Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am back and forth. At first it was a no brainer and I was all in. But the more I think about it, $500 and having to rearrange the collection to fit it isn't sitting well with me. Plus the fact that I need to order the non EX He Man as well. I don't know.

I am back and forth. At first it was a no brainer and I was all in. But the more I think about it, $500 and having to rearrange the collection to fit it isn't sitting well with me. Plus the fact that I need to order the non EX He Man as well. I don't know.
What is the non EX he-Man? Does the Battle Cat only work with a specific He-Man figure?

The exclusive He Man was the timed edition they put up in the summer. He Man with battle armor and thunder punch accessories. The one they are putting up on the 25th with Battle Cat will be the same one minus the thunder punch accessories according to reports. Any He Man will sit on Battle Cat.

Thanks Mike(y)
I am still struggling on whether to get this. It looks great and price includes shipping I believe, but still. That being said this seems more like a deluxe version with the extra heads and the smaller cringer figure. I wonder if they could've offered a more barebones version at a lower price or maybe they will offer that down the road?

Thanks Mike(y)
I am still struggling on whether to get this. It looks great and price includes shipping I believe, but still. That being said this seems more like a deluxe version with the extra heads and the smaller cringer figure. I wonder if they could've offered a more barebones version at a lower price or maybe they will offer that down the road?
Although the price is a tough sell, I think allowing a payment plan option will soften the blow a bit. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is the first MOTU release that Mondo has offered that option? I can’t speak on the other lines as I haven’t followed them as closely as He-Man.

I like the Masterverse stuff quite a lot and I’m very tempted to buy them and display in the boxes but I’m not so into the smaller figures.

It’s a real shame. I was excited for Mondo’s figures. I just wish one company could actually produce great figures which look like they’re supposed to (Battle Cat does look good but half a grand?! No way.) Can’t ONE company make a filmation accurate He Man.

There’s been one or two quite good She Ras which got close but still pretty poor (the best was a figure by Super7 which tried to look like the cartoon but had eyes so far apart she might as well have been a hammerhead shark!) The Mondo She Ra looks like Manga-Ra.

I like the Masterverse stuff quite a lot and I’m very tempted to buy them and display in the boxes but I’m not so into the smaller figures.

It’s a real shame. I was excited for Mondo’s figures. I just wish one company could actually produce great figures which look like they’re supposed to (Battle Cat does look good but half a grand?! No way.) Can’t ONE company make a filmation accurate He Man.

There’s been one or two quite good She Ras which got close but still pretty poor (the best was a figure by Super7 which tried to look like the cartoon but had eyes so far apart she might as well have been a hammerhead shark!) The Mondo She Ra looks like Manga-Ra.

That's pretty much it, right there. Mondo looks exactly how I wanted it to look, but the quality, man.
It's just sad.

Already set sights on Masterverse Battle Cat, cause I got the 40th He-Man, which is awesome, the SDCC Scareglow and Faker. Probably combine with the 2nd Revelation Teela. That way they're all updated, but not too far away, with the 40th He-Man being real classy and the quality is great.

Ugh. He looks fantastic. Plus I'm a sucker for Battle Cats anyway. Why did they do such a great job with Battle Cat and Cringer and yet Shera looked nothing like herself? Sigh.

Some new images gone up on Mondo's FB page
Timed edition will run for a week
312321120_10159164311142239_125543919030681945_n.jpg
308951841_10159164311827239_1358141369743029567_n.jpg
312185719_10159164311447239_498578936502472816_n.jpg

You can bet there will be scuffs and scrapes on the stripes -- hell, I can already see a few in the promo shots -- which is unacceptable when charging Hot Toys prices.

So, for the asking price of $500 it comes with He-Man, right? Right?? :monkey3

Looks sweet, but no thanks. Like $750 to have Battle Cat and He-Man. :slap

I have my original childhood He-Man & Battle Cat from the 80's, the MOTU Classics Matty collector set, the new Mattel origins set, and the new 40th anniv He-Man w/the Revelations Battle Cat. And I got all them (minus the originals of course) at dirt cheap sales prices. I'm good...:yess:

Wow he looks so epic. I sure wish he was less but couldn't possibly NOT get him.

I'm sure the price will keep many away- so hopefully he won't sell out fast.

They said that it will be a timed preorder with a 1 week ordering window. I am curious based on the high price how many Battlecats Mondo is expecting to sell? If the price is a reflection of the cost to produce why did they not go the "crowd funding" route with a minimum number of orders required similar to Haslab and Mattel Creations? My only guess is that they are basing this sale on the previous units sold for the recent He-man and She-Ra pre-orders and they figure a week window will get them enough orders to ensure they make a good profit.

Last edited:
So, for the asking price of $500 it comes with He-Man, right? Right?? :monkey3

Looks sweet, but no thanks. Like $750 to have Battle Cat and He-Man. :slap

I have my original childhood He-Man & Battle Cat from the 80's, the MOTU Classics Matty collector set, the new Mattel origins set, and the new 40th anniv He-Man w/the Revelations Battle Cat. And I got all them (minus the originals of course) at dirt cheap sales prices. I'm good...:yess:
How's the 40th anniversary He-Man look on the Revelations Battle Cat? I've been hoping for a 40th anniversary Battle Cat, but it doesn't seem like we'll get one.

How's the 40th anniversary He-Man look on the Revelations Battle Cat? I've been hoping for a 40th anniversary Battle Cat, but it doesn't seem like we'll get one.
He looks OK, His legs have to really spread apart, and he looks a little odd. but I guess it works for now.

Here's a crappy quick phone picture

20221021_125120.jpg

Back