R Alien, as well as this Predalien, I'd bet they'll make the Wolf as well.

I was just really assuming that these would be in scale with the previously released AvP figs.

The tail comes in 2 parts. You just plug those together and then pop it onto the back of the figure.

You have to attach the 4 back pipes as well.

That design is so crap almost nothing can save it...
Having said that, I do think NECA's sculpt looks nicer.

Happy b-day man, sorry to hear this was a disappointment!

The sculpt is actually really well done. It's the paint that suffers.

And I'm not disappointed. I got this for a steal. It's the other people that paid top dollar for it I'm thinking of.

I like it a lot still, but not what I was expecting from Furyu. Not at all, expecting something a bit bigger, and the paint isn't too great, but still looks killer.

Checked my shipping...

It arrived in San Francisco today! Wooo! Even with the scale issue, I'm still VERY pumped to be getting something Alien/Predator in the mail again, it's been too long!

Now I just need to get off my ass again and find a damn Argonauts P2, lmao.

After Machiko got here, I haven't had anything new come in that was Alien or Predator, so I started focusing on building up a smaller collection of something else while I waited for this Predalien. I ended up totally skipping the Lost Predator after spending some cash on the other collection, and then I just spent too much money on X-Mas gifts.

But I'll be taking lots of pics, and finally an update video too. I got started on one, and just never finished it, this will be a good bit of motivation to do it. Feels like Christmas is comin' early, YAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Got mine today! Aside from a couple of spots that are a wee too green, I'm VERY happy. I was worried about the size/scale, but she's still pretty damn big. The sculpt is really impressive too. Can't wait to see a Wolf come out of FuRyu, for a company making vending/crane machine stuff, they're on one hell of a ball.

21ctwdc.jpg

24kxg68.jpg

2ywivmf.jpg

And I'm a much bigger fan of the box this time around:

242iq9i.jpg

Pics of the FuRyu AvP:R Alien Warrior are FINALLY starting to show up.

Looks pretty cool.

furyualien6.jpg

furyualien5.jpg

furyualien7.jpg

Back