Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I eventually play this and I'm not 100% satisfied.......................i'll be donning my best turtle hunting galoshes and twatty flat cap for murderings.

I've seen way more negative reactions of people that played it than positive.

I mean I went into this fully expecting it to be short... however how short the main mission still took me by surprise. People had compare it to the the Tanker mission of MGS2 or Virtuous Mission of MGS3? In my opinion no where near the size of those levels. I played it very casual, no rushing, got caught a few times and had to do sections over and over, and I still only clocked in at 1 hour and 15mins. Basically its everything we seen in the trailers with a little bit of gameplay sprinkled in the middle.

When I eventually play this and I'm not 100% satisfied.......................i'll be donning my best turtle hunting galoshes and twatty flat cap for murderings.

WTF :lol

I mean I went into this fully expecting it to be short... however how short the main mission was still took me by surprise. People had compare it to the the Tanker mission of MGS2 or Virtuous Mission of MGS3? In my opinion no where near the size of those levels. I played it very casual, no rushing, got caught a few times and had to do sections over and over, and I still only clocked in at 1 hour and 15mins. Basically its everything we seen in the trailers with a little bit of gameplay sprinkled in the middle.

I think the game length wouldn't sting as much if the it was sold cheaper.

Should be getting GZ tomorrow, Over here in the UK its not been sent early by any retailers, so i ve been a good boy and kept myself spoiler free! Though. i'll only have one day to play, then off to Poland for a week. :) BBBRAAPPP

You'll definitely get through the main mission. Maybe you should try and find a walk through to find all the tapes, if not you can listen to them on YouTube.

Got it early! Very happy, cant wait to check it out. Back to College I go, only came home to check it was here.

Nice!

I forgot this thread exists due to Raiden stealing all the thunder. Pun intended.

That Raiden figure is a thing of beauty! Now that's a figure I will actually be spending my hard earned money on.

As long as you play it, this turtle can die in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are wimps with this "emotional, time and money investment in the series"! Try being a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan...ya'll are small-time haha. :duh:duh:naughty

You guys are wimps with this "emotional, time and money investment in the series"! Try being a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan...ya'll are small-time haha. :duh:duh:naughty

At least they got Superbowl's under their belt, the Eagles have been pieces of utter TopHat for years.

Some more reviews.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/20/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes

As the game makes clear over and over, these are legally non-people, stateless individuals that nobody wants and nobody is coming to save – except in a video game. They are non-people being gradually broken-down because that's what this place exists for; the ground-down zeroes of Ground Zeroes. It is surprising, and not a little depressing, that all people want to talk about with this game is the running time.

They gave it 5/5

https://www.nydailynews.com/enterta...-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-article-1.1726740

But in a cost-free vacuum, this is a tremendous and addictive experience, filled with compelling gameplay. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is not a game that everyone will appreciate now, not at its price, and not with Phantom Pain still far from release, and you can’t be blamed for waiting.
Thing is, you will want this game, if only because it sets up the events of Phantom Pain, and is essentially a first chapter to that game. And you’ll want to replay this game despite its supershort campaign. You’ll do so not only to perfect a brand of stealth that begins in clumsy fashion, but also to unlock a series of bits for your own Mother Base in Phantom Pain, a carryover element that makes Ground Zeroes a must-own.
Do you need Ground Zeroes now? No.
But eventually, you will.

Read more: https://www.nydailynews.com/enterta...ground-zeroes-article-1.1726740#ixzz2wWIk5wTf

4/5

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Metal-Gear-Solid-5-Ground-Zeroes-Review-Quite-Outer-Heaven-62897.html

All in all, Ground Zeroes has made me very excited for The Phantom Pain to finally arrive, even if there’s no telling when that might actually happen. Taken as an appetizer meant to set the table for the main course, it absolutely achieves its goal. It’s just disappointing that this first taste of Metal Gear Solid V lacked much flavor or enough content to sate my appetite for the time being.

3/5 but seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

tumblr_static_shoshanna__1_.gif

... I guess I did a good thing avoiding this thread :lol

btw, I've seen almost every review out there.. everybody loves this :love I guess it really is replayable, btw pturtle I've seen the Deja Vu mission its sick! it was weird to hear Snake screaming "LIQUID!!!!" with a different voice though :lol but it was awesome, I didn't spoil the Jamais Vu mission, I want to play that :lecture

tumblr_static_shoshanna__1_.gif

... I guess I did a good thing avoiding this thread :lol

btw, I've seen almost every review out there.. everybody loves this :love I guess it really is replayable, btw pturtle I've seen the Deja Vu mission its sick! it was weird to hear Snake screaming "LIQUID!!!!" with a different voice though :lol but it was awesome, I didn't spoil the Jamais Vu mission, I want to play that :lecture

Yea, I really enjoyed it. I played the whole mission with the “Resurgence” theme playing on the walkman. I’m actually going to spoil the Jamais Vu mission for myself right now, since I would get a chance to try it.

Yea, I really enjoyed it. I played the whole mission with the “Resurgence” theme playing on the walkman. I’m actually going to spoil the Jamais Vu mission for myself right now, since I would get a chance to try it.

I hope the Jamais Vu mission has some unlockables

btw, I found a really good fan art of Big Boss

LqPhVAu.jpg

:drool

Just completed Ground Zeroes. Was good, I found the final cutscene a lot more important than the whole mission.

I completed it in 1hr 10mins. Kiefer was good in gameplay, the sneeze noise we heard in the gameplay trailer was actually a guard with a cold. Kiefer in the last cutscene was a bit... 'Jack Bauer'. Some badass moments in the game, was quite fun.

I'd give it 8/10 based on the main mission.

My main complaint is how it runs on the PS3, but this isn't the games fault but rather the system. The frames per second feels awful, you can see the jaggedness of it, especially when running and it isn't the smoothest looking, text especially, even on menus.

I enjoyed it and was worth a purchase for me but people who aren't buying it because of the length should stick to waiting and anyone who isn't a big time fan should avoid it at all costs.

Just completed Ground Zeroes. Was good, I found the final cutscene a lot more important than the whole mission.

I completed it in 1hr 10mins. Kiefer was good in gameplay, the sneeze noise we heard in the gameplay trailer was actually a guard with a cold. Kiefer in the last cutscene was a bit... 'Jack Bauer'. Some badass moments in the game, was quite fun.

I'd give it 8/10 based on the main mission.

My main complaint is how it runs on the PS3, but this isn't the games fault but rather the system. The frames per second feels awful, you can see the jaggedness of it, especially when running and it isn't the smoothest looking, text especially, even on menus.

I enjoyed it and was worth a purchase for me but people who aren't buying it because of the length should stick to waiting and anyone who isn't a big time fan should avoid it at all costs.

I agree with everything you said.

Back