Moebius Models 1/6 -Star Trek TOS- Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the only issue I see (other than the size) is just with the headsculpts. The outfits and accessories look pretty darn good, and are much higher quality than anything else we've gotten.

They're not perfect but miles better than anything official we've had in years--maybe ever. Moebius does good stuff, I have faith these are just early works in progress (first I've heard anyway, and I follow them). I think they'll look much better without the heavy handed paint apps. The outfits are very nice.

Moebius does great stuff- when it comes to spaceships, robots, and re-releases, etc. They don't do humans, however. And whoever their sculptor is for these Trek sculpts seems to be a hold-over from the 1950s when you'd get those weird little troll looking human sculpts on every figure model kit.

And there really hasn't been any official Star Trek figures since... when? The Megos of the 1970s? Yeah, sure these might be marginally better than Megos, but that's not saying much.

Sean

Moebius does great stuff- when it comes to spaceships, robots, and re-releases, etc. They don't do humans, however. And whoever their sculptor is for these Trek sculpts seems to be a hold-over from the 1950s when you'd get those weird little troll looking human sculpts on every figure model kit.

And there really hasn't been any official Star Trek figures since... when? The Megos of the 1970s? Yeah, sure these might be marginally better than Megos, but that's not saying much.

Sean

Playmates had an extensive (100s) of 9" figures and a very deep 12" line as well. Back in the day when 12 inch figures were "toys" not "collectibles."

I'd be excited by these if I didn't already have a full set of Spenser's Trek sculpts and uniforms.As it is,I'll probably pass on these.Besides,I have a Moebius B-9 in progress,so they've already got their share of my ex-cash.Great kit...PS

Well, I don't think anything can top Nanjin's efforts, so I'm all set.
Still, looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

Well, I don't think anything can top Nanjin's efforts, so I'm all set.
Still, looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

Most of what he is offering is outstanding but I am meh on the portraits. I prefer awesome custom heads on the old Playmates figures to so/so sculpts on great costumes. Plus I don't see him doing Scotty or Sulu, so pass. I doubt anyone will ever go as deep on Classic Star Trek in 1/6th as Playmates did. They did the whole bridge crew plus 3 aliens. Wish they would have done at least one Klingon and an Orion Slave Girl. Will watch the progress on this with interest as Frank is a pretty keen business man and Moebius puts out quality products.

Have you seen his latest Spock?
I'd say that is pretty far from "meh"... but, to each his own.

The one that looks like somebody goosed him? Nice paint job but the proportions are off. Most Spock sculpts suffer from trying to sell the likeness with the hair and ears instead of concentrating on capturing Nimoy first, than morph it into Spock.

Just curious if these are history, now that Qmx is doing their own versions.

The one that looks like somebody goosed him? Nice paint job but the proportions are off. Most Spock sculpts suffer from trying to sell the likeness with the hair and ears instead of concentrating on capturing Nimoy first, than morph it into Spock.

I noticed this issue, that's why we started out doing Nimoy portrait, then add the pointed ears and the hair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back