Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question. Anyone here think Mezco's Batman Beyond is worth the current ebay prices, new? It's about $215 with shipping. It's really tempting, but that price seems steep, especially since there aren't really any Batman Beyond era villains to go with him.

I just grabbed one for a little less than that price and he looks really good. Better than the DC Direct one. My plan is to get one of the old Bruce Wayne Supreme Knight heads and make a custom Old Bruce to go with him.

Still need to hunt down a Deathstroke as well.

Quick question. Anyone here think Mezco's Batman Beyond is worth the current ebay prices, new? It's about $215 with shipping. It's really tempting, but that price seems steep, especially since there aren't really any Batman Beyond era villains to go with him.

I think it's a terrific figure, weird how it got slept on for so long. People were selling them for retail or less for like a year after release.

I think it's a terrific figure, weird how it got slept on for so long. People were selling them for retail or less for like a year after release.

++1. Great figure and accessories. Keep stalking it and you will find it a bit cheaper. He definitely stands out among all the other Batmen!

My only Mezco, it's perfect as it is without mods.

Studio Session-1624 RZ.jpg

Just ordered my Supreme Knight Shadow Edition. Amazingly smooth transaction, one of the few from Mezco's site.

Pretty excited for it though. The original version wasn't doing it for me because of the suit material, but this one seems better to me, plus the interchangeable insignias is a great touch!

I missed it. Wait list is up. Hope I have a good chance. Was this a preorder or an in stock?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maybe I am crazy:cuckoo:, but the Shadow Edition Supreme looks like it is on the regular Bat body, and not the Supreme Bat body. The printed armor pattern is the same as the PX Sovereign Batman and I doubt that suit would fit on the bulky Supreme body. Anyone else notice this?

Screencap from D-Amazing's review video:
MDX Supreme Knight and normal.jpg

Maybe I am crazy:cuckoo:, but the Shadow Edition Supreme looks like it is on the regular Bat body, and not the Supreme Bat body. The printed armor pattern is the same as the PX Sovereign Batman and I doubt that suit would fit on the bulky Supreme body. Anyone else notice this?

Screencap from D-Amazing's review video:
View attachment 495670
They appear to be on the same body, but S a result there is visibly more space between the "plates" of the sovereign suit.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Man this One:12 collection has really gone through the toilets, very sad. I hate this new collection with a passion. One has to wonder what happened, they had gold between their hands, they had everything and they blew it. It was my favorite figure line.

I used to be a huge One:12 collector, had them all, even the Black & White Dark Knight Returns, the PRCC Dark Knights Returns (which was a paaain in the *** to find, worst than B&W), and ended up selling most of my collection including the rarest ones (to real collectors, not resellers, I made sure of that) when I felt they were taking the wrong turn. Too much color swaps, too much vinyl on the materials, too many Batman. Way too many exclusives. And most of all, I hate that they desperately needed to add their "touch". They ended up *******ing everything up.

I hadn't seen what the collection was at in a long time, and now I see their new thing is "Gomez". I definitely made the right decision selling most of my collection. Craziest thing is that those Gomez figures sell for a lot, just because they are exclusives ahaha.

Most of the newest additions have vinyl on their clothes, it's absolutely hideous and won't last in the long term.
The worst thing is the design. Why did they go in this direction? It's just bad. It began with subtle changes that I could tolerate (even though I never accepted the sticker on Red Son Superman, wtf happened with that figure) to absolute nonsense garbage.

Their take on Batman with "Supreme" Knight & the previous ones is terrible. I'm not even going to talk about their Jokers, let alone Cable and so on, ugh. Utterly terrible.

Their first figure, The Dark Knight Returns, was PERFECT!
I remember seeing it in a store in Paris, years ago, I was just amazed. It was THE figure. Their Spock was extremely cool too. Vintage, retro, classy. It was CLASSY. Timeless.

I loved their picks, sometimes very odd (like Clockwork Orange) but always with taste.
Then they decided to make figures from recent movies. I was a bit surprised, but I was extremely pleased with the Batman V Superman figures, especially Knightmare Batman. At the time, they just adapted the designs very faithfully, sometimes with minor changes.

Now they just do whatever they want with any character, and sometimes, very rarely, they will release a 100% faithful figure. It should be the other way around.

I saw they were planning to make a Predator figure, I saw the prototype. That's the best figure they made in YEARS. Even they must know this. But who knows if they will actually release it? They seem more occupied with their own take on Batman & the unecessary Gomez army.

One other thing that always pissed me off is that they almost never finish a line. They never completed the Dark Knight Returns line. We never got a TDKR Joker, or a TDKR Superman. But we got like 5 or 6 versions of TDKR Batman. That's a huge missed opportunity.

They release 10 Batman for one Joker. Did they ever make a Robin or Nightwing?

