Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already bought one for my solid snake custom. It was fine aside from a frozen elbow i fixed. For $25 shipped theres not much to complain about.

What have you done!
hqdefault.jpg

Ive always wanted a Big Boss MGS 4 figure, and that is perfect! great job :clap

Re: Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread REDUX

Completely new to the boards, but I recently picked up the Big Boss head thats been floating around eBay, and im hella excited to get my first custom done. Im trying to make Ground Zeroes Big Boss, and I will tackle Venom Snake at a later day. All of you guys's works are so great, and I cant wait to share what I come up with.

welcome! the big boss head on ebay (im assuming the numo one) is for venom snake. it wont work for the ground zeroes version unless you dremel and repair the horn and rework the hair (due to the pony tail that isnt in ground zeroes). the sneaking suit will be really hard to make as well. if you manage to pull it off i am excited to see what you get going. good luck!

Welcome to the boards! I hope your handle doesn't mean anything. :lol

Btw Jason, does the InFlames Metal Boss suit work as a GZ suit?

It's similar but it ain't the same, it could work if you weren't too bothered about accuracy

Me neither, i won't be making a 1/6 GZ BB

I'd rather focus on the first 3 games and if HT or somebody else release a 1/6 GZ or TPP I'll probably bite

Eh, I'll wait for an official figure or nothing then. Not that I care much for GZ or TPP.

Me neither, i won't be making a 1/6 GZ BB

I'd rather focus on the first 3 games and if HT or somebody else release a 1/6 GZ or TPP I'll probably bite

Yeah, pretty much the first 3 games for me as well. I wouldn't mind a MPO Snake though. :lol

505284651_86e8581d27.jpg

Ugh, no more rubber sneaking suits :lol. The MGS 3 one alone, speaks volumes of how badly Hot Toys will manage the tailoring on any future figures.

The HT one wasn't actually rubber

If it was it might have had better articulation and in turn would have been more accurate aswell

The HT one wasn't actually rubber

If it was it might have had better articulation and in turn would have been more accurate aswell

Well, not "rubber", but definitely a sort of vinyl. I have so many vinyl/rubber figures already with my Batmen, and MGS Old Snake and Raiden. I don't think I'd want any more :lol.

MGS2 Snake and Raiden, that's all I need. I'll die happy. Heck, I'll quit the hobby.

You won't be able to :lol. I've wanted to quit this hobby for a long time but keep coming back...

You won't be able to :lol. I've wanted to quit this hobby for a long time but keep coming back...

Well, I'll probably slow down. You can tempt a content man. :lol

It got me thinking, Raiden's Skull Suit is unique because it has quite a number of shades despite at first glance being plain looking. It would be awesome in 1/6 scale and a really nice compliment to MGS2 Snake.

1040044-snake_raiden.jpg

Well, I'll probably slow down. You can tempt a content man. :lol

It got me thinking, Raiden's Skull Suit is unique because it has quite a number of shades despite at first glance being plain looking. It would be awesome in 1/6 scale.

But I have no doubt it will be rubber, and unposeable.

But I have no doubt it will be rubber, and unposeable.

Yeah, and that would suck. How bout once the MGS2 custom gets off the ground we'll gauge an interest thread, and if it goes well we could pass the design to any custom tailors that might offer an alternative to rubber. Maybe, just maybe someone could come up with something that looks good.

That is, if anybody gives a crap about MGS2 Raiden, with TPP around the corner it's all Big Baws now.

Yeah, and that would suck. How bout once the MGS2 custom gets off the ground we'll gauge an interest thread, and if it goes well we could pass the design to any custom tailors that might offer an alternative to rubber. Maybe, just maybe someone could come up with something that looks good.

That is, if anybody gives a crap about MGS2 Raiden, with TPP around the corner it's all Big Baws now.

If you got a MGS2 Snake, love him or hate him you'd need a Raiden... and Pliskin :monkey3

Back