Mondo Eye of Sauron poster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderlai

Super Freak
Reaction score
How much was this when it was sold on the Mondo website? Im looking at buying one on evilbay so Im trying to get an idea of how much resellers are marking them up.

Mondo_LOTR_Sauron.jpg

wow.. well, that was a pretty lame post..

Maybe he wants to know so that he has something to compare to, as far as what to spend.

Bespin Luke is retailing at 299. On ebay, you can find him from 270, all the way to 2000. Why? because some jerk thinks it is cool to try and hustle those who are ignorant of the asking price. With that figure however, it is not an issue. Supply is available, and there are plenty of them to go around at lower prices.

With this print, however, there are only 360. Therefore, depending on who is selling, you may only see one or two on ebay, and may only have those prices to go by.

Is this starting to make sense, ashkanls?

So a helpful post would be:

It probably retailed from 40-65 bucks. I looked for you, but was unable to find the price exactly. I saw it on colliders limited paper section, so if you go to the posts in and around/after NYCC, you will probably find more details if they posted them.

The one on ebay right now:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110970282675
is currently at 41 bucks.
It wont sell for that.
They probably have a reserve, and it will probably end high, based on how many individual people are bidding right now. Only you will know how patient you want to be. Some people may love this and never let go of it, especially with a lower ES like that. So if you want it, and want it now, you'll probably end up around 100 or so for it, at least. Or you could play the waiting game.

I love the print, but due to funds, will have to try and pick one up later down the road. Best of luck to you on picking this up. It's a beautiful print. Such a shame Mondo's get picked off by scalpers so early. :/

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful posts guys. Never bought a Mondo print but I've read a lot about people going crazy over them. This one caught my eye after some one posted a pic of it on here or StatueForums site. I have a counter offer of $65 plus $10 shipping from a high rep seller now. I just didn't didn't know what the initial release price was.

Don't get caught in the Mondo hype. The vast majority of their posters are turds, they still live off the infamy of the Olly Moss set and to some extent the success of Tyler Stout. Go to their website and check out the archive for their past offerings. The poster above is correct that LOTR doesn't seem to be doing so well. I think its more of a niche product than we all know (because its literary and not fully a product of pop culture???).

Also note that Mondo charges 14 dollars to ship a poster. So the real cost is about 60-65. And people wait around all morning hitting F5 on their computers for a 30 dollar potential profit.

The recent universal monsters prints are great, but mondo has been hit or miss the last year or two

It really makes you wonder, some of their offerings. But then they sell everything out immediately so for them they just need to make something and its like printing money. Regardless of the print quality, why anyone would want a Melancholia print on their wall is beyond me ;) Wall space is precious in every home. I think lots of people buy these and store them flat and occasionally take them out for a look. The place to go for all poster news is expressobeans.com. You can search for a specific poster, it tracks values, etc. A great resource.

How much was this when it was sold on the Mondo website? Im looking at buying one on evilbay so Im trying to get an idea of how much resellers are marking them up.

Mondo_LOTR_Sauron.jpg

I gotta admit it...It's nice

I passed on this at nycc and went for the Shaun of the Dead ones instead. The only Mondo poster that I would even consider purchasing second hand is the Avengers Black Widow.

I like the Horkey, that has done pretty well on eBay. Stout is not for me at all and the style seems beat to death already. Ditto minimalism.

I like the Horkey, that has done pretty well on eBay. Stout is not for me at all and the style seems beat to death already. Ditto minimalism.

i like the iron giant the black and yellow one. Don't know who produced it but i like it enough to buy it :)

Back