Moebius Models 1/6 -Star Trek TOS- Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price determining factor- they look great but HSs need work. Accessories look spot on(Moebius is a model company who does great sci-fi kits)

Saw these too. They aren't really 12" - more like 11". The heads are still prototype, but the sculpts are final. The heads will be a bit smaller in production. They are hoping for a $150-160 price - but haven't made any final decisions.

It's like DCD with being slightly off in size. Why??? Whats the market for 1/7?

Jeez, only 11"?? If it was Big Chief or Medicom size at around 11 1/2", there might be a chance you could up the size a bit with the outfits on a bigger body. But I don't really see that being possible with a 11" figure.

Jeez, only 11"?? If it was Big Chief or Medicom size at around 11 1/2", there might be a chance you could up the size a bit with the outfits on a bigger body. But I don't really see that being possible with a 11" figure.

Don't forget, the pants of the uniform ride high to begin with, if you plan on converting to a larger body you better get boots that are taller than knee high boots, and that's not going to work.

Yeah it doesn't seem like it would be doable at all. Here's hoping the figures are actually bigger than they might have appeared in the case, because otherwise it's a definite pass.

These are essentially premium figure model kits coming from Moebius and should be priced accordingly. These are not "high end" collectibles.

Not sure about the actual height - they were obviously shorter than traditional 1:6 figures though.

These are essentially premium figure model kits coming from Moebius and should be priced accordingly. These are not "high end" collectibles.

They are limited in number, fully assembled and have lots of accessories - so they match the criteria for "high end collectibles."

That's pretty odd that they would choose shorter bodies...
Are they designing their own bodies? Doesn't really make much sense. It's Medicom all over again.

I don't understand the rationale of "everything must be 1:6 or else" It is a bit of an odd choice not going that route, but if they look great, who the hell cares? Unless you're planning full on dios of Han vs. Kirk or Iron Man vs. Spock....:slap

Moebius produces their own models and bought out most of the old Aurora molds from Playing Mantis / RC2. It's cool they're getting into something like this (hopefully for a lower price point than those companies that have made $400+ 1/6 figures a reality...:wave)

No not a diorama, but I'm one of those who likes seeing all these iconic characters displayed together on the same shelves. I don't want to have to set aside an extra space somewhere just for my smaller Trek figures.

I don't understand the rationale of "everything must be 1:6 or else" It is a bit of an odd choice not going that route, but if they look great, who the hell cares?

The problem is they don't look great (in fact they look pretty awful) and they are under scale. If they were only under scale maybe they'd fit in with some Medicom figures, but looking like bad old 1950s model kit sculpts of human faces and being under scale, in today's market of great head sculpts, makes these figures a total loss in my opinion.

Sean

The problem is they don't look great (in fact they look pretty awful) and they are under scale. If they were only under scale maybe they'd fit in with some Medicom figures, but looking like bad old 1950s model kit sculpts of human faces and being under scale, in today's market of great head sculpts, makes these figures a total loss in my opinion.

Sean

They're not perfect but miles better than anything official we've had in years--maybe ever. Moebius does good stuff, I have faith these are just early works in progress (first I've heard anyway, and I follow them). I think they'll look much better without the heavy handed paint apps. The outfits are very nice.

Back