One of the last figures I would have bought was Batman Beyond. I actually love the show (well not in its entirety, but some episodes are excellent), and I was very excited when they announced a One:12 Batman Beyond figure. And again, they decided to do their own take on it. Looks terrible. They should just have stuck with the original material, and with SIMPLE material that will last for a very long time. WHY ADD VINYL EVERYWHERE? And what's with that trend to put the Bat Emblem in 3D? It's UGLY. Just sew it properly on the clothes dammit.

There are just too many things going wrong with Mezco One 12. They went "modern" when they should have stayed retro & classy.

Fortunately, I have my faith on another brand right now: Limtoys. What they did with the 1/12 Venom Snake figure is beyond amazing. It's a very complicated design (both the headsculpt and the costume) and they completely nailed it with the proper materials, and tons of accessories for a very reasonable price.

Mezco on the other hand, if it's not an exclusive, you don't get much, and the prices go crazier & crazier. They said it was a matter of plastic & materials getting more & more expensive, but it's clearly not when you see what Limtoys can do. Sure I understand the licence is expensive, but what does Mezco really pay on the licence when they completely ignore the real designs?

If Limtoys can pull off what they did with Venom Snake with more figures, they will become number 1 on the 1/12 market.

Man this One:12 collection has really gone through the toilets, very sad. I hate this new collection with a passion. One has to wonder what happened, they had gold between their hands, they had everything and they blew it. It was my favorite figure line.

I used to be a huge One:12 collector, had them all, even the Black & White Dark Knight Returns, the PRCC Dark Knights Returns (which was a paaain in the *** to find, worst than B&W), and ended up selling most of my collection including the rarest ones (to real collectors, not resellers, I made sure of that) when I felt they were taking the wrong turn. Too much color swaps, too much vinyl on the materials, too many Batman. Way too many exclusives. And most of all, I hate that they desperately needed to add their "touch". They ended up *******ing everything up.

I hadn't seen what the collection was at in a long time, and now I see their new thing is "Gomez". I definitely made the right decision selling most of my collection. Craziest thing is that those Gomez figures sell for a lot, just because they are exclusives ahaha.

Most of the newest additions have vinyl on their clothes, it's absolutely hideous and won't last in the long term.
The worst thing is the design. Why did they go in this direction? It's just bad. It began with subtle changes that I could tolerate (even though I never accepted the sticker on Red Son Superman, wtf happened with that figure) to absolute nonsense garbage.

Their take on Batman with "Supreme" Knight & the previous ones is terrible. I'm not even going to talk about their Jokers, let alone Cable and so on, ugh. Utterly terrible.

Their first figure, The Dark Knight Returns, was PERFECT!
I remember seeing it in a store in Paris, years ago, I was just amazed. It was THE figure. Their Spock was extremely cool too. Vintage, retro, classy. It was CLASSY. Timeless.

I loved their picks, sometimes very odd (like Clockwork Orange) but always with taste.
Then they decided to make figures from recent movies. I was a bit surprised, but I was extremely pleased with the Batman V Superman figures, especially Knightmare Batman. At the time, they just adapted the designs very faithfully, sometimes with minor changes.

Now they just do whatever they want with any character, and sometimes, very rarely, they will release a 100% faithful figure. It should be the other way around.

I saw they were planning to make a Predator figure, I saw the prototype. That's the best figure they made in YEARS. Even they must know this. But who knows if they will actually release it? They seem more occupied with their own take on Batman & the unecessary Gomez army.

One other thing that always pissed me off is that they almost never finish a line. They never completed the Dark Knight Returns line. We never got a TDKR Joker, or a TDKR Superman. But we got like 5 or 6 versions of TDKR Batman. That's a huge missed opportunity.

They release 10 Batman for one Joker. Did they ever make a Robin or Nightwing?

One of the last figures I would have bought was Batman Beyond. I actually love the show (well not in its entirety, but some episodes are excellent), and I was very excited when they announced a One:12 Batman Beyond figure. And again, they decided to do their own take on it. Looks terrible. They should just have stuck with the original material, and with SIMPLE material that will last for a very long time. WHY ADD VINYL EVERYWHERE? And what's with that trend to put the Bat Emblem in 3D? It's UGLY. Just sew it properly on the clothes dammit.

There are just too many things going wrong with Mezco One 12. They went "modern" when they should have stayed retro & classy.

Fortunately, I have my faith on another brand right now: Limtoys. What they did with the 1/12 Venom Snake figure is beyond amazing. It's a very complicated design (both the headsculpt and the costume) and they completely nailed it with the proper materials, and tons of accessories for a very reasonable price.

Mezco on the other hand, if it's not an exclusive, you don't get much, and the prices go crazier & crazier. They said it was a matter of plastic & materials getting more & more expensive, but it's clearly not when you see what Limtoys can do. Sure I understand the licence is expensive, but what does Mezco really pay on the licence when they completely ignore the real designs?

