Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the past couple of days, I've been meaning to mention that they're doing reshoots with Megan Fox right now, but I couldn't really bring myself to care enough about this crap.

I'd also love high end TMNT figures, from the 1990 film - like most here I imagine.

Bayonardo & Co - no thanks.

This Bayorama will likely be hitting the local bargain bin before you know it, so saying that any solid merch from HT etc would be a real gamble.. is an understatement. :lol

Yeah the 1990 version would be the best but since that's probably never going to happen I would take these. I guess I'm not as against the designs as everyone else. I probably won't even see the movie but I'd get the figures in a heart beat along with Shredder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not strange at all.. I bought Scar predator without seeing the movie. I'm already a fan of the characters so seeing the latest movie really has nothing to do with it.

The good news is, it will never happen because even people who can't speak English know this movie will suck and it would require 4 brand new bodies that could never be re-used for a bad movie. You can officially stop all hope.

We all think the movie will suck but Bay movies make a butt load of money. GI Joe Retaliation figures got made based pretty much on brand name and character design IMO. The 4 unique bodies would be a pretty big road block though I agree.

It's not just that - those movie Joe figures are just nice figures in general, so if you like military or action character style figures - or even want to use parts from them to make custom figures, they're great for those reasons too.

As mentioned, these 'aBAYminations' (coined by Nam) have little value for a high end company to invest their resources into - all things considered. When the classic versions of TMNT are so beloved, changing them for no real good reason, is going to turn off a LOT of fans. That means poor merch sales obviously, so why would they even bother? :lol

I think that biggest issue is that HT targets an older demographic with disposable income. That group has fond memories of the 90's style turtles and in general we hate the redesigned characters and story. Bay could care less about us. He is after the new generation of Transformer and Turtle fans. Toys made after these characters will do great at Target and Toys R Us but would flop coming from Hot Toys or Sideshow.

I think that biggest issue is that HT targets an older demographic with disposable income. That group has fond memories of the 90's style turtles and in general we hate the redesigned characters and story. Bay could care less about us. He is after the new generation of Transformer and Turtle fans. Toys made after these characters will do great at Target and Toys R Us but would flop coming from Hot Toys or Sideshow.
Precisely, that was the gist of my last post there. :duff

No, you can't :pfft:

Somebody, call Josh to clean the thread!

Indeed...

vacuum.gif

I don't see hot toys doing figures from this at all, avatar, the biggest film of all time only got one figure, mostly I think because developing the one use body was a pain and simply because they can never use that body again, that's alot of time and money developing something they can only use once.

Back