Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Phantom Pain (Possibly MGS related?) - update - MGSV?

Well as far as I can tell Frank never sustained any injuries... but Big Boss never lose a hand so who knows.

well his pic in the old MG games had scarring on his cheek (modeled after the guy in Platoon) sooo....

And BB could have had a replcement hand in the old one (ex. Ocelot, Raiden..) a pretty common thing in MG

well his pic in the old MG games had scarring on his cheek (modeled after the guy in Platoon) sooo....

And BB could have had a replcement hand in the old one (ex. Ocelot, Raiden..) a pretty common thing in MG

The replacement limb thing has been done to death. And if you look at artwork for Gray Fox for MGS1 never had any scars. You can't really take those MSX games as gospel since they have been heavily retconned.

just saying kojima could go that route and it wouldnt be all that shocking

Well as far as I can tell Frank never sustained any injuries... but Big Boss never lose a hand so who knows.
Didn't BB lost some limbs from the Outer Heaven incident? (Or so from what I have read on https://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Boss )

Dr. Madnar was also rumored to have provided Big Boss with cybernetic body parts to compensate for the injuries he received in Outer Heaven, under orders from an Eastern Bloc despot, who couldn't resist getting his hands on the legendary soldier.

Anyone able to confirm this?

I don't see the misconceptions. Ill list what is right.

- This is MGS5, Ground Zeroes is a prologue to it ala the tanker chapter in MGS2

- There are Hallucinations of Volgin, possibly the Boss' horse, but with wings and a horn of fire and a Wale

- These Hallucinations may be created by the child in the trailer, who has a large chance of being a young Phyco Mantis

- The soldiers killing all the patients are the very same as the ones with the Burnt face guy from Ground Zeroes.

- The man with the bandaged face is most likely a new character (voiced by Kieffer Sutherland)

- The Phantom Pain trailer is set in the U.K judging from the flag, the elevator saying ground floor, when in the US its referred to as the 1st floor. And the car having the steering wheel on the right

- The man with the bandaged face is most likely a new character (voiced by Kieffer Sutherland)

Joakim Mogren has an official youtube channel (1080p vid, yay) so i assume all new videos will be uploaded here for however long this hoax goes on for
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kav2t0spyE[/ame]

Regardless of what this is for the absolute joy is that Bigboss looks better rendered in this. :rock

Exciting.

- The Phantom Pain trailer is set in the U.K judging from the flag, the elevator saying ground floor, when in the US its referred to as the 1st floor. And the car having the steering wheel on the right

Not UK....Cyprus.

The unmasked "face" is obviously going to be Kojima :lol. Can't wait for the reveal.

Can't wait for Kojima to be done with Big Boss already... he's become the most uninteresting protagonist of the series.

This is some serious next-gen trolling right now.

I like this idea that this guy got in some horrific accident and has to bandage his face up, but then calls a press conference in which he answers no questions. Like, I understand it's all for fun, but I mean, come on, it's pretty outrageous.

The theory that Joakim is actually a CG creation of the Fox Engine is pretty cool, and might make all of this worth it.

Really? Why do you say that?

His character is so stale and has been beaten to death with 3 games going on 4. His whole back story gets less interesting with each prequel.

Solid Snake is the king of MGS no matter what anyone says, and we don't really know much about his past aside from the archaic MSX games.

Booooo Solid snake. he was a Yes man who didnt know anything about what he was doing or why he was doing it, then became Otacons life partner, then became a pensioner. Give us a Liquid Snake game!

Booooo Solid snake. he is was a Yes man who didnt know anything about what he was doing or why he was doing it, then became Otacons life partner, then became a pensioner. Give us a Liquid Snake game!
:goodpost::lecture

I love Liquid Snake, but Solid Snake needs more attention that Big Boss, period.

Big Boss is just a cry baby.

Back