1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to swing by davejames place today and grab the sculpts. Great to meet him. Kill'r collection. Mola looks awesome, now to get a body.

Wow, that's awesome that you live so close and got to glimpse davejames collection. Would love to see that myself.

Really looking forward to seeing both Mola Rams from you two.

Yeah, it was awesome. As he said to me that it's nice to have someone admire your collection vs. our friends/family who don't really care about them and what goes into making the customs.

Yeah it was cool getting to geek out about these figures with someone in a way I don't usually get to, except online. And Wor-Gar, anytime you happen to be up in Sac for some strange reason, you can stop by as well. :)

Anyway, haven't started painting yet, but I did do a test fit with all the parts on the body and even unpainted I think it looks absolutely badass. And something about the necklaces makes it pop even more once you put those on. My Dominic body is a bit thicker in the torso than the body Spenser used, so it was a much tighter fit, but I was able to get it on. And in the end I'll probably sew that part closed anyway, just so it doesn't bulge out quite as much with the snaps.

20200822_191951 (2).jpg

20200822_192001 (2).jpg

And you can also kinda pull off the rope bridge look with this outfit as well... although you do end up with a whole lot of excess fabric in the back when you do. Lol

20200822_195239 (2).jpg

20200822_200607 (3).jpg

Yeah it was cool getting to geek out about these figures with someone in a way I don't usually get to, except online. And Wor-Gar, anytime you happen to be up in Sac for some strange reason, you can stop by as well. :)

Anyway, haven't started painting yet, but I did do a test fit with all the parts on the body and even unpainted I think it looks absolutely badass. And something about the necklaces makes it pop even more once you put those on. My Dominic body is a bit thicker in the torso than the body Spenser used, so it was a much tighter fit, but I was able to get it on. And in the end I'll probably sew that part closed anyway, just so it doesn't bulge out quite as much with the snaps.

View attachment 493830

View attachment 493831

And you can also kinda pull off the rope bridge look with this outfit as well... although you do end up with a whole lot of excess fabric in the back when you do. Lol

View attachment 493832

View attachment 493833

Which robe set is that?

Very nice, davejames. Even with just a test dress, it looks epic. And I'm very pleasantly impressed that you managed a Bridge Look as well. It works surprisingly well, although perhaps a bit too much red showing (but then that outfit in the movie was certainly a completely different outfit). But its fantastic to have that option as well.

So exciting after so many years to finally see actual Mola Ram figures taking shape and that they will be able to stand along with today's level of realism.

Yeah too much red showing in the lower section, but you could fold in those red sections to minimize that some more. To do it right though you'd really need to heavily alter Spenser's outfit and remove some sections, so the fabric doesn't wind up so thick and padded on his shoulder or in the back.

But after trying both looks I think I'll almost certainly stick with his main one, as the figure looks so much more iconic that way.

Yeah, the vibrant red-and-black of the Ceremonial outfit coupled with that wild headdress really is the most impressive way to display Mola Ram. The skull headdress just ties in the bone necklaces so well (which I agree, Spenser's necklaces are killer) and the extra red of the ceremonial outfit really pops.

At some point I'm going to have both outfits and I wonder if Deniz' will lend itself better to the Bridge Look as his has a slimmer red line along the edge of the robe. That big billowy "skirt" is the problem as both outfit sets have a very minimal "skirt" and for the Bridge Look it really is half the outfit. Finding thin enough silk fabric to work was the issue.

I'm not certain I would have two Mola Rams on my shelf despite the very different looks but... I'm tempted.

Jas (Scratchbuilder) has mentioned a dio... so something like that could change my thinking.

Lookin' good. Do any of you guys remember that 1/6 Rope Bridge someone on here made years ago? That thing was amazing.

Lookin' good. Do any of you guys remember that 1/6 Rope Bridge someone on here made years ago? That thing was amazing.

Yep I remember that rope bridge. Looked awesome and made me want a Mola Ram Thuggee Guards to make scene from the movie.

I made this one a while back, I hope to add some thuggees to it someday. Need to make a lot of robes haha. Not sure if it'll hold though...

18198236_10100716318738700_6896615901981378252_n.jpg

18194118_10100716318723730_932918140184146345_n.jpg

That is absolutely superb Earl Weber. Well done.

Can I ask how much time and effort went into making that?

That's fantastic, Earl! :clap Came across this one on Facebook recently. Looks like it's in a comic-book store.

Or maybe that's just someone's collection. Can never tell these days. :lol

653dde149692ebb5de0013f53b315481.jpg
20112db32d7b8133fafff8b6a7ace000.jpg

Ahhh, I love seeing those kinds of creations. Hat's off to those of you who've put the time, effort and talent into those. Fantastic display idea.

Back