Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Has it been stated that the release is May, or that the progress bar will hit the end and the complete prototype will be done?

On their forum, it was asked if it was still scheduled to ship in May.

The admin said this

Molecule8 Admin said:
We like you hope that nothing will get in the way of the scheduled date, we want the figure to be perfect for you and sometimes things need to be tweaked in the final stages as you know, if this does occur we will of course keep you informed.

At worst, they're deliberately obfuscating any specifics in regards to when the figure will ship.

I don't think anyone honestly believes this figure will ship in May. If it did, they would be able to confirm that now.

My guess is to generate presales. But when you know you can't deliver that's plain shady.

I know, I know, they still have time. :lol

Last edited:

Well after all the boasts and preorders taken they have fallen short of their first promise to show the figure. We already knew Kim could sculpt and paint a head which means we still have seen what amounts to nothing from molecule8 the company.

Not nothing.....
We have:

A web site
Plenty of cgi pics
An impossible body.
A completely obscure "interview"
And random addresses....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this Lennon sculpt an officially licensed product?
Does his estate know this is being made?

Good question. The website indicates it is, but I have reached out to the licensor to see. Hopefully I will hear back on Monday.

But who most likely gave them the story? :wink1:

I was looking into the license question the other day, since there were no individual copyrights on Molecule8's site. I was specifically looking with regards to Ghostbusters, in light of Dave's comment that Sony had no knowledge of Soldier Story.

And I found this company:

https://www.rocketlicensing.com/

Sony is one of their clients: https://www.rocketlicensing.com/clients/sony-pictures/

And Ghostbusters one of the brands they manage: https://www.rocketlicensing.com/brands/ghostbusters/

Though, unlike SwedishHeat, I haven't contacted them.

giphy.gif

Seems like Molecule8 issued a press release about the figure.

A bit of news here

https://invisioncommunity.co.uk/2017/04/25/molecule8-unveils-john-lennon-youve-never-seen/

Molecule8®, a debut company in the premium collectibles market, announced today a new range of products destined to revolutionize this growing industry, along with a fierce commitment to set new standards in craftsmanship and product design.

Initial licences include: John Lennon™, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory™, Harry Potter™, Lord of the Rings™, The Hobbit™, Ghostbusters™, Big Trouble in Little China™, and Taxi Driver™.

The first product to launch will be John Lennon, a world exclusive for the limited edition collectibles market, and is now available to pre-order via the Molecule8 website.

“We are both honoured and humbled to have been given the opportunity to develop a line of distinct premium collectibles under the John Lennon brand,” said Vijay Chadha, CEO of Molecule8. “In addition to the 1/6 scale replica of Mr. Lennon, our team is developing a unique assortment of pieces that will speak to the genius, character, and passions that defined John Lennon, both as an artist and as a man.”

A bit more evidence in the "Maybe not a scam" pile

Dang, you paid the fee to join the site?

Taking one for the team. ;)

No, it was free. But you can only open 8 pages per month.

I used them up looking for Soldier Story. There were 9 pages with Ghostbusters on, and no reference to 'Soldier Story' in the search engine.

I signed up. I'm just awaiting the email confirmation.

Do you have a link to the last Ghostbusters page on there you looked at so I can continue the search?

I don't know who to trust anymore. Toys are breaking me. :monkey2 I still think the SoldierStory figures are legit tho.

tumblr_o5nibpTS1r1qhf4j4o3_500.gif

I tried having that site resend the confirmation email a few times, and they aren't arriving. I may have to check back in the morning. Sorry about that.

Sometimes I think people are insane spending $300 on a John Lennon figure sight unseen from a brand new company with nothing to show for it.

Then I look at myself registering for licensing newsletters in the wee hours of the morning determined to prove these guys are a scam, and I wonder if I'm not the insane one.

I started at the end of the search and worked forward, so it ought to be among the most recent if you get the same results.

However, since Soldier Story doesn't appear on the site they may be under another name.

Okay, I got the email and was able to finish my account. How did you search for the Ghostbusters stuff?

OK, I found some stuff. I can't directly link it so I just copied and pasted them. Oddly enough there's nothing about Soldier Story, but Molecule8 seems to be more and more legit.

Big Trouble in Little China Molecule8 Collectible figures Sony Pictures Consumer Products

Ghostbusters Molecule8 Collectible figures Sony Pictures Consumer Products

Also, someone should try just searching for Soldier Story on there. It looks like you can search which licenses specific companies have(?).

Back