MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I not entitled to it?
The seam doesnt bother me as much as the joints do, though they are noticeable in the pics.

My biggest gripe is the elbow and knee joints. I just think they could have been hidden better. Dont get why they decided to sculpt the straps in the elbows instead of using a separate piece. The knee are distracting too from the front. Separate pieces instead of sculpted on the actual figure would have been preferrable.

Anyway, im getting mine today ahead of the original Wednesday delivery.

I hope it is better in hand.

Either way, Im getting all 1/6 turtles from Dreamex and the Eastman threezero.

Hope you are able to get it as well Aliaz!

And I agree on the joints too. Hopefully by Raphael they fix some of these issues by then (e.g. seams).

I wouldn't hold my breath, the body sculpts are all the same so I would assume they are already producing the other figures or already have. Unless they listen to everyone about the issues and start over but I doubt it.

I wouldn't hold my breath, the body sculpts are all the same so I would assume they are already producing the other figures or already have. Unless they listen to everyone about the issues and start over but I doubt it.

Yeah you're probably right.

This is pretty much it, if you don't like Leo you aren't going to like the rest of the lot. Personally I love it despite it's flaws, it feels very sturdy and displays fantastically. I'm hoping to get a chance to take some pics of it with the NECA Turtles today. It has some points that'll be dealbreakers for some like the face seam (which I actually didn't notice at first), the swords don't sit flush into the scabbards because of the squared guard, he doesn't really hold them in one hand that securely and it kind of wobbles which has me more worried about Mikey and Raph than Leo or Donnie and the joints are really tight, to the point where just positioning it made me feel like I might break it because it didn't have a lot of give at first but once you start positioning him it's fine, although I wouldn't be shocked if someone broke theirs in the process of posing.

Am I not entitled to it?
Absolutely, just wanted some commentary on it
I will admit that for me personally, the neca versions have quelled some of the excitement on these, but I don't plan on selling as I need the comic version

Out for delivery for me, my wife wants me to not open it and put it under the tree(as I asked her not to get me anything for xmas)
Really want to open it

Last edited:
Whats up guys,

I got mine on Saturday, but haven't had a lot of time to inspect it. However, when I tried putting in the red mask head I just couldn't place it. I am afraid that if i put in more force I might break it lol.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I really wanted to display it with the red mask, but hopefully I am doing something wrong because the mold looks exactly the same as the blue mask one.

Thanks,

Noz.

No offense to anybody that likes these, but that leo looks cheap as hell. Looks like an upscaled playmates toy.

Don't have mine in hand yet but if another company decided to do the OG comic turtles, I might seriously sell these and go with them. I'm not happy hearing about and seeing these quality issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still excited about these. The joints don't bother me because they have been shown since the start.

I just don't feel like the quality is there with these Mondo turtles. They looked great at protos at SDCC but these do just seem more like playmates toys blended with some aspects of hasbro and neca.

Mine were delivered earlier. I'll post pics later but I'm just...I don't know. Sorry if I'm a downer right now but I was really looking forward to them and they are kind of bleh in hand. Just needed somewhere to vent a little.

I'm looking forward to mine! The seam is a little surprising, but like so many other 1/6 releases, I find a lot of those types of flaws only show up in really close up pics. Maybe it's just my eyes, but I probably won't notice it when they are on the shelf. And as Aliaz said, the exposed joints have been there from the beginning, so I don't know why that would turn anyone off of them at this point. But to each their own. Can't wait to have all four!!!

Got mine, I like the size of the fig and the paint job
The face seam is bothering me and I'm not picky
It seems like they have an interchangeable mouth for each turtle or something of the sort, cut down on expenses by using the same mold?
Not bad looking from the top down, but bad from bottom up view

Last edited:
I just don't feel like the quality is there with these Mondo turtles. They looked great at protos at SDCC but these do just seem more like playmates toys blended with some aspects of hasbro and neca.

Mine were delivered earlier. I'll post pics later but I'm just...I don't know. Sorry if I'm a downer right now but I was really looking forward to them and they are kind of bleh in hand. Just needed somewhere to vent a little.

Abandon ship and go with dreamEx. Thats what im doing and im glad i did, after seeing the final product for these mondo turtles....yeesh

It's official. Mine are on the market. I have a regular Leonardo and a Mondo exclusive Leonardo for sale if anyone wants it.:gah::Flush:blissysmi

I wonder if everyone's opinions would be different if there weren't all of these other options (NECA, Threezero, DreamEx, Figuarts).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno. $174 for that quality just doesn't seem to fit. Anyways, I'll stop with the hateraid lol. I really hope people enjoy this figure. It's just not for me.

The seam really isn't that bad
i agree with this, As long as your not right up on the head, you don't even notice it
At least I don't right now, from about 18 inches away

Will say, it's a heavy figure, feels like quality

Back