Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Ok so I just discovered some new info from the booklet.

Now the Harkyn might not look like a high standard but they made a harkyn 8" Bust for Lord of fallen collectors edition game.

Last edited:

Here's some interesting stuff a fair bit of info and also their showcase booklet.
If you click on the side of the book it opens up and you can scroll through the pages. or click the play icon.

https://anyflip.com/yccr/cbay/basic

View attachment 358031

That bit about the Harkyn statue got me curious, so I spent five minutes with Google. They're massaging the truth somewhat about producing 6,000 units that all sold out on pre-order, the statue (actually a bust) was produced to be bundled with the special collector's edition of the game Lords of the Fallen, presumably some kind of subcontract they snagged due to their former games industry connections.

I found some pics of the finished piece via Google Images. I'll let people draw their own conclusions as to what this means for the quality of the finished Lennon and Wonka figures.

z2M9B6B.jpg

0Fp10gE.jpg

1AYbcXE.jpg

WcP48hq.jpg

QV1UT0d.jpg

Ha you got their before I could!

Ok so you have to think logically on this! Being a bit of a gamer the collectors editions aren't ever that great of paint etc, they tend to be cheap looking things because they are. Best collectors edition yet is Dead rising 2 which came with a fully custom 1:6 scale zombie for like £50 I actually paid £5 for mine. :horror

You think $80 game with a bust etc of course the quality won't be as good as high end pieces. It's a polystone bust that was included in a game.

The video game bust was a different animal obviously driven by how much the game's publishers were willing to sink into a boxed set freebie...I will go ahead and judge M8 based upon their grand unveiling of Lennon at last week's convention. When you display in that setting you do so to make a statement...and they did...PayPal heard them loud and clear...

Ok so I just discovered some new info from the booklet.

Now the Harkyn might not look like a high standard but they made a harkyn 8" Bust for Lord of the rings collectors edition game.

Lords of the Fallen, not LOTR.

M8 is the gift that keeps on giving...as long as you don't require high end action figures as a gift that is...I predict that this thread will outlast M8 as a company...

Yes, 20 years from now we will have passed this tale down mouth to mouth for generations to come. So you gotta listen it and member. Down the long hall into history back. The tale of Molecule8.:lol

So you honestly believe your figure will show up on your doorstep soon?

I am not saying that, I am simply saying this is what happened with my blitzway figure. No shipping notice, no "shipping soon" nothing. Just that email with fill in the blanks., which I thought was odd cause just Like molecule 8 they have all my info via paypal. Why would they need it again. It would be cool though for out to just show up at my door. I write this at the risk of being jumped on by many here. But, i do believe in this company and that's we will get a Lennon figure and a wonky figure. When, i have no clue. I also don't know if it will blow my socks off. I am willing to take the chance and i have. So like many here, its just a wait and see. I honestly do not think this is a hoax or a scam. I think this company is trying hard but maybe just going about it the wrong way.

Last edited:

I am not saying that, I am simply saying this is what happened with my blitzway figure. No shipping notice, no "shipping soon" nothing. Just that email with fill in the blanks., which I thought was odd cause just Like molecule 8 they have all my info via paypal. Why would they need it again. It would be cool though for out to just show up at my door. I write this at the risk of being jumped on by many here. But, i do believe in this company and that's we will get a Lennon figure and a wonky figure. When, i have no clue. I also don't know if it will blow my socks off. I am willing to take the chance and i have. So like many here, its just a wait and see. I honestly do not think this is a hoax or a scam. I think this company is trying hard but maybe just going about it the wrong way.

Dude, the prototype isn't even finished...did you miss that memo? Likely they sent out that email to get their customers to hold out a bit longer, long enough that their 180 day PayPal window expires, or to stave off more mass cancellations. You're not going to magically receive this on your doorstep, not for a long long time.

Agreed, I think it's highly likely they'll release a wonky figure.

Perhaps even the wonkiest 1/6 scale figure ever released...this will put them on the map and make all of the folks who keep defending M8 by saying there is no such thing as "bad publicity" very happy.

Perhaps even the wonkiest 1/6 scale figure ever released...this will put them on the map and make all of the folks who keep defending M8 by saying there is no such thing as "bad publicity" very happy.

Or they pull it off and the figs are great..it's still too early to call :dunno

So Ajay Chadha disappeared! He stopped responding to my emails since last Friday. I still haven't received my refund. Will call PayPal tomorrow. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back