Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trap jaw is here and he is a hefty figure

PXL_20231006_232752914.jpg

PXL_20231006_233020469.jpg

View attachment 667728

View attachment 667729
I just got mine the other day, yeah he is a pretty beefy dude, I actually ordered two of them at the time this way I could sell one cuz I had the money at the time even though now that I think about it that was crazy hopefully I sell it and get my money back at least. Was hoping to make a little bit of a profit since it was a timed release.

Does anyone on here know where you can pre-order this or other figures after the timed window closes? Beast-man was my first attempted pre-order and I missed it because I read 1159am as 1159pm.

Unfortunately once you miss it you're screwed and then you'll have to pay a lot more for it cuz people will get it and then sell it I just miss Beast Man too cuz I didn't get to notification and I'm pissed. Yeah there's no other way to get it once it's sold out. I had my alert set and I missed my email I can't believe it. But yeah the only other way you could get them once they're sold out is from eBay and they're going to cost you a little more or a lot more.

Does anyone on here know where you can pre-order this or other figures after the timed window closes? Beast-man was my first attempted pre-order and I missed it because I read 1159am as 1159pm.
He was up for preorder for an entire week. I'd recommend joining their mailing list or one of Mondo's social media if you don't want to miss out on any future preorders. Their timed exclusives are usually up for a week or so. So you have more than enough time to preorder in the future.

He was up for preorder for an entire week. I'd recommend joining their mailing list or one of Mondo's social media if you don't want to miss out on any future preorders. Their timed exclusives are usually up for a week or so. So you have more than enough time to preorder in the future.
Yeah I am actually signed up for their messages and alerts from Mondo and I have no idea how I missed it cuz I bought the trap jaw but I completely looked over the alert on my email about Beast Man and it was already over. So frustrating but what could you do right it's my fault. Lesson learned I got to be more on top of it I thought I would get it alert about it and I didn't it was just in my email.

Yeah I am actually signed up for their messages and alerts from Mondo and I have no idea how I missed it cuz I bought the trap jaw but I completely looked over the alert on my email about Beast Man and it was already over. So frustrating but what could you do right it's my fault. Lesson learned I got to be more on top of it I thought I would get it alert about it and I didn't it was just in my email.
That sucks. I hope you find a good deal out there when he releases. Deals pop up all the time. I'd recommend also joining one of the Mondo or Motu facebook groups cause they constantly post how excited they are and when the last day is.

That sucks. I hope you find a good deal out there when he releases. Deals pop up all the time. I'd recommend also joining one of the Mondo or Motu facebook groups cause they constantly post how excited they are and when the last day is.
Good idea,thanks, I'm usually on top of it,I don't know what happened.

Fair, timing is everything. I was busy until later and figured I could do it when I got home. It also coincided with pay day so I couldn't do it earlier.

When I was a kid, everyone wanted Trap Jaw. He was just a really fun figure. Even if you didn't like or know about He Man, the aesthetic design and features were cool. This release looks amazing.

His waist down effect looks kind of "Predator-ish" a bit there. There's the AVP Predator vibe in those boots. I suspect now what I wouldn't realize as a kid is Trap Jaw's color scheme is part of what makes him interesting. The colors really work together well ( not sure that's true of some of other major characters in the series)

Got this info from another Mondo thread that I’m on.

Panthor is up this Tuesday at 10 (have no idea if it’s either EST or PST). Regular edition will be up for preorder over 10 days. Flocked version will be up later with more details to follow.

4777592E-8711-4105-BABC-619ADC68E000.png

Panthor is up this Tuesday at 10 (have no idea if it’s either EST or PST). Regular edition will be up for preorder over 10 days. Flocked version will be up later with more details to follow.

View attachment 673848
Nice I wish it wasn't so expensive I definitely can't afford that I got the deluxe skeletor on the way I just got the trapjaw I, missed the beastman because I never got the notice and I have faker and the first skelator that they did. I want to get the anti-eteria He-Man It's a little bit pricey what people are selling it for right now got to find the right deal. I watch the video with the two head guys at Mondo they're really small company there's only like four people that work at Mondo,in creative. Sounds like they want to do a lot of figures down the line,

The same thing happened with me with the Phantasm Timed Edition (Batman Animated) and Mondo would not make an exception - I emailed Mondo's customer service about 9 (nine) hours after the deadline.

Fortunately, I already bought one Timed figure a few days prior but I wanted to get a second to display Phantasm both masked/unmasked and have some extra parts to spare. I ended up getting the Regular edition from another retailer about a month later.

If you still want the Timed figure, perhaps check the forums or the secondary market (Ebay, Mercari, etc.) but expect to pay about 20% markup.

Also, wait until to the figure is released - if you pay early for someone's Preorder, I think your purchase is only protected for certain time period to get a refund (if the seller flakes on you). Mondo's PO turnaround to release is relatively quick so you still might be protected but certain figures (like from Hot Toys) can take upwards of 1 to 2 years.

View attachment 673848

Flocked or Un-Flocked - which one is better?

I know it comes down to personal preference but I'm torn between the two. I believe the vintage Panthor was flocked so that has nostalgic value but I'm concerned about the long term durability of the material.

Flocked or Un-Flocked - which one is better?

I know it comes down to personal preference but I'm torn between the two. I believe the vintage Panthor was flocked so that has nostalgic value but I'm concerned about the long term durability of the material.
I think it would look weird if you already have the unflocked Battle Cat next to the flocked Panthor but again it all comes down to personal preference.

Either way you’re “flocked”. 🤣

Back