MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly wanted something totally different that what has been done . I just need to send you the head .

Excellent. Did you get a black cape made?

33AB2AE0-2752-4DBC-91B4-F516231266F3.jpg

C1683A62-FFA1-4B78-A977-090B5599B37D.jpg

DAFAB156-7C81-4191-94A7-016E0B7B1D34.jpg

4ADC1856-6AC1-494F-8EC3-D2EF5D55FBCA.jpg

A9892EB4-96F3-48B6-8517-D585C5FB3B7D.jpg

B1F7EAF6-24D9-45A2-A19D-6A03A7C5984D.jpg

I have yet to do the Christopher Reeve head Swap I need to buy another Mos Figure and do it lol.

Want to think Shortround and Emrea for their awesomely helpful tutorial on doing the cape mod. I finally modded mine tonight. However I didn't do the full mod. I just removed the piece underneath the suit and lowered the collar. I kept the original cape intact and didn't hollow out the collar. Anyway just wanted to say thanks to those guys for their detailed video tutorial

Here is WIP of a Franken/MOS figure. Originally, I was using a KP body with MOS head. It morphed into a KP body with MOS arms and head with enhancements to the butt and thighs. The best part is that I am more comfortable breaking down figures. IMAG0817.jpgIMAG0821.jpgIMAG0825.jpgIMAG0827.jpgIMAG0828.jpgIMAG0829.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0816 cropped.jpg
    IMAG0816 cropped.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 378
Here is WIP of a Franken/MOS figure. Originally, I was using a KP body with MOS head. It morphed into a KP body with MOS arms and head with enhancements to the butt and thighs. The best part is that I am more comfortable breaking down figures. View attachment 101033View attachment 101034View attachment 101035View attachment 101036View attachment 101040View attachment 101041

BUTT why? sorry couldnt resist......shoulders look to pinched, wich makes the arms short, legs are too thin...better off just chopping him at the thigh and calf, done right you can get hom down in height, if thats what you want, without losing the great look on this figure......the mos body isnt perfect, but its not bad,,, carvill is a big guy pretty much....

thanks tony mei...i modded the jor el gauntlets, just like them better, bigger than supes...not sure why the size difference.....think i got the piping color just right...

mos3_zpsc41597bd.jpg

mos_zpse96e41ac.jpg

mos5_zps71905a83.jpg

BUTT why? sorry couldnt resist......shoulders look to pinched, wich makes the arms short, legs are too thin...better off just chopping him at the thigh and calf, done right you can get hom down in height, if thats what you want, without losing the great look on this figure......the mos body isnt perfect, but its not bad,,, carvill is a big guy pretty much....

thanks for the comments. I'm not too sure about chopping up a spare figure that I probably spent too much for. As for the arms appearing too short, It doesn't appear so. Also, Cavil's arms in the movie appeared too short. You're right about the legs, especially if it is compared to the actual figure. The mod has greater neck articulation and because his chest is a bit smaller and the material softer than Hot Toys, greater articulation in that area. I will post pics demonstrating such later.

thanks for the comments. I'm not too sure about chopping up a spare figure that I probably spent too much for. As for the arms appearing too short, It doesn't appear so. Also, Cavil's arms in the movie appeared too short. You're right about the legs, especially if it is compared to the actual figure. The mod has greater neck articulation and because his chest is a bit smaller and the material softer than Hot Toys, greater articulation in that area. I will post pics demonstrating such later.

maybe try some thigh slip ons. i usualy glue mine if i need them, thing is the ht wont fit that body, not sure if the kp came with them? if not try heating the ht up and forming them on the thigh....good luck,,,if your happy thats all that matters...

i attached a pic of the gauntlet size difference, in case anybody wants to see....

mos18_zps0ab44448.jpg

mos17_zpsf6fe2f74.jpg

thanks bro,,,

although not as posable as the reeve, you can still manage a fair share or great poses....still the reeve is king for the best in "pose"...lol

It's possible that, in time, Cavill will be every bit as iconic for the current generation.
But for those of us who were around when Reeve first donned the tights, he will always be Superman.
Not putting down Cavill.
MOS was very entertaining. And i love the figure.

What kind of glue do you guys suggest for securing some of the waist elements to the suit? It looks like the point of one of the rubber stripes has pealed off a bit and I want to re-secure it, but I want to make sure the type of glue I use doesn't eat through the suit. Any suggestions? Thanks friends.

Back