MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have their Gordon Freeman and it wasn't particularly tall. Pretty standard height so this should not be tall

Nice. Do you have a comparison picture standing next to a hot toys figure? The one I’ve seen seemed taller than a HT Batman.
This just looks clunky, imo, but maybe better in person?

Attachments

• EF32713A-E3C3-466B-A695-28872AAE2E96.png
    EF32713A-E3C3-466B-A695-28872AAE2E96.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice. Do you have a comparison picture standing next to a hot toys figure? The one I’ve seen seemed taller than a HT Batman.
This just looks clunky, imo, but maybe better in person?
Cant get the cabinet open at the moment as a bed is blocking the door so this was best shots I could get with stuff in the way but here is gordon on a stand. With stand he is shorter slightly than ThreeA Crysis nanosuit wothout a stand and shorter than HT Arkam Knight with stand (Arkham Knights stand is a little taller though)

20231123_073837.jpg

20231123_073614.jpg

The mondo body looks to be 1/2"-1" taller than a HT with longer legs and more limited elbow articulation. I'll swap out the base body first thing.
You guys are on fire with the thing puns everywhere. The first thing - preferable, the second Thing - nah.

For anyone who was interested in picking up the DId Captain Rafe leather jacket, as a replacement for the Mondo one - I can verify & recommend it - it’s a great jacket. Far more accurate to MacReady. Real leather & thankfully the name tag comes unattached. Just need to fur line the collar. 👍

Attachments

• CF89160E-B7D0-4961-918D-5A3A1EE3FFF2.jpeg
    CF89160E-B7D0-4961-918D-5A3A1EE3FFF2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
For anyone who was interested in picking up the DId Captain Rafe leather jacket, as a replacement for the Mondo one - I can verify & recommend it - it’s a great jacket. Far more accurate to MacReady. Real leather & thankfully the name tag comes unattached. Just need to fur line the collar. 👍

Yes, it is good quality.

I took some test photos before I assembled my pilots.

The only problem is that the underside of the collar is the suede like backing:

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

The name tag being DIY is good for MacReady.

483184-IMG-1336-Rafe.jpg

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...-s-army-air-forces-pilot-captain-rafe.249317/

Just viewed the unboxing video from DID Captain Rafe figure, DID certainly deliver the quality and detail. The Thing is that A2 leather jacket with zip fly is looking real good for you know who.

Thank you my friend, just seen the unboxing video. I shall be watching to see what fur material others use for the collar.

Yes, it is good quality.

I took some test photos before I assembled my pilots.

The only problem is that the underside of the collar is the suede like backing:

View attachment 675475

View attachment 675474

The name tag being DIY is good for MacReady.

483184-IMG-1336-Rafe.jpg

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...-s-army-air-forces-pilot-captain-rafe.249317/
Probably the best alternative, however no side pocket openings or rear pleats for those that require accuracy. Sometimes the desire for accuracy is a pain.

So, does that DID jacket come without the nametag pre-applied?

HT3816-2.jpg
HT4721-2.jpg

So here's a thought I had. Hot Toys has, over the years, made a decent number of figures with interchangeable "face plates/mouth plates"

Obviously no one wants to raid their best sets, but the loose parts market supports these mouth plates too. So you see where I am going with this? Along with a MacReady, it wouldn't hurt to have some transforming victims too. Take a not so valuable headsculpt, maybe one of those "screaming" DID WW2 ones, then slap one of these plates into his cheek area, and now you've got kind of a quasi infected victim kind of custom potential for probably not too much money.

s-l225.jpg

Here is DID Kurt Dorr ( picture courtesy of OSW's Jeffajab, a great hobbyist and Ebay seller) One of the older and first wave of DID screaming headsculpts. Jam one of those HT faceplates on him, add some blood, weather it, add some gore and you got a stew going!

The DiD A2 jacket is, indeed, lovely in-hand. I might pick up more, to be honest.

The only downside is that the underside of the collar isn't faced with leather, which will show as MacReady wears it partly popped up.

My initial intention was to harvest the fur from Mondo's, and use a couple of the spare nail art studs that came with other figures for his pocket buttons.

Instead of getting another jacket I might wait and see if Mondo's is improved. If it isn't I can use the one from the second pilot, and put him in the spare flight suit, which I was tempted to do anyway.

Back