If Limtoys can pull off what they did with Venom Snake with more figures, they will become number 1 on the 1/12 market.
Limtoys doesn't pay for licenses, so of course they can do more for a lower price.

Limtoys doesn't pay for licenses, so of course they can do more for a lower price.

Sure but my point was Mezco said the prices went up because the plastic & materials don't get any cheaper. When you look at the latest Limtoys figure, it doesn't look like the plastic & material made the figure jump in price.

Also, the irony regarding "paying for the licence": sure, Limtoys doesn't pay for the licence, but their Metal Gear figures look EXACTLY like their in-game designs. They are perfectionists!
On the other hand, Mezco paid for the Batman Beyond licence, and their figure looks nothing like what Terry wears in Batman Beyond.
Isn't it ironic?

As a customer, I don't care if the company paid for the licence or not. A lot of companies charge WAY too much for the licence. As a customer, I care for the quality of the product! I care for the style and the materials used, things Mezco totally forgot somewhere along the line.

I'm right there with you man, only I got out a LOT sooner.

The only One:12s I own are the black DKR, the blue DKR, and the Mezco Exclusive DKR.

I got turned off pretty early on by not being able to get the one I thought looked best, the PRCC version. And I'll never own it.

I was all set to complete the Dark Knight figures and see where they'd go next, and then they just started churning out that Mez-Flair crap and I refused to buy any of them. How could they have been so painfully accurate to Dark Knight and never even come close to that again?

I stayed away for about five years.

But then they finally offered that Keaton Batman they promised, and even though they pulled a bait and switch at the last minute, I pre-ordered it. I'm sure I'll regret it, but whatever, it's Keaton Batman. At least I wasn't wasting money on these the last five years chasing Mezflair Batman variants and Gomez figures in different colors.

Their Marvel stuff is ugly as hell, too. If they'd just stuck with a Jim Lee or Art Adams looking Wolverine, I wouldn't be able to give them my money fast enough.

Oh well. At least there's tons of options these days.

The new Mafex Dark Knight has made the Mezcos rather obsolete, in my opinion.

I've never stopped *watching* Mezco because they do what few others do, but after an incredibly promising and interesting start they went down a path I wasn't going to follow; I'm aware I'm in a ONE:12 thread so I won't go on about why I don't like them. And yet they're very popular and aftermarket prices seem to be almost uniformly nuts, so maybe I'm in the minority.

I remember the Ashley Wood stuff went bonkers for a long time but you don't really hear about it anymore; not sure if it still has its fans but I don't think they really put out product anymore either...

I'm very interested to see how Keaton Bats turns out, but that bait and switch is a *real* shame.

I'm right there with you man, only I got out a LOT sooner.

The only One:12s I own are the black DKR, the blue DKR, and the Mezco Exclusive DKR.

I got turned off pretty early on by not being able to get the one I thought looked best, the PRCC version. And I'll never own it.

I was all set to complete the Dark Knight figures and see where they'd go next, and then they just started churning out that Mez-Flair crap and I refused to buy any of them. How could they have been so painfully accurate to Dark Knight and never even come close to that again?

I stayed away for about five years.

But then they finally offered that Keaton Batman they promised, and even though they pulled a bait and switch at the last minute, I pre-ordered it. I'm sure I'll regret it, but whatever, it's Keaton Batman. At least I wasn't wasting money on these the last five years chasing Mezflair Batman variants and Gomez figures in different colors.

Their Marvel stuff is ugly as hell, too. If they'd just stuck with a Jim Lee or Art Adams looking Wolverine, I wouldn't be able to give them my money fast enough.

Oh well. At least there's tons of options these days.

The new Mafex Dark Knight has made the Mezcos rather obsolete, in my opinion.

You definitely kept the best figures of the line ; )
The PRCC one was my favorite color scheme and sadly extremely hard to get, I managed to get him because we bought a lot with other collectors, we managed to get a good deal and split the loot. I sold him some time later for over $1000 which was crazy, it certainly wasn't worth it to me. Plus you can't really manipulate them too much, you never know what could crack, so it's no fun.

About the Mafex TDKR, they nailed the design, but I absolutely can't stand figures without clothes now. The Mezco TDKR is still unbeaten in my book. They could improve over the original though, with a better body and a better headsculpt, but with the direction they've taken, we'll never see it.

I hope more companies use clothes on their figures, I don't understand how so much companies still produces 100% plastic figures. I do understand they want to make money, but as far as I'm concerned, it looks cheap & childish and I'm not interested. The SH Figuarts Dragon Ball figures for example: they should definitely make them with clothes. Android 17 & 18 would look killer with proper clothes. I guess that's the direction they'll take eventually once they're done with the current line which is clearly designed for kids. Maybe they'll make fully clothed figures once they feel their public has aged.

Back