Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but to be fair they are going over those older designs.

Is not like they made them all up on the fly

Oh I know, I'm just saying you can't really judge Eastman and laird about those designs as back then, they probably would of been cool among the fans, most anyways. They've even got the pouches by the pound.

Of all the material that they could of used, they chose these so I'm still hating on bay and liebsman .

but to be fair they are going over those older designs.

Is not like they made them all up on the fly

No only eastman is looking over the deisngs. He's sort of a sellout. he approved of next mutation and said it was cool when it was horrible and now he is telling the fans the same thing about this movie. While Laird is mixed about the whole thing and is somewhat skeptical.

The Truth about the new Ninja Turtles:

The character designs in this film were actually done by Eastman and Laird.

Here's a little known TMNT fact: in 1994, Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman were working on a fourth TMNT film titled "The Next Mutation".
Even though the film was cancelled, Laird and Eastman designed new looks for all the turtles and Splinter.

Here are the designs, if anyone complains about the designs, you're technically hating on Eastman and Laird's work.

bytWyxh.png
vYgJqBR.png
LHe01K4.png
ZKxAB7A.png
Key word being FOURTH film. :huh :lol
They were trying to keep things fresh considering there'd been all kinds of silliness prior.

This is a new take on the origin story - sure, but it's still the beginning. In context, the Turtles should be meat & potatoes for the first film, & then there's room to do whatever after that, if the first is successful. They've just blown their collective wads all at once on this monstrosity.

I'm not blaming Eastman OR Laird in the slightest for this ****fest of a film. :lol

Just heard Megan Fox on the radio on my way to work saying she did a lot of running, jumping, fighting and yelling lines like...........'Show me what you got Shredder!'

I just about ran off the road :medic

I do hope Shred does show her though :wink1:

Just heard Megan Fox on the radio on my way to work saying she did a lot of running, jumping, fighting and yelling lines like...........'Show me what you got Shredder!'

He's gonna 'shred' her up. ;)

"Show me what you got shredder"? Oh lord.

Did no one look at the Shredder design and say "Bit much, don't ya think??'

He must walk like this :mummy to not get injured by that cape

Did no one look at the Shredder design and say "Bit much, don't ya think??'

He must walk like this :mummy to not get injured by that cape

So weird right? Everything in this movie took there personalities over the top.

Splinter actually doesn't look too bad.

I feel the figures could be great if they weren't so damn cartoony. I do like the Leo design sooo maybe I'll pick up a figure of him when I see it in person. They need a "Collector's Series" vibe like the old movie Turtles are getting.

Megan Fox looks good in that shot! :rock

Why does master splinter look like the mandarin?

Cuz hes the real mandarin dude. Didnt you hear the news? Marvel bought the rights to tmnt and splinter is now the real mandarin whom was behind the scenes all this time. So I guess in the marvel Cinematic universe the turtles are bad guys working for mandarin.

not serious

Back