Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there is no damage... it's lighting going through the plastic packaging. This guy is a real idiot or full ****face.

How much feedback did the buyer have? I wish sellers had more choice in what type of buyers they can block from their auctions.

The buyer had 600+ feedback, which I took as a good sign at the time. Problem is, the feedback rating only really applies to selling. You can't give people bad ratings when they buy.

Last edited:
Well here's hoping he was just havin buyer's remorse and was making up an excuse to return. Hope the figure is fine and not some bs swap out.

Not likely. If the buyer wants a return claiming that the item wasn't as specified, they get a return. If I tried to decline it Ebay would take the money from me anyways from my PayPal account. The buyer always wins. Best case scenario for me is that the item arrives back to me in reasonable condition and I only lose the money that it cost to ship it back and forth, which was about $30.

I should have realized something was up when the buyer purchased it and asked me to go into great detail about what I meant when I said the package had "normal shelf wear". Apparently they were looking for a $100 figure that looked like a $500 figure, with packaging that had never been touched by human hands.

I hate when I get these types of buyers. They ask 600 questions about the item's condition and then ask you to pack it extra carefully just for them. Every time I get one of those, I'm scared the whole time that they'll leave negative feedback.

Smells like the kind of BS that results from a major case of buyer's remorse. Ebay will tell you that such behavior from a buyer is not acceptable but their policies are so open-ended in regards to INAD (item not as described) that it's very hard for a seller to win any claim, even if they have 100 pictures, giant bold disclaimers, etc.

So that stinks Chronos. I would just sell it on here, you might not get what you would on eBay but you wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

This guy isn't too thrilled about his Sneaking suit Snake, to be honest the figure looks really sloppy compared to the standard set in PW, MGS1/2 and the Ground Zeroes figures. The QC for the price tag is pretty poor too (my experiences with Meryl concur).

God, do I hate Ebay. This is the second time I've had a large bull**** return. The other was for a Tria laser that my fiancé wanted to sell and the woman that received it swapped it with her broken unit.

I'm guessing I'm screwed on this one too.

Sorry to hear that man. Once again, Quiet's boobs is the cause of misery. :/

Need some advice guys. I want to grab a PAK MGSV figure, reasonable priced before they start to get scarce....I'm really looking into getting Skull Face because I think he looks awesome and I can get him for around $100 Canadian ($75 US) which is decent. Haven't played the game yet and don't want too many spoilers but is he an important baddie? Will I like the figure more after playing the game and for those that have him, how is the figure itself?

Thanks!

Need some advice guys. I want to grab a PAK MGSV figure, reasonable priced before they start to get scarce....I'm really looking into getting Skull Face because I think he looks awesome and I can get him for around $100 Canadian ($75 US) which is decent. Haven't played the game yet and don't want too many spoilers but is he an important baddie? Will I like the figure more after playing the game and for those that have him, how is the figure itself?

Thanks!

If you're asking if he's an important to the lore, the answer is no. If you're asking if he's a compelling, well written and deep character with brevity and credibility- well, that's a no too. :lol

If you have no attachment nor fondness to a villain then it might be best to go with the surefire classics, such as Liquid Snake or Solidus.

If you're asking if he's an important to the lore, the answer is no. If you're asking if he's a compelling, well written and deep character with brevity and credibility- well, that's a no too. :lol

If you have no attachment nor fondness to a villain then it might be best to go with the surefire classics, such as Liquid Snake or Solidus.

Yikes, that bad? He looked pretty awesome in the GZ trailers...huh, figures look really awesome though. I just wanted one PAK to represent Phantom Pain on my shelf...guess I'll wait for Ocelot.

He didnt really represent the game well either. Id say venom snake sneaking suit, quiet, or d-dog would be the ones youd want from that game if anything.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Quiet is way out of my budget now, which is what I'm trying to avoid. D-Dog looks okay, but I'm not sure about getting an animal figure. Guess I'll have to play the game or read spoilers before I can really decide.

Im somewhat interested in " the third child " but thats about it as far as PAK goes

Quiet is way out of my budget now, which is what I'm trying to avoid. D-Dog looks okay, but I'm not sure about getting an animal figure. Guess I'll have to play the game or read spoilers before I can really decide.

Well, if you want spoilers for Skullface, one could easily sum him up in about a sentence. MGSV has little story and character development.

In that case I guess I'll skip PAK for TPP and save up towards my PAK MGS Solid Snake fund.

Well it depends. Critic reviews have been largely positive yet fan reactions have been either mixed or negative. Much of the game feels nothing like MGS, with half baked characters, lack of story and cutscenes and generally lacking in drama and personality. You spend alrge amonts of time doing the same types of missions over and over begging for the next plot development, and when it arrives, it can get hugely disappointing. The best way to know which camp you are at is to play the game yourself and decide.

That being said, any PAK from MGS1 ,2, and Rising would be a safe bet, you truly can't go wrong with those.

Thanks for the help Ryan. I have PW Jungle Fatigues Snake and he is one of my favorite figures in my collection. Meryl, Liquid and Raiden from MGS2 seems to be affordable still, so I'll look into those.

I just got an offer for my sealed McFarlane MGS1 Snake/Meryl Fishtank from a local collector. I was wondering how much I should sell it for? Anybody? Jason? Mosya? Rampy?

Back