Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers to those who got the other 2 versions, but looking at them side by side with the black one, I'm happy I only bought that one, I ended up liking it more than the dark blue one.

So I ordered an extra black and grey from Amazon Japan at a horribly exorbinant price and I'm gonna pull the old switcheroo....return the broken one and keep the good one. Since my retailer doesn't have stock to replace the damaged one. Amazon has great customer service so I hope it won't be a problem. Hope it works.

I still have the Previews and Mezco versions on the way, but I consider the black one the MAIN version, so I just couldn't live with the ripped up sleeve on mine. Toy collector OCD sucks.....I'd let it slide on a $20 figure but not something like this.

Me too. Keep checking the UPS link and it is still at processed. Ugh.....

Frustrating isn't it? Got shipping notice from bbts for previews blue version. Not arriving till next Thursday. That will be my favorite one! I do not understand mezco slow shipping processing time. No movement since march 26? Oh well, I guess patience is a virtue.:dunno

So I ordered an extra black and grey from Amazon Japan at a horribly exorbinant price and I'm gonna pull the old switcheroo....return the broken one and keep the good one. Since my retailer doesn't have stock to replace the damaged one. Amazon has great customer service so I hope it won't be a problem. Hope it works.

I still have the Previews and Mezco versions on the way, but I consider the black one the MAIN version, so I just couldn't live with the ripped up sleeve on mine. Toy collector OCD sucks.....I'd let it slide on a $20 figure but not something like this.

Hope they do not offer you a replacement only bro. That would suck.

I am so glad I kept my preorders for all 3 versions. Kevin Smith getting his free one really pushed the sales and getting bats sold out I guess?

due to the popularity of this first wave im hoping they consider doing a 2nd wave of same batman figs but miller style battle damage. the torso of black/grey could be skin colored, rip in front of suit at side of belly revealing it all bloody and cut under post joker battle. be epic all hunched over gripping that wound pose. suit could be stained in that area with red around rip so appears to have been bleeding etc

excuse my bad PS mock up but imagine the blue/grey battle damage look like this to feature the miller style purple bloody lip etc and possibly ripped knucks on the gloved fists to reveal skin underneath just painted on of course.

QWa5hoS.jpg

more great shots. my anticipation grows every time i see the photo's in this thread. Mine are due to arrive on weds :) .

i was never really a fan of this book when i read it originally in 1987, the art was grittier than i was used to and the story too close to the knuckle and in all honesty shocking. Batman and I were growing up and I'm not sure i was really down with that. My Batman was still living in the world of the brave and the bold and being drawn by jim aparo. As time has passed i definitely admire the work that it was, and i really enjoy the animated movie.(even if the vocabulary is even more ridiculous now than it was then :)-'she don't shiv'. did anybody ever really talk like that?ever? ). watched the movie again several times in anticipation of this figure.

the dark knight returns isn't my favorite batman book. but this figure just looks incredible and epitomizes the Dark Knight book perfectly, it may just be my favorite Batman figure of all time.

So here's some pics of the detached left sleeve riding up and exposing the plastic underneath. I boxed that one up and will be returning it.

arm1.jpg

arm2.jpg

Thankfully my replacement SEEMS to be in perfect working order. I admit I'm probably handling it more carefully than others are because of my bad experience with my first figure. But yeah man...this thing is awesome.

Here he is showing what a relic the 10 year old DC Direct figure has become (but to be fair, I still really like that sculpt! Not poseable at all but still a cool figure!)

Mezdcd.jpg

And a side by side with the Black and White Statue

Millers.jpg

Oh, and in case you're wondering...I liked the way the stand looked with the white cardboard insert under it, so I just trimmed a little off the sides and stuck it under there. It stays in just fine and I think it "pops" more.

Well, I finally got a perfect Previews one that is thankfully problem free like the regular black and grey I got from Walmart a couple of weeks back so I'm good. Here is the dud that I'm going to try and return,

Sticky adhesive crap on the chest symbol (took a while for the camera to pick it up),

image.jpg

Missing bolt on the sniper rifle,

image.jpg

Fabric suit doesn't tuck in under the leg and it has two right feet. They put the left foot into the right boot sleeve the wrong way.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hopefully it's just a dud and other people don't experience this. Like I said, I ended up getting a perfect Previews blue and grey and a perfect Regular black and grey so I don't know what happened.

Well, I finally got a perfect Previews one that is thankfully problem free like the regular black and grey I got from Walmart a couple of weeks back so I'm good. Here is the dud that I'm going to try and return,

Sticky adhesive crap on the chest symbol (took a while for the camera to pick it up),

View attachment 177381

Missing bolt on the sniper rifle,

View attachment 177382

Fabric suit doesn't tuck in under the leg and it has two right feet. They put the left foot into the right boot sleeve the wrong way.

View attachment 177384
View attachment 177385
View attachment 177386

Hopefully it's just a dud and other people don't experience this. Like I said, I ended up getting a perfect Previews blue and grey and a perfect Regular black and grey so I don't know what happened.

Wow thanks Difabio for sharing..where did you get that dud from a LCS or online?

Yeah, the left boot foot is designed to be popped off for the boot holster foot. You could glue down the suit to the plastic leg/thigh and pop the boot back in. Not sure about the arm cuffs/gauntlets though. I haven't tried to pop those off because I haven't had the sleeve elbow problem other people are having.

With the one above that I took pics of, there's isn't enough fabric to pull down to the boot/peg for the boot to hide. It's cut uneven. Something I suspect has happened to people with the elbows.

for real man.......that is just plain uncool and unacceptable. just like what i had to deal with.

the left leg is one thing.....it was designed to have the boot pop off. the other limbs are another story altogether.

Well, I got two perfect ones so I'm not really bugged by it. I won't be suffering from any loss since that one will just be a return.

I'm sure these are just isolated incidents for the most part. Other than some assembly issues, I think overall they have great quality control. Atleast limbs and joints aren't broken and the paint apps all seem good. The weird left/right boot situation in particular seems like an assembly fluke, that's all.

They're still way better made than most figures. No snags, solid paint, etc.

....................i hope those very egrigious production snafus are the exceptions and not the rule.

I'll be paying very close attention to all cases, especially after my own personal experience. But of course I hope for nothing but the best for all future consumers.....

Well, I got two perfect ones so I'm not really bugged by it. I won't be suffering from any loss since that one will just be a return.

I'm sure these are just isolated incidents for the most part. Other than some assembly issues, I think overall they have great quality control. Atleast limbs and joints aren't broken and the paint apps all seem good. The weird left/right boot situation in particular seems like an assembly fluke, that's all.

They're still way better made than most figures. No snags, solid paint, etc.

So Difabio, did you get the messed up one online

Back