Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

PayPal had M8 issue a refund. I will order it from BBTS.

Good for you- anyone who sunk 300 into this should follow suit when there are OTHER sources to preorder from with no money up front

Some of us have lives and don't want to sit and lynch a company for trying to bring some cool 1:6 pieces to the table.
This hasn't gotten bizarre just realistic. As someone who worked on a custom project that took a long time I understand just a few of the set backs!

M8 do need to wise up a bit yes but they are doing what they see fit and I agree with it, to many Impatient self entitled people in this hobby. Speaking as a guy who wants this company to work I fully support a delay if it improves the figure, I do not want to pay for a half assed figure I know that much so I welcome a delay for quality. :rotfl:rotfl

The thing I find most interesting is most of the people stiring the **** are people who haven't even ordered :rotfl
I really think until the final piece is shown people need to ease off a bit and then if the final is bad then complain....My advice would be order via a retailer and just see what they do before trying to lynch them. I fully support M8. :duff

That's the thing though. This isn't a custom. This is a fully licensed figure with a professional sculptor and a company made up of other industry professionals that are offering this to the masses via a legally registered entity. Customs have delays due to personal obligations of participants because (for most) it's a secondary job or hobby whereas M8, this is ALL that they do and only currently have the 1 figure they are supposed to be focusing on. Wonka be damned (which is the one I want), focus on your first release and get it right instead of all this BS that they are trying to shove down our throats that some are willfully and gleefully swallowing wholesale.

I've not been collecting long, but I understand delays and some delays can last years. What my point is, and I'm obviously doing it badly, is that it's not an unforeseen delay that can't be helped. They knew all along and had no intentions of releasing it soon. They misled people, such as myself, to raise capital. That's where my fraud statement came in - deliberately and knowingly misleading people. Isn't that fraudulent?

So, go ahead and call it "naive" if you wish, but I see it as being that simple.

Okay, I can understand that I have more 'experience' collecting, so I can understand your view that you don't understand how it works. You've learned a lesson here, and it's pretty typical of how releases work around here.

In any case, it's hard to argue it's fraud if they knowingly misled people. Maybe they're just as inexperienced as you, and legitimately thought it would be ready in May. Most manufacturers are given an estimate by their factory, and that's where the release date comes from. And it turns out the factory under-estimated the time, and then it all gets screwed up from there. So, if M8's factory said "Oh yeah, it'll be ready to ship in May" and that's what M8 posted. Is M8 knowingly misleading people? They're just reporting the information they have.

So, if M8's factory said "Oh yeah, it'll be ready to ship in May" and that's what M8 posted. Is M8 knowingly misleading people? They're just reporting the information they have.

The thing is the didn't even have any of this stuff ready for May to begin with so there was no factory delay to. Just look at what they have now and how it still needs a lot of work. If you have nothing then how can you promise it to be completed and shipped prior to having it? That's the point people are trying to make that others seem to want to ignore and argue about. They lied because they had nothing completed to actually ship yet swore it was ready and boxed up then promised a reveal that never came then said they are delaying fore retailers then another delay due to adding free guitars to all the boxes. All of which was BS as they had nothing to ship. They mention transparency in the process yet up until now they've been putting up smoke and mirrors.

Even BBTS states

Arrival date is an estimate and not guaranteed

That's actually just a canned response they put on all of their preorders to cover themselves legally. They will still put the manufacturer's estimate up with a disclaimer on it.

This John Lemon figure is one of the best gifts to this board in a while. Being sensitive to the people who have passed on monies to the company, this is a comment board that should welcome all types of feedback. As far as I can see M8 is of no affiliation and there should be right to opinions both positive and negative.

In the end, M8 controls its own destiny. They will deliver a quality product and move on the better things or crash and burn and live in infamy for their poor business decisions. I find it fascinating to see this side of the figure business and the struggles it takes to bring a fully licensed product come to market as a startup.

I also find the lighter side of things and enjoy good banter. So hopefully we can keep the insults down and have fun with them on the journey and not take ourselves or what it happening too seriously. End of the day it's a dollie and no one is going to lose their life if this thing comes out looking like John Lennon or John Lemon.

I think the factory made molds of the heads, cut the necks of those heads, molded them again to PVC and now this is where we're at. So, we're two generations away from the master, so you have noticeable loss of fine detail, mainly in the hair.

This concept of 3d-scanning the head is, as far as I'm aware, gibberish. I'd wager it's people who don't know what they're talking about, trying to make sense of what they're seeing, using concepts they are familiar with. And seeing as how 3d-printing is all the rage right now, people are using those terms.

On top of that, you have Molecule8 using 'weasel words' and production techno-jargon to try and alleviate concerns. I'm sure there are multiple iterations of the head out there. There's one on display with light brown, almost reddish hair, then the literally in-hand version where it's a darker brown. So, they're referring to all of these as 'tests'. It's common to have multiple tests made.

Guessing that one's aimed at me. Sorry to inform you I do have some insight into this and it's becoming an increasingly common practice as digital sculpting and 3D printing technology has improved. I personally have colleagues who've produced sculptures and other items using this workflow. 1000toys used it on their Jomon Kugutu figures, although I believe they were then further refined by hand afterwards. It wouldn't surprise me at all for M8 to opt for these techniques due to their prior involvement in the videogame industry.

