Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the coo m14 sniper rifle, I think it looks somewhat close to the renov rifle in the game.
c10b3021725e7baa1a87b46bffde793e.jpg

c19abcadf8f1635c57207edeedb5ab57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one in the game you posted looks like a British L42A1. I think it was made in 1/6 by Barrack Sgt.

You're right Jack that one is closer, it's cheape enough to where I might be able to get both and use parts from the COO m14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange they decided to go with these weird made-up weapons. The relatively realistic tactical equipment and applications have always been a staple of MGS. I don't think anything beats the scene in MGS3 when EVA gives Snake his modified 1911.

I didn't like the made up weapons either. It should of been all era based stuff. I didn't care for all the rail systems that weren't even around back then.

I didn't like the made up weapons either. It should of been all era based stuff. I didn't care for all the rail systems that weren't even around back then.

Definitely. One of the things that made Snake Eater cool was the whole Cold War setting, complete with tech. It wasn't too far fetched. MGSV seems to have totally thrown that aspect out the window, which is strange considering the time period was a real boom in "mercenary" action, especially in Africa, and saw lots of developments in gear and weapons. Snake should've been equipped with a Hi-Standard suppressed .22 pistol for sentry disposal, a Browning Hi-Power pistol for direct action, and an FAL or AK for his long-gun.

I actually have a WW2 style Colt 1911 MkIV being modified to my specs now, pretty similar to the features Snake's had in MGS3.

MGS4 took it to a whole other level. I remember when you first get the AK at the beginning you can see Snake turn the safety on after he sees the MK 2. Or when you get the M4 from Drebin and Snake disassembles it with the magazine an 2 rounds just like they are made to be IRL. There is so much more too that you just wouldn't notice unless you were watching but for someone like me it was tremendously appreciated. I only wish they implemented a jamming or degradation system to justify you using some of the other weapons.

Yeah, the last one I saw was $65 which is why I passed on it. I don't know why that thing skyrocketed.

It doesn't even need to be that version, I just need a black stabo rig.

Back