Mezco One 12: Conan the Barbarian (Frank Franzetta)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping this is still coming out next month. One of my most anticipated figures this year.

How awesome would it be to get a Death Dealer figure with red glowing eyes light up feature. He's not a Conan character (I don't think), but he would be a great companion piece to display along with Conan.

HyNGdvU.jpg
vU3qz5J.jpg
Ym0JHwb.jpg
Du6ZLkT.jpg
Gt5gynt.jpg
fIHcoba.jpg

rzOf7kE.jpg
fqcphTC.jpg
PzoVq12.jpg

Yup Death Dealer is a reality. I noticed he and Conan have the same scimitar sword (mainly because that was Death Dealer's actual sword) but it fits for both characters.

Have to say I much prefer the flesh tones. While I will definitely get it, I’m not that keen on the Skeletor blue.

I had no idea this was even a thing.

dCd0IKq.jpg
Before he died he was Conan. Lmao Now we know that Death Dealer original concept was based on Conan's look. But I guess Frazetta thought this would look better for Conan instead of Death Dealer and so used this concept to build Conan's actual look. I feel Frank could have been a comic book artist at the time and would have brought his own amazing art to the type of genre.

So there's another 1/12 Death Dealer by another company.:gah:

yM4lW58.jpg
iaa99AK.jpg
ddr1P2r.jpg
QkbDfdM.jpg
2ZjRaAh.jpg
gRG53ET.jpg
Okf2mpQ.jpg
klU1qgs.jpg
LEqdq65.jpg
These guys made the 1/6th Death Dealer I really wish they would make a Frazetta Conan in 1/6th with a newer seamless body that matches the body type frank drew for Conan. I'd drop money for that but it's not happening so I have to settle with a custom.

Before he died he was Conan. Lmao Now we know that Death Dealer original concept was based on Conan's look. But I guess Frazetta thought this would look better for Conan instead of Death Dealer and so used this concept to build Conan's actual look. I feel Frank could have been a comic book artist at the time and would have brought his own amazing art to the type of genre.

He started out his career in comics as a teen prodigy in the late 40's and into the 50's. Lots of lesser known stuff (Buck Rogers, an alternate "Ghost Rider", lil Abner). Please google it. He had an N.C. Wyeth feel to his paintings and was more selective with details in order to lead your eye around the picture. His comic book art is nothing but detail with line art so dynamic, it flows so much better than a one shot static pose. He was an absolute master!

3d95cc4190b59bb419660501fa6eacca.jpg

frazettatarzanrip.jpg

c94d64611106be30826983e2a7ee5c56.jpg

frazetta%u00252Bportfolio%u00252B%u002525281%u00252529.jpg

607fef5c6f395f9d42c044d599d8019c.jpg

Back