Mission: Impossible 5- Rogue Nation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this a couple nights ago. It had me fully engaged from start to finish. I like this cast together and I thought this and Ghost Protocol were a great 1-2 punch to make the series so relevant again. The motorcycle chase was epic. The girl was a great character...I loved the tension in the Opera House. I really thought it was a great action movie. Alec Baldwin was a nice addition as well.

But the trailer they showed for Spectre beforehand got me more excited for that film as well lol. Hopefully it delivers.

Well shot, acted, edited.
But Boring.
Nothing new.
Like a big mashup of all the previous films.
Team is useless, the way they bust their asses to get Pegg inside and all yet he goes in as himself trough the car checkpoint felt lazy, in ghost protocol Tom fights a senior citizen in the climax but here confronted with a worthy adversary he boxes him lol seriously...
The best thing about this movie is that Christopher McQuarrie has a big success and Will get to do more badass movies like Jack Reacher or The Way of the gun (a masterpiece).
Oh and Tom looks more and more like his cousin William Mapother...

Great If you were entertained.
Yep lot of stuff happened but they were for the most parts new version of previous scenes.
The train from MI1, the Bike chase from MI2, the infiltration...
Some would say they are the trademarks of the Franchise but im expecting to see new stuff not just rehashes in new environnements.
Basically just like Marvel there us a formula and they do it again and again using the same skeleton script.
This is why movies like these look more and more like old Tv shows where the story was the same each week just with new settings.
Good for those who had a blast.

Just got back from seeing the movie. I'm blown away.
I wasn't excited to see it at first, being the 5Th installment, I'd figured it would be a nice popcorn flick, but nothing more.
It's the best in the series!
Absolutely fun to watch, all the cast were great. 👍

Back