Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys i need some suggestions for weapons for my Venom Snake. In the game i used the tranq pistol, a silenced sniper rifle and the rifle you start with with a suppressor. Any suggestions as to what might look close to whats in the game? Thanks in advanced!

I used the machine gun that came with the raiden figure, and i used the pistol from the MGS3 figure (which isn't accurate of course)

I'm biding my time for the HT figure and hopefully they will include an accurate pistol and silencer.

JackD, Dylan or Elvis would probably know something more accurate to pick up.

Hey guys i need some suggestions for weapons for my Venom Snake. In the game i used the tranq pistol, a silenced sniper rifle and the rifle you start with with a suppressor. Any suggestions as to what might look close to whats in the game? Thanks in advanced!

I used the machine gun that came with the raiden figure, and i used the pistol from the MGS3 figure (which isn't accurate of course)

I'm biding my time for the HT figure and hopefully they will include an accurate pistol and silencer.

JackD, Dylan or Elvis would probably know something more accurate to pick up.

Yeah the rifle from HT Raiden would be perfect, but sellers want way too much for that rifle on Ebay. Im really considering giving him a AK just because the PAK came with one lol

It's going to be difficult to match the weapons in this game because for some reason they went with entirely fake weapons unlike the other games in the series.

If the tranq pistol you used was the WU pistol it's supposed to be a Ruger MKIII like the one in MGS4. I have no idea why they didn't just use it again because they already had the assets. I would have to see exactly which sniper rifle you used to be sure but if it's the one from GZ then it's a Remington 700 or its military designation the M40. As for the MRS that is like the NATO super gun. Pretty much every 556 chambered weapon used from the cold war till now is referenced in some way in this rifle. I would go with paying for the HT weapon or a FAL unless you have the ability to Frankenstein it from other parts then I could try to break it down for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Dylan! I'll look into some of the weapons you mentioned and see what works, i might Frankenstein some together if I really need to. This is a great starting point tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though I do not have the game yet, googling the MGSV tranq pistol shows a couple different versions. One looks very close to the Automag pistol, another resembles the Chinese Type 67 pistol. You'll be hard pressed to find the Automag; they are out there but are casts of 21st Century Toys prototypes never released.

The Chinese Type 67, however, was recently done by Soldier Story and can be found pretty easily.

Thanks for the info Dylan! I'll look into some of the weapons you mentioned and see what works, i might Frankenstein some together if I really need to. This is a great starting point tho.

If you need more help with the different parts or anything just let me know. I think the best place to start for the upper receiver, lower receiver, trigger and pistol grip would be the AR-18 from Hot Toys' Terminator figure. Here a link.

Terminator 1: Battle Damaged T-800 - Machine Gun - Toy Anxiety

The rifle from Ground Zeroes is nearly identical to the FNC para configuration. Unfortunately, the only 1/6 is the old Hasbro one.

Yeah it was from the Classic Collection in the late 90s, Belgian Para Commando. It's a shame the HT rifle is so rare.

If I can't put something together with a silencer for a rifle I might just go with an AK, I mean he's in Afghanistan for a good part of the game lol

Yeah but even the AK in the game looks strange. Might be the best bet tho all things considered. I would imagine that isn't the last time we will see that Hot Toys mold of the MRS.

Hot toys just needs to hurry and announce some MGS5 stuff, would really like a HT Quiet and maybe a sneaking suit venom if they can do it right.

Aside from Snake & Quiet, I would like a Buddy Pack. D-walker & D Dog. Simple designs with not much articualtion needed.

I think d dog has a better chance of being made, but I would expect only 2 characters from this game for Hot Toys.

Though I do not have the game yet, googling the MGSV tranq pistol shows a couple different versions. One looks very close to the Automag pistol, another resembles the Chinese Type 67 pistol. You'll be hard pressed to find the Automag; they are out there but are casts of 21st Century Toys prototypes never released.

The Chinese Type 67, however, was recently done by Soldier Story and can be found pretty easily.

Just checked out the type 67 and with a bit of modding you can definitely make the tranq pistol from MGSV, this might be my starting point, thanks Jack!

871f028cee9d55d0fee02268f00fac24.jpg

be823ddb9b1366bec380d11f76047d44.jpg

Yeah, it'll work well enough. DAM Toys has a bunch of various Russian and Chinese small-arms that will fit the bill for the pistols in the game. Seb used one from the recent Spets in Beslan figure that looks very much in line with the game weapons.

Back