Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the He-Man sculpt remind anyone else of Donald Trump? I think that's what Trump sees when he looks in the mirror every morning...

I do love these but I will say that the anatomy is no where near as realistic as I would like. I think we are bowled over by the fact that we are getting 1:6 MOTU but I am puzzled by the anatomy direction here. I look the bodies on the PCS Street Fighter 1:6 from SDCC and I much prefer the anatomy there as it's just more realistic.

If you are going to go so far as to have these mad crazy details and realistic armor, why then have stylized anatomy? Little odd that I think.

Totally agree with what you are saying but the original MOTU had weirdly deformed bodies as well with super limited articulation so I think they were trying to find a happy medium between the original releases and an updated 1/6th version. The classic alternate head for He-Man lends me to think that. Skeletor looks so badass and has the same hand position there and everything as the original.

It would be funny if you swiveled them at the waist and they "power punched" like the originals. Also would be funny if the nostalgia heads were soft plastic and squished in like the original MOTU as well.

When I first saw them at SDCC I was quite excited but on further viewing not sure I will commit to yet another line, my collection has grown ridiculous as it is but that Skeletor will be hard to pass up if it looks that good at final production and doesn't cost a fortune.

Got She-Ra ready to go with them
IMG_5966.jpg

No it's velcro in the back, hardest part was finding feet that worked, used ones from a Playtoy body and removed the pegs leaving a hole.

I have not bought or followed any previous mondo figures...anyone that has, is there an average production time or process? Do they iron out most issues before putting it up for Po and have a quick turn around on release, or is it a longer gap between PO and release?

Has there been any rumor or news since the new painted protos with the two heads?

They seem to be either throwing this to the sharks or really dragging their heels with this line. I was sure we would of gotten packaging teases or at least hints of what accessories are coming in the final product. Or even a price and shipping costs.

That's The Manchine Puppy from the Christmas special. He appears to be the only living thing ever that Skeletor cared about. Tis a very very odd thing to include with such realistic figures. But fun none the less. :)

That's The Manchine Puppy from the Christmas special. He appears to be the only living thing ever that Skeletor cared about. Tis a very very odd thing to include with such realistic figures. But fun none the less. :)

True. Just read the comments over on the dude's instagram and it seems like he hints at at least Skeletor being available, or at least maybe available for pre ordering at the least, by Christmas this year. Hence the figure being hinted at here.

Anyone interested in a 1/6 motuc filmation mashup sword? I'm printing one and will mold and cast it and offer it if anyone's interested
image.jpg

Got the first one printed but I'm going to print another one or two to figure out which way it prints best.

Back