Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 1.00.17 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 1.00.17 PM.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
About what I expected but the awesomeness of He Man riding atop of this big sumbitch is too great to pass on.

And I am so glad they are giving us another crack at a non EX He Man since I was in the middle of the ocean without wifi when it went on sale.

This release seems to be flying under the radar. I hope the price point isn’t scaring away too many people. I would like Battle Cat to sell enough to not give pause to Mondo (Funko?) to release Panthor next year. I’m really, really looking forward to having some nice battles of He-man on Battle Cat vs. Skeletor on Panthor…

How does Mondo justify this price? Does it have to do with limited production runs (compared to hot toys, sideshow, etc.) and no parts reuse? Also not sure why they have been offering the recent MOTU figures as timed releases only.

Need everyone to buy Battlecat. I'm still hoping for a Fisto, keep this line going!!
I'm buying it - even though I think it should be $100 cheaper. He-Man without the cat would just be criminal. Based on this though, I'll probably bow out of Panthor.

I'm into the line, just disappointed at the rising prices and the slowness of releases, although the preorders seem to be incoming faster.

I'm buying it - even though I think it should be $100 cheaper. He-Man without the cat would just be criminal. Based on this though, I'll probably bow out of Panthor.

I'm into the line, just disappointed at the rising prices and the slowness of releases, although the preorders seem to be incoming faster.
Don't feel bad with the slowness of releases for Masters of the Universe, it seems like Mondo has been much slower to release products from their Batman: The Animated Series line :(

This release seems to be flying under the radar. I hope the price point isn’t scaring away too many people. I would like Battle Cat to sell enough to not give pause to Mondo (Funko?) to release Panthor next year. I’m really, really looking forward to having some nice battles of He-man on Battle Cat vs. Skeletor on Panthor…
Mondo is notorious for abandoning lines

How does Mondo justify this price? Does it have to do with limited production runs (compared to hot toys, sideshow, etc.) and no parts reuse? Also not sure why they have been offering the recent MOTU figures as timed releases only.
Rising costs of various products, shipping costs, etc. coupled with brand new sculpts, raises the price. I too am in the camp of thinking it would have topped out at $400, but with the release of Battle Cat likely to be sometime in Q3 2023 based on Deluxe He-Man’s release window alone, I understand the price increase. There’s just no way to know if prices are going to stabilize in that time. That’s not to say I’m trilled with it. I’m just glad they are offering a payment plan… I’m actually happy that these have been timed releases. Not everyone can take off a day of work to camp out for a toy. Those days are long gone…

Rising costs of various products, shipping costs, etc. coupled with brand new sculpts, raises the price. I too am in the camp of thinking it would have topped out at $400, but with the release of Battle Cat likely to be sometime in Q3 2023 based on Deluxe He-Man’s release window alone, I understand the price increase. There’s just no way to know if prices are going to stabilize in that time. That’s not to say I’m trilled with it. I’m just glad they are offering a payment plan… I’m actually happy that these have been timed releases. Not everyone can take off a day of work to camp out for a toy. Those days are long gone…
I don't think that's ever going to happen. Maybe the rate of increase will slow, but any kind of "stability" will last one or two years, tops.

The price for Battle Cat is absolutely insane. I’m not impressed with most of this collection anyway. I was excited about She Ra but she just ended up looking like an anime character rather than the cartoon version most of us love. I passed. I have a statue of her anyway which I think is more than enough. Mondo can go jump now.

The price for Battle Cat is absolutely insane. I’m not impressed with most of this collection anyway. I was excited about She Ra but she just ended up looking like an anime character rather than the cartoon version most of us love. I passed. I have a statue of her anyway which I think is more than enough. Mondo can go jump now.
MonDON'T he says!

For the size, the price is ok. It's 1/6, it's the inflation, it's high end. Adjust your expectactions accordingly, I'd say.

But: I'm with him. For the most part these have been underwhelming.
Articulation is meak, QC is bad, accessories are great, but tend to not hold.

He-Man hat paint issues, so did Skeletor. Grip for He-man's shield doesn't hold properly and Man-At-Arms was the worse:
unstable all in all, that peg-in-hook in the back always pops off, the hand just falls holding his club and the same arm is loose
and always swivels down on it's own.

For the price the issues were too much, now they're going even more exclusive and aftermarket for She-Ra is just crazy.
I'll probably go Masterverse.

Hordak will be my final review and then I'll sell'em.

Back