Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Phantom Pain (Possibly MGS related?) - update - MGSV?

If Joakim = Kojima, what does Mogren mean?

Who knows. Kojima is renowned for using odd, cryptic phrases. This is most definitely a trailer for MGS. Without a doubt.

Just read from Kotaku that tonight after the vga awards stephen totilo went to konami after party which he's still at and that everyone is wearing Phantom pain t shirts, also someone took a screenshot of trailer its on kotaku, it clearly shows bigboss

Exactly, and project ogre is metal solid v

You're on a roll tonight man! :horror

Just that one. The rest of the other clues I just collected from various places.

Watching the trailer live the only thing that was obvious to me that this might be an MGS related thing was how similar the guy looked to big boss.

I always suspected that Project Ogre was going to be another MGS game. There's no way Kojima can move away from MGS that easily.

Just read from Kotaku that tonight after the vga awards stephen totilo went to konami after party which he's still at and that everyone is wearing Phantom pain t shirts, also someone took a screenshot of trailer its on kotaku, it clearly shows bigboss

Sweet! :clap

Okay, it's pretty much undeniable now. Now we just have to wait for KojiPro to officially say it.

Gotta give it up to MGS fans, they saw through the smokescreen.
9d78i2st.gif

Guess the question left is what becomes of Ground Zeroes. Same game? Different?

i hope it's a launch title for the ps4 next christmas, i know in interviews kojima said that they've been working on metal gear solid gz for a long time as they have had a ps4 devkit since sony gave them to companys

I have a hunch that "Ground Zeroes" and even "Project Ogre" we're just development names for MGS 5. "The Phantom Pain" sounds like a more legit MGS title.

There are some really active discussions about this at neogaf. Just remembered that I had an account there :lol

By the way, Big Boss looks extremely skinny in that trailer. As if his muscles atrophied when he was in the "coma".

Did BigBoss loose a limb before fighting with Snake?

This game looks like a fantastic horror/mystery. The question is whether this really is Ground Zeroes/MGS5/ OGRE all in one. I still think Koji wants to make a really new IP. (I love how they **** with us!)

This is obviously an MGS trailer though, made with the Fox engine. It even has The Boss' horse. That body at the end looks like the Phyco Mantis doll from MGS4 (screaming matis)

is it possible that this is after his fight with solid snake?

No, this is clearly BigBoss around the time of Ground Zeroes. He was already old when he came across Solid.

I think Ground Zeroes is a prequel to MGS5 like the tanker is a prequel to the plant chapter in MGS2.

This is clearly the same engine as GroundZeroes. I think it'll be a section in the game where Snake ends up in a coma and thats him waking up. Looks like they borrowed a theme from The Dark Knight Rises.

It's probably a boss fight form GZ. Sound like a good setup where Snake has to battle yet another psychic.

metalgar.be managed to figure out the fphyco mantis character is this childs from the trailer:

the-phantom-pain-11.jpg

So you might be right pliskin. This would be a very badass boss battle. And thank god its a human!

heres a comparison shots for ****s and giggles;
the-phantom-pain-13.jpg

It's pretty cool that they're starting to show the original members from Liquid's Foxhound unit. I can't remember if Psycho Mantis and Big Boss knew eachother though. But, from the trailer, it looks like they did. Maybe child Mantis was probably another patient in that hospital and he wanted to break out, and started to light everything on fire.

Back