Michael bay to do halloween

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Halloween Pt. 3 is an awesome stand alone film. Way under rated

I wholly agree. Given it's position and name, I don't see that every changing. Even those just getting into it, who buy all the Halloween movies will get to III, expect it to be about Michael, and absolutely despise it. So it's doomed even to new audiences. :(

Im very open to Platinum Dunes doing a Halloween.
I think they've done a decent job with the other horror remakes. No problem with them taking a shot at it.
if I don't like it, I'll ignore it ... its quite simple actually ... :monkey1

I wholly agree. Given it's position and name, I don't see that every changing. Even those just getting into it, who buy all the Halloween movies will get to III, expect it to be about Michael, and absolutely despise it. So it's doomed even to new audiences. :(

Agreed 100%. For being it's own Halloween themed movie, I think it is equally as memorable but because it had III tagged to it no one will ever give it the due it deserves. I think even if Carpenter would have taken the number off of it, that would have helped. The title could have read "Halloween's Season of The Witch". I think that small change could have made a difference.

Agreed 100%. For being it's own Halloween themed movie, I think it is equally as memorable but because it had III tagged to it no one will ever give it the due it deserves. I think even if Carpenter would have taken the number off of it, that would have helped. The title could have read "Halloween's Season of The Witch". I think that small change could have made a difference.

Or remove "Halloween" from the title completely. Personally, I think "Trick-or-Treat" would've been the perfect title (and available given the Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne film didn't come out until 4 years later).

H3 should be avoided like the plague...amazing the 4 people that like it all post here.

Or remove "Halloween" from the title completely. Personally, I think "Trick-or-Treat" would've been the perfect title (and available given the Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne film didn't come out until 4 years later).

Or called it "Silver Shamrock" :)

H3 should be avoided like the plague...amazing the 4 people that like it all post here.

At least we're capable and open-minded enough to look past a failed marketing campaign. :huh :lol

Or called it "Silver Shamrock" :)

Problem with that is it does need a holiday tie-in though (Halloween without using "Halloween"). Silver Shamrock would be as equally detouring and misleading as the title it already has. :lol

According to your join date, how would you know how many people like it or post anywhere on here? :wave With that being said, your opinions are welcomed and should be voiced regardless of what they are. So..nice to meet you.

At least we're capable of looking past a failed marketing campaign. :huh :lol

Problem with that is it does need a holiday tie-in though (Halloween without using "Halloween"). Silver Shamrock would be as equally detouring and misleading as the title it already has. :lol

True... how about "8 more days till Halloween" ? :lol I know I know...that wouldn't work either because they kept counting down the days in the movie...but you get where I'm going with it if you saw the film.

True... how about "8 more days till Halloween" ? :lol I know I know...that wouldn't work either because they kept counting down the days in the movie...but you get where I'm going with it if you saw the film.

Which is exactly why I think "Trick-or-Treat" is wholly appropriate as it has the holiday tie-in desperately needed as well as describing the plot perfectly. :lol

Which is exactly why I think "Trick-or-Treat" is wholly appropriate as it has the holiday tie-in desperately needed as well as describing the plot perfectly. :lol

Yep, I just can't help but think of the other movie with that title at this point. :lol However it would have worked back then.

And the irony is that phrase would've been synonymous with the movie. :(

Yep. Hey I've got one more based on what the old man said in the movie. "Happy Halloween". :lol I know it still has the word Halloween in it but it relates.

Getting back on track with this thread, it would be cool to see that story get remade with a better budget and acting. Maybe Michael Bay would be a better fit with that movie instead having exploding heads and special effects. :)

I dunno. I don't see Halloween being made any better if packed with action and explosions. :huh :lol

Well that's why I was being a little sarcastic there because we all know that's what Bay does best. :lol However, I didn't mind the Friday The 13th remake or the Chainsaw remake so let's see what he could do with Myers.

Not to go back to far, but Im glad Im apparently 1 of 4 people that like Halloween 3. I feel bad for the people who cant see past the title and enjoy this as an awesome stand alone film.

When I think of Halloween I think atmosphere rather than action, not saying Bay couldnt do something cool, but yeah Im not sure if action sequences is what it needs. Regardless Id pay to see it.

Not to go back to far, but Im glad Im apparently 1 of 4 people that like Halloween 3. I feel bad for the people who cant see past the title and enjoy this as an awesome stand alone film.

When I think of Halloween I think atmosphere rather than action, not saying Bay couldnt do something cool, but yeah Im not sure if action sequences is what it needs. Regardless Id pay to see it.

Agreed but with part 3 having masks that melt heads and human like androids chasing people, that sounds more like Bay's cup of tea. :lol That's kind of what I meant. Having action and explosions in a Myer's Halloween world would be a big no no.

I enjoyed Halloween 3, I thought on it's own it was a pretty good flick. I think most people were just expecting Michael Myers to be in it and when he wasn't they really couldn't see past that. I have no problem with Michael Bay rebooting Halloween, seeing as how it's already been done once, and IMO quite pathetically at that. But if he is simply gonna continue either of the previous franchises, he should forget it. RZ's halloween just wasn't halloween, no suspense, no slow build up. Michael wasn't the kid who simply one day became the essence of evil, he was just another F'd up trailer trash psychopath.Big deal . If MB can take it back to it's roots, then go for it.

Agreed but with part 3 having masks that melt heads and human like androids chasing people, that sounds more like Bay's cup of tea. :lol That's kind of what I meant. Having action and explosions in a Myer's Halloween world would be a big no no.

ahh i get what your saying man.

Back