Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With any luck Mike Hill didn’t send Vijay the sculpts and will sell them to a reputable figure company who can hopefully pick up the licence instead...

If Hot Toys would have ever had any interest in this particular license they would have got to it before the M8 scam ever even existed. Nothing about Hot Toys even remotely suggests that they would take on this license.

If Hot Toys would have ever had any interest in this particular license they would have got to it before the M8 scam ever even existed. Nothing about Hot Toys even remotely suggests that they would take on this license.

It feels like HT and Sideshow have both fallen into the what’s comfortable zone in their releases

Doesn't surprise me. People buy bootlegs and knock offs and "third party" items all the time, just to save a buck.

If buying "REAL" merchandise is too rich for your blood, then you might need a cheaper hobby.

stop the elitist BS.

Why?

Collecting is not egalitarian. It's a hobby for people with passive income to spend their extra money on. It's not a right or a guarantee. It's a privilege, plain and simple.

Some people are privileged enough to have money to spend on any Hot Toys release they want. Some are not.

Some people own multiple super cars, like Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Most of us do not.

Some kids went to school wearing the latest Air Jordans. Others wore shoes they bought at Target.

If we were on a shoe collecting site, and someone was raving about the fake Air Jordans he bought for $20, would anyone be impressed? No, that's not the point of collecting.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but collecting, by its very nature, IS elitist. There's always going to be someone with a bigger and better and more expensive collection than yours.

Why?

Collecting is not egalitarian. It's a hobby for people with passive income to spend their extra money on. It's not a right or a guarantee. It's a privilege, plain and simple.

Some people are privileged enough to have money to spend on any Hot Toys release they want. Some are not.

Some people own multiple super cars, like Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Most of us do not.

Some kids went to school wearing the latest Air Jordans. Others wore shoes they bought at Target.

If we were on a shoe collecting site, and someone was raving about the fake Air Jordans he bought for $20, would anyone be impressed? No, that's not the point of collecting.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but collecting, by its very nature, IS elitist. There's always going to be someone with a bigger and better and more expensive collection than yours.

What does any of this have to do with folks buying a figure from a scam artist who played by the rules until it came time to pay his business partners, and the artists who did the work?

Why?

The hobby supports all types, but its this attitude that peeps have that annoys me and many others. I have many friends that have ALL of rainman figs, all of cult kings figs, etc... but dont have the need to throw this attitude around.
You dont like redman figs or other bootlegs? fine. say it and move on. you dont have to make ahole statements about who can afford what and act you have a mona lisa on your wall.

Where did I say anything about my personal collection? I'm not having a **** measuring contest. I have a very modest collection. But it's important to me that it's all made of genuine pieces. If it's not "real" then what's the point of pursuing it?

Where did I say anything about my personal collection? I'm not having a **** measuring contest. I have a very modest collection. But it's important to me that it's all made of genuine pieces. If it's not "real" then what's the point of pursuing it?

Why do you care what others collect, leave others and their collections alone. Most peeps pick up bootlegs not because they want to insult the original artists but because there is a a VAST difference in between paying $150 than $1500. No need to make peeps feel like sh--..
I have a rainman and cult king figs in my collection, but im sure as hell not going to bash a fellow bros collection in public because they cant afford rainman and cultking prices.

Why would you assume people wouldn't collect unlicensed items simply because they're expensive?

I don't collect unlicensed material cause I don't consider it legitimate. If you like it, good for you, but it doesn't really "impress" me as a collector anymore than someone showing off his kid's painting on his desk at work and thinking it's the greatest thing ever.

Why would you assume people wouldn't collect unlicensed items simply because they're expensive?

I don't collect unlicensed material cause I don't consider it legitimate. If you like it, good for you, but it doesn't really "impress" me as a collector anymore than someone showing off his kid's painting on his desk at work and thinking it's the greatest thing ever.

Every rainman, cultking, etc.. figure is unlicensed. I dont think anyone would agree or be "impressed" with your perspective that these figs are "nothing more that someone showing off a kids painting" LOL..
Once again. You collect only licensed figs. GREAT. But dont sh-- talk down to anyone that doesnt.

Just my opinion. I never said anyone was a bad person. You're touchy.

Back