Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense, but you don’t have it, so your recommendation or lack of recommendation would come just from seeing trailers, and a smaller percentage of reviews.

I don't see how playing the game has any bearing on that, turtles. Just as how I wouldn't recommend Aliens Colonial Marines to anyone, even though that I haven't played that either (although, that's an extreme example).

I've watched enough reviews and played though videos to make a good assessment on whether I believe that this is a good investment or not. Especially for someone such as myself who has invested years into this series, I have certain levels of expectations from Kojima/Konami that I firmly believe haven't been met in this release, for me to justify spending full price on it.

JeremyJahns, what a guy. Love his reviews, glad to see he sees the game in positive light as I always tend to have similar opinions as him. Hoping I get this in the post tomorrow and I can really see if it was worth it!

I don't see how playing the game has any bearing on that, turtles. Just as how I wouldn't recommend Aliens Colonial Marines to anyone, even though that I haven't played that either (although, that's an extreme example).

I've watched enough reviews and played though videos to make a good assessment on whether I believe that this is a good investment or not. Especially for someone such as myself who has invested years into this series, I have certain levels of expectations from Kojima/Konami that I firmly believe haven't been met in this release, for me to justify spending full price on it.

Have you seen the entire game? Did you experience every cutscene? Have you watched every side mission? I think its kind of unfair to recommend something without even seeing most of it, especially the essentials, in action. Of course you can do whatever you want though.

Both emotionally and financially. And by financially I mean more than just a small fortune. The same can't be said about some people here though.

Both emotionally and financially. And by financially I mean more than just a small fortune. The same can't be said about some people here though.

I couldn't have said it better myself :rotfl. It's at least gratifying to know that there are other long time fans of MGS who aren't buying into the hype for this demo disguised as a game.

Now, if Konami packages GZ with TPP (which they should have done, instead) then that would be something worthy of this series for me to purchase.

Hmm. So, someone who doesn't spend a "small fortune" on all things MGS has less say on a game series they are a fan of?

That's comedy.

Not everyone is the same, Collectibles (of any kind) are expensive and out of reach for many. Last I checked this was a thread dedicated to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. So, someone who doesn't spend a "small fortune" on all things MGS has less say on a game series they are a fan of?

That's comedy.

Not everyone is the same, Collectibles (of any kind) are expensive and out of reach for many. Last I checked this was a thread dedicated to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that you have a tendency to keep tabs on my posts, that's so sweet of you and I'm very humbled, and here I was having trouble remembering your name. :slap

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!

tumblr_m64syhgTbN1rvbafdo1_500.gif

inside_the_minds_of_fighting_cats-10688.gif

99c5ec494ba34fc2bfb5050230b7d0e0-slowmo2.gif

tumblr_inline_myou5sxBlU1rfmy5m.gif

51883-Matrix-fight-gif-When-your-lit-1q6G.gif

I've heard some people saying there is very little Keifer-Snake dialogue but after checking out the Pre-mission "tapes" there's not only quite a bit of audio from the whole cast but a surprising amount of backstory filling in between this and Peace Walker. Some of it is just Paz's summarizing the last game but still a lot of Snake, Huey & Miller.

I've heard some people saying there is very little Keifer-Snake dialogue but after checking out the Pre-mission "tapes" there's not only quite a bit of audio from the whole cast but a surprising amount of backstory filling in between this and Peace Walker. Some of it is just Paz's summarizing the last game but still a lot of Snake, Huey & Miller.

Yup, i have been mentioning on here that the tapes really expand the story. I think Kiefer does a great job in them. I’m glad that even though the game has been taking backlash because of the price, Kiefer has been getting some really good feedback.

One of the few things that remains constant among the negativity of the reviewers, is how good Kiefer seems to portray BB, even the ones who claim to have been reluctant to the voice swap for loyalty to Hayter claim to have been sold on Kiefer.

It's understandable, watching some walkthroughs, and a couple tapes, the voice fits real nice.

Got it today and finished it in about 2 hours with -1h 20 mins- playtime .I consider myself a slow and patient gamer when it comes to sneaking so i thought i was gonna spend at least 3-4 hours with this.
Unlocked a bunch of side missions so im looking forward to playing those tomorrow.So far so good,finally more realistic CQC too and not the boring 2 punch 1 leg kick combo:lol

Kiefer sounds really good as Big Boss.If not hayter,Kiefer was definitely the right choice.

Back