Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather Big Boss be himself; no mind games, no weird bait-and-switch characters. I've read a theory where it was mentioned that Ground Zeroes could be one big VR Mission :dunno. Imagine if that ever happened.

I never understood the Gray Fox theory anyway. How does it work? Why would Gray Fox pretend to be BB? Why do they look similar?

I see similarities between MGS2 and MGSV ...

little dumb things like the red colored number in the title of the game, or the fact that we get to play a prologue/demo before the actual game (in a place that won't be part of the main story, Tanker and Camp Omega) and other things that I don't remember now :lol... Its useless I know but its kind of intresting...

I see similarities between MGS2 and MGSV ...

little dumb things like the red colored number in the title of the game, or the fact that we get to play a prologue/demo before the actual game (in a place that won't be part of the main story, Tanker and Camp Omega) and other things that I don't remember now :lol... Its useless I know but its kind of intresting...

Thats all true but I think there were just a lot of weird things happening when this game was announced. The change of voice actor, not knowing if it was one game or two, the Moby **** studios stuff so people just started running wild trying to explain all the madness because no answers were coming. Thats how crazy conspiracy theories are born gentleman.

EDIT: Seriously I cant say the name of one of the most popular books ever written??

Last edited:
Big Boss is Big Boss in this game, I would be willing to bet real money on that.

I honestly dont think he does. I think Skull face is someone we have never seen with no relation to anyone we know, I think its certainly the same BB and we will play as him the entire game, no David Hayter and no Solid Snake. Maybe Eli is Liquid and I am sure there will be a few more surprise appearances here and there but nothing that yoy dont get out of any other MGS title.

Obviously, Kojibro is not dumb enough to go down that road again... it didn't work back then and it wouldn't work now

Yea, even when Kojima was asked that question, he laughed as if to say, I learned my lesson. Besides doing something like that again is overkill.

Raiden really made me hate MGS 2 initially. It's going to be funny if Kojima pulls the same thing with MGS V and we find out that someone else was in disguise as Big Boss :lol.

Playing MGR suddenly made me realized I never hated raiden I didn't care for solidus as a villan I thought he was phony hated Vamp seriously what a **** character and I don't like the story in MGS 2 .

Yeah there's a lot of crazy rumors out there. I saw a lot of people angrily debate that Chico, because of what he went through, decides to go mute and becomes Quiet. They were seriously going at it and breaking it down why it SHOULD happen. Fans can be crazy.

Playing MGR suddenly made me realized I never hated raiden I didn't care for solidus as a villan I thought he was phony hated Vamp seriously what a **** character and I don't like the story in MGS 2 .

He was also played like a fiddle pretty badly at the end. I like Solidus’ plan and ideals more than the character

Yeah there's a lot of crazy rumors out there. I saw a lot of people angrily debate that Chico, because of what he went through, decides to go mute and becomes Quiet. They were seriously going at it and breaking it down why it SHOULD happen. Fans can be crazy.

While I don’t think its true, some of the evidence kind of makes me think there a 1% chance it could happen, which is extremely high considering the theory.

Hey, anything is possible. I'm looking forward to whatever they throw at us. I put 30 hours into Ground Zeroes and will continue playing it. Being such a small taste, I know MGS5 is going to awesome.

" Boss, the tape you recovered is clearly a recording of an interrogation - proof that the base has been converted into a black site. But according to the client there also should have been a record of the full scale of the plan. Maybe there was a tape we missed.. "

Little things like that make me replay GZ over and over again :lol

Hey, anything is possible. I'm looking forward to whatever they throw at us. I put 30 hours into Ground Zeroes and will continue playing it. Being such a small taste, I know MGS5 is going to awesome.

I’ve put about 50 hours in already :slap

Can’t get enough of it, the gameplay is so fun! Also, I love the atmosphere of Camp Omega, knowing the kind of horrible things that have been going on there, it feels a little bit like a scary movie at times.

That's awesome man! I'm glad you like it so much. It got me to go right through the whole series again, and I thought I would be sick of them by now, but nope. I'm just so invested in the universe, story and characters. The Last of Us was great, and I agree with all it's high marks, but I'll never play it again. It's one of the only stories that I didn't have to use the "great for a video game," but there's so many things out there like it, like The Road, that it's not memorable. There's nothing like MGS for me. And I agree. That one song felt like it was supposed to be empowering, but perverted into being dark and twisted. I listened to the tapes repeatively, because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It just makes me so happy that they're still pumping out these amazing experiences.

That's awesome man! I'm glad you like it so much. It got me to go right through the whole series again, and I thought I would be sick of them by now, but nope. I'm just so invested in the universe, story and characters. The Last of Us was great, and I agree with all it's high marks, but I'll never play it again. It's one of the only stories that I didn't have to use the "great for a video game," but there's so many things out there like it, like The Road, that it's not memorable. There's nothing like MGS for me. And I agree. That one song felt like it was supposed to be empowering, but perverted into being dark and twisted. I listened to the tapes repeatively, because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It just makes me so happy that they're still pumping out these amazing experiences.

Yup, I plan on playing through the series again after 100% GZ. The MGS series is hands the greatest gaming series of all time, nothing like it.

Hey Ryan I'm finally onto MGS1 Snake VR missions on MGS2

It's great they used the VR missions score from MGS1 too. the starting music doesn't grate at least

I reckon i might have done all the VR missions this weekend. Onto boss survival and i have to get the dogtags on extreme. Might not do that though

Hey Ryan I'm finally onto MGS1 Snake VR missions on MGS2

It's great they used the VR missions score from MGS1 too. the starting music doesn't grate at least

I reckon i might have done all the VR missions this weekend. Onto boss survival and i have to get the dogtags on extreme. Might not do that though

That's super awesome Frank! It will be hell, I kid you not but you're way too deep in to quit now.

Oh, and I find the best way to neutrailze guards is to do a 1-second-groin-puch-in-first-person. It takes some practice, but it's invalueble in th eMGS1 Snake missions.

As for Extreme mode, I'm aware of some strategies that I can share once you're going trough that, I even know how to survive the Arsenal Tengus with just a scratch. :lol I doubt it the achivements/plat will be much trouble for you Frank since the worst is over.

I've gotten 100% on the VR twice- once on the PS2, 2nd on the PS3 and this will be my third time on a new account. I'm pretty rusty and my gaming skils are not as good as when I was younger.

Back