Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being called Big Boss is the biggest problem with the whole game in my opinion. And to be entirely honest, why is Big Boss' saga called Metal Gear Solid also? I mean MGS3 is a spin off from MGS, MGS2 technically so why class it as a sequel?

Good question actually.

I can see why it happened, MGS3 came straight after the divided opinion on 2. They needed another blockbuster like MGS1 so they used the prequel story for a new approach, but due to the popularity of Snake as a character, they had to make him pretty much Solid Snakes doppelgänger for it to work and fans to accept him as the main character. So it was possible for it the be a prequel.

PW could have ended it though and been called metal gear - insert big boss ref here-

Last edited:
I read an article in some dog turd magazine in the UK called Games.

They didn't even know that Big Boss was a separate character to Snake. They totally merged the characters into one and genuinely believed it had been that way from the start, obviously highlighting the fact they knew nothing about the franchise.

I don't understand why magazine companies and sites let people who have no idea about the game, write the articles. Anyone who knows even the basics of the franchise will read it and be like wtf?

Bro, to be fair, I don't even fully understand what the hell is going on in these games. I can only assume for the average casual gamer, this story line and what's going on in these whole series of games can be somewhat confusing or all over the place for some.
Then again, I lost interest in the series after playing MGS 1 and 2.

:exactly:

I've been saying it for almost a year now, that the reasoning for changing the VA but not the name is completely hypocritical.

In that case, the name is more important than the voice in distinguishing the two. Every story i read where it says Solid Snake instead of BigBoss i facepalm. But because of Kojima rather than the journalist.

Even just let everyone call him "Boss" like Kaz does, what the goddam problem Kojima!?

so to sum up all the reviews what were they complaining about? just the length and the price? they all seem to enjoy it and then given it an 8 or less

To be honest, if it was actually 5% of the game it would be less painful, or if it was 5$.... but supposedly TPP is 200x bigger than GZ, so that means GZ is actually 0.5%, point five percent of the actual game, not even 1%.

I remember that PW had various demos and one of them had like 3 missions, put them all together and you basically have a portable version of GZ, the difference is that that was free.

That's pretty much it, not a lot of bag for your buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the consensus is, it's not a bang for your buck if you aren't a MGS fan. I can't see someone who doesn't care about metal gear enjoying this, or even the other missions like Deja vu. I already have 15 hours put into the game.

That's certainly not the consensus, because even long-time MGS fans who have played GZ at launch, have been lamenting about the price on Facebook and elsewhere. Even though it might appeal to some, not everyone is interested in replaying the same game level dozens of times.

I have yet to see anyone complain that actually bought the game. Even on here, only a handful for members have it, and I think we all have been enjoying it. The reviews have been good also, I think that is the consensus, of course I haven't actually done a survey or nothing to really figure it out.

Man that trailer was really good, I'm torn between getting this and my morals :lol

I kinda knew the story was going to be weak and it's ok since I expect TPP to have the real juice, but I want to get it for the gameplay alone :gah:

I have yet to see anyone complain that actually bought the game. Even on here, only a handful for members have it, and I think we all have been enjoying it. The reviews have been good also, I think that is the consensus, of course I haven't actually done a survey or nothing to really figure it out.

You have got to be kidding me. You don't even have to go far. Just check the Official MGS page on Facebook, the Ground Zeroes product page on Amazon, and of course, Twitter. People have been complaining about this the whole day.

I still think the price is downright criminal.

And it's really going to be insulting if other developers follow suit, and release partial games (or demos disguised as games) for $29.

This should have came with zone of the enders 3!

It really should have :lol. I'm still waiting for the day when Kojima can develop ZOE 3 give this franchise a much needed rest.

I did go to Toysrus and the Giftcard promo ($10 GC with purchase) is indeed for all versions of the game. I think its he best deal so far right now (if you shop at Toysrus alot). Toysrus are getting those new Godzilla figures in also.

Back