Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do customs, but who ever has these. Is it possible to remove the Batman chest emblem? Maybe someone will make iron on Batman emblems in the future.

We will be doing a full review of it, so pics and video forthcoming. :)

Sallah

How about some shots with dc universe figs, and marvel legends figs to gage size and how they fit/look together until your review is up? So that we may live vicariously through you:)

View attachment 168679
Iconic picture of Batman in blue/gray. A reason why I had to get the mezco online exclusive figure.

That's an interesting cover, because it was either a mistake or they didn't care about the small details. That picture depicts Batman after the first fight with the Mutant leader, which is why he's got the light blue and the 3 scratches on his chest, but for some reason they didn't draw the yellow emblem?

That's an interesting cover, because it was either a mistake or they didn't care about the small details. That picture depicts Batman after the first fight with the Mutant leader, which is why he's got the light blue and the 3 scratches on his chest, but for some reason they didn't draw the yellow emblem?

Yeah, I'm watching the animated movie right now, don't kwow where I put my graphic novel.

Hope sales are good and they make the armored Batsuit. Damn, even his Batmobile too.

So not only do you HAVE the B+W version, Sallah...you got it for FREE???

Sonuva....

Well, I'll be living vicarously through your review then.

Mezco DOES love their gratutious repaints, but this one kinda makes sense cause I'm fairly sure there are shots in the book that are close to black and white. Besides, it looks damn cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the first forum member to actually get his hands on one of these! Give us all the glorious details!!

Here in Japan, toys usually have a firm release date, which I quite like actually. Unlike the State where you just have to wait until something is on the shelves, we usually know exactly when to expect toys. The first version (black cape, black symbol) was slated to be released here on February 26th.

BUT...it just got pushed back to March 26th. Damn it!! I don't know if the dock strike affects us or not. No idea how these are distributed. You'd THINK they'd just come right over from China/Hong Kong but a lot of times we don't get American toys in Japan til way later, as if they are going all the way to the States and then BACK to Asia. I have no idea. All I know is I won't have one of these figures for another month at least.

Oh well. First world problems.

Saw this on FB.

NC1msPa.jpg

How about some shots with dc universe figs, and marvel legends figs to gage size and how they fit/look together until your review is up? So that we may live vicariously through you:)

Ask and ye shall receive. :)

Our full review should be up really soon... But my first impression- This is a game changer. Mezco just created a whole new collector market. This lives up to the hype.

Sallah

GAAAAHHH!!!!

Amazing. Simply amazing.

"Game changer." I kept thinking that watching the interview on toy pizza. These guys just reinvented the wheel. They brought high-end figures to the rest of us.

Not only is it incredible simply from a design and logistical point of view, but it's literally my favorite incarnation of Batman in his 75 year history. Without hyperbole this is my most desired figure.

God look at how it outshines the DCC and Mattel offerings. Like bringing a lightsaber to a knife fight.

(and damn you again Sallah now I'm gonna have to buy him a horse!)

GAAAAHHH!!!!

Amazing. Simply amazing.

"Game changer." I kept thinking that watching the interview on toy pizza. These guys just reinvented the wheel. They brought high-end figures to the rest of us.

Not only is it incredible simply from a design and logistical point of view, but it's literally my favorite incarnation of Batman in his 75 year history. Without hyperbole this is my most desired figure.

God look at how it outshines the DCC and Mattel offerings. Like bringing a lightsaber to a knife fight.

(and damn you again Sallah now I'm gonna have to buy him a horse!)

Once more people have these in hand, I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of rallying for more companies to embrace this scale/ style. Playing aorund with him for just these preview pics was a blast. It was like getting all the presence & extras of a Hot Toys figure, but with the playability & fun of a DC Universe Classics. Just a perfect combination.

I am sure other companies are going to jump on this form of figure in the near future... but if Mezco keeps up this quality on future releases, they have nothing to worry about.

Sallah

Totally agree with you sallah... I think this is the game changer when everyone realize the price of 1/6 is getting total joke they come with 1/12 scale in very high end details. I wish they making 1/12 for animated series

Once more people have these in hand, I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of rallying for more companies to embrace this scale/ style. Playing aorund with him for just these preview pics was a blast. It was like getting all the presence & extras of a Hot Toys figure, but with the playability & fun of a DC Universe Classics. Just a perfect combination.

[...]

Looking over the photos (thanks for those) it looks very much like a hybrid of 1/12 durability/playability and 1/6 quality/finish.

i.e. Tailored textiles for realistic texture hiding some of the articulation, mated with what look to be robust and relatively exposed joints and durable sculpted plastic details.

This exact same figure would not necessarily sell the illusion in 1/6 scale but in this format it doesn't need to.

Upon first impression it's not so much a scaled down 1/6 figure as it is something entirely new. Figures like this have their precedents but not at this level of quality or for properties like this.

It'll be very interesting to see where this goes, but given the price point this remains a niche product. As I've said elsewhere, I'd rather pay more for higher production value every time but don't have a desire to go crazy on 1/6, so for me the potential here is very interesting.

Totally agree with you sallah... I think this is the game changer when everyone realize the price of 1/6 is getting total joke they come with 1/12 scale in very high end details. I wish they making 1/12 for animated series

I've heard this a lot and I sort of agree with it but it's maybe not so clear cut. The initial cash outlay and opportunity cost for a higher-priced 1/6 figure is non-trivial, but how does one measure value for products like this?

There are Marvel Legends collectors that have thousands of dollars invested in their collections; does quantity trump quality? Or is it a completist mentality for those who want to be "world builders" rather than owning a piece of their favourite property/franchise?

Space issues can restrict what's viable for a person to collect, but again, we come up against quantity vs. quality.

I also find value difficult to measure because we're not talking about necessities here. These are useless luxury goods which renders value entirely subjective.

I've always thought 12 inch figures were too big....3 3/4 too small. Like Goldilocks, I think the 6 inch scale is juuuust right. Ever since it emerged as the industry standard for a little while, I've been happy.

Space and cost are factors for sure. And the fragility of some of the 1/6th stuff. Not to mention that lingering stigma of the past that 12 inch figures with clothes are DOLLS. Well...they are.

What Mezco has done here just fits my collecting preferences like a glove. I'm already making dream lists of properties and characters I want them to do next!

Back