Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

As unsatisfied as I am with their method of release/ reveals, I'm still pretty damned excited for this. I think they planned this all along, the sudden announcements and changes... They're intentionally causing a "buzz" and I must say they have succeeded (whether we like how they've done it or not). And remember, they showed the sandals from the get-go, although I completely forgot about them, being that I was distracted by everything else concerning the figure. I truly hope this lives up to the hype surrounding it and Lennon is a masterpiece worthy of any collector's display.

Really? 144 Pages of fluff, discussing a so called 'Company' which barely, if even exists?

Y'all have too much spare time on your hands.

It's a start up, so you have to expect delays, especially for a high profile debut piece like this. I'm a HUGE Lennon fan, have 5 books about him, but was never into a post Beatles JL figure so... despite having had made a Custom 1/6 Sullivan era Beatles Set (including instruments AND Amps) and Wowing this amazing sculpt, I'm passing on it, hoping they'll eventually get the Beatles license, which won't happen. But who knows, there may be other Lennon figures to come.

300.00 is still expensive for a figure, I think most people have been jaded by over priced customs. That's about 50.00 over a Hot Toys figure, i will just wait and see. Moe had a good scheme going didn't he walk with like 20k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a start up, so you have to expect delays, especially for a high profile debut piece like this. I'm a HUGE Lennon fan, have 5 books about him, but was never into a post Beatles JL figure so... despite having had made a Custom 1/6 Sullivan era Beatles Set (including instruments AND Amps) and Wowing this amazing sculpt, I'm passing on it, hoping they'll eventually get the Beatles license, which won't happen. But who knows, there may be other Lennon figures to come.

I would love to see pics of those!

I would love to see pics of those!

Ok, I'll dig them up -- oh, and all hand painted by Master Les! I did the collars on the outfits and instrument pinstriping.

Remember, these were done like 6-8 years ago so be nice. :lol

John and Paul

1-abtlpj-1.jpg

1-abtlp4.jpg

1-abeatj2.jpg

1-abeatg-1.jpg

aaarsdm5.jpg

Last edited:

Those are gorgeous!

Thanks! They only took 3 years to make: find all the parts, have the heads painted, plus all the details like the Rickenbacher label which I made, hunt correct mics -- Drum set, I also made Ringo's drumsticks. And they are wearing Beatle boots! Unfortunately I had to sell the set (along with other cherished figures at the time) to finance a spec writing project (that took about 3 years once Producers came on board) which is why I hope M8 does more with Lennon at least. I miss them dearly.

Fantastic work pjam. Serang also did summer 1/6 Beatles, I believe. Though he might have run off before completing those.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Fantastic set you had there! You really captured their likeness. Very well done!

Thanks! They only took 3 years to make: find all the parts, have the heads painted, plus all the details like the Rickenbacher label which I made, hunt correct mics -- Drum set, I also made Ringo's drumsticks. And they are wearing Beatle boots! Unfortunately I had to sell the set (along with other cherished figures at the time) to finance a spec writing project (that took about 3 years once Producers came on board) which is why I hope M8 does more with Lennon at least. I miss them dearly.

Those are beautiful! Thank you for posting them.

I want them to make a proper Beetlejuice.

But the Sideshow one is so amazing!! LOL!! I hope so too. Seriously that face sculpt is really goofy. Looks like he had a lobotomy. Just add some drool.

Attachments

• Beetlejuice-sixth-scale-620.jpg
    Beetlejuice-sixth-scale-620.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 169

Thanks again, everyone. Truly appreciated, especially from discerning Freaks!

Pretty amazing how this hobby has progressed, isn't it? This M8 KA Kim Lennon sculpt is nothing short of spectacular.

Molecule8
8 mins ·
Molecule8 is excited to announce that the John Lennon Imagine set will now include a second and third outfit, featuring three distinctive and iconic looks from the “Imagine” era to choose from.
View attachment 343977

Three outfits now? As time goes on this release gets better and better. It almost seems too good to be true.lol No need to go overboard on speculation, I'll just have to wait and see.But if this turns out this good then it might be too hard to pass on. The Beatles are my favorite band, and my interest in the members post Beatles output are mixed, so I was going to pass on this. If we ever, ya know, see the full figure/package and a PO at Sideshow I just may pick this up. I'd go with the **** Cavett Show outfit for main display, I think.

Their site is down. Can anyone remember the accessory list? I remember the boots, flip-flop, necklace etc, but he comes with a singing sculpt. Does he come with a guitar or something?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, with the three outfits and two heads, you have two full figures minus one body. Though the body looks pretty slim, there are likely cheap, compatible options out there. Though the singing sculpt will still seem odd without an instrument.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Though the body looks pretty slim, there are likely cheap, compatible options out there.

You really think the head will be interchangeable?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them come up with some 'proprietary' method of attaching the head. Like the head is cast in a soft silicon and 'slides' over a stainless steel neck. The only body the head will fit on will be their $200 stainless steel skeleton.

The fact that Vijay was cagey about interchangeability in the podcast leads me to believe the answer is not something people will like.

If the site is down it must mean that they're running away with everyone's money now.

:monkey3

Back