Okay, I can understand that I have more 'experience' collecting, so I can understand your view that you don't understand how it works. You've learned a lesson here, and it's pretty typical of how releases work around here.

You have missed the point of what he is saying again. Stop talking down to him and read. I have read all his posts along with everyone elses and I suggest you do the same.

He is not saying about delays or if it is normal for a figure company to do that or not. He is saying that it is not right for any company to mislead people. In any industry.

I agree that it looks like M8 have misled people knowingly. It cannot be proved though. That is what he was getting at about fraud before you two laughed at him rather than actually trying to understand someone elses point of view. That is what a forum is for: discussion of differing views. So rather than talking down to him and giving the new guy "lessons" :slap be open to listening to his views.

The thing is the didn't even have any of this stuff ready for May to begin with so there was no factory delay to. Just look at what they have now and how it still needs a lot of work. If you have nothing then how can you promise it to be completed and shipped prior to having it? That's the point people are trying to make that others seem to want to ignore and argue about. They lied because they had nothing completed to actually ship yet swore it was ready and boxed up then promised a reveal that never came then said they are delaying fore retailers then another delay due to adding free guitars to all the boxes. All of which was BS as they had nothing to ship. They mention transparency in the process yet up until now they've been putting up smoke and mirrors.

I agree but you are fighting a losing battle here.

This John Lemon figure is one of the best gifts to this board in a while. Being sensitive to the people who have passed on monies to the company, this is a comment board that should welcome all types of feedback. As far as I can see M8 is of no affiliation and there should be right to opinions both positive and negative.

:clap :clap And one of them is supposed to be an impartial moderator.

This is a :goodpost:

It's not about the delays that we all know can happen in this hobby.

The Ghostbusters example is not really valid, they had good looking prototypes to show before it went up for preorder and has since been being delayed.

The simple fact is that it was clearly stated to be finished and ready to ship in May. If they are still refining the prototype that is just impossible, it's obiously not ready for/in production so how would they have shipped it two months ago if they are still working on it? Clearly not a factory problem/delay, just straight up BS.

This is a :goodpost:

It's not about the delays that we all know can happen in this hobby.

The Ghostbusters example is not really valid, they had good looking prototypes to show before it went up for preorder and has since been being delayed.

The simple fact is that it was clearly stated to be finished and ready to ship in May. If they are still refining the prototype that is just impossible, it's obiously not ready for/in production so how would they have shipped it two months ago if they are still working on it? Clearly not a factory problem/delay, just straight up BS.

Common sense right here but wait to be ridiculed for your sensible opinion. However you are not new so they might leave you alone :lol

He is not saying about delays or if it is normal for a figure company to do that or not. He is saying that it is not right for any company to mislead people. In any industry.

It would be nice if no one ever misled people.

We don't live in a world where there are consequences for misleading people. So, it will continue to happen.

Car commercials show a fully loaded car, and say "starts at $24,999". They mislead people.

McDonald's shows you a photoshopped burger and yours never looks like that. They mislead people.

No one is going on message boards talking about McDonald's defrauding people. This is the world of marketing, and you need to be an educated consumer.

The first 20 pages of this thread was debating whether these guys were even a real company or just a scam out to steal people's money, because we knew they were talking out of their ass. How did we get so far in the other direction? To take these people who have no experience, at their word?

It would be nice if no one ever misled people.

We don't live in a world where there are consequences for misleading people. So, it will continue to happen.

Car commercials show a fully loaded car, and say "starts at $24,999". They mislead people.

McDonald's shows you a photoshopped burger and yours never looks like that. They mislead people.

No one is going on message boards talking about McDonald's defrauding people. This is the world of marketing, and you need to be an educated consumer.

The first 20 pages of this thread was debating whether these guys were even a real company or just a scam out to steal people's money, because we knew they were talking out of their ass. How did we get so far in the other direction? To take these people who have no experience, at their word?

Stop defending and deflecting from your bad behavior and accept people have different views to yours. Apologize for talking down to someone. Be a good person and send him a PM if you have to. If you don't agree with what he said, we don't need you going on and on about how right you are and how wrong he is. Chunk is not the only one with that opinion here. I agree with most of what he has said too. Accept opinions and move on, would you? I can't stand bullies.

And stop just picking out the odd phrase or part of what someone has said just to go on the attack. It is weak.

And you called Chunk naive :lol :lol

MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peeps are taking this TOO personal!

Snitch :lol

They can delete my posts as long as they also delete the ones picking on new member. Let's see what a mod makes of it and if there's favoritism here.

Don't worry because I have copied them all :lol :lol

How the hell does this thread have over 300 pages when they haven't even shown the full figure yet??????:dunno

Well even if the final product sucks I'll have been thoroughly entertained by the journey of discovery M8 are on. It could actually be a blueprint of how NOT to do things if it all goes belly up. I really hope that it is a great figure and that those who chose to believe in M8 are rewarded eventually and we get a new decent company out of all this. One that helps raise the standard of 1/6 scale figure making and gives Hot Toys something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yelling.jpg